Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

G-Lude's Black H22A8 5th Gen

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
G-lude
My Generation: 5G

Re: G-Lude's Black H22A8 5th Gen

Post by G-lude » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:37 pm

Rudelude wrote:What an amazing looking Lude and the ctr rims look really good, I'm not afan of powerflow, like litter they r everywhere. I have tein suspension too and its perfect to keep the car usable. The paintwork looks amaZeballs... Love how it's gone so far... Great pics too
Thanks bud :) I was very uncertain with the CTR rims. I've always been marmite with how flat the face of the rim is but was surprised how well they work on my build :) I think 50% of the paintwork is my efforts with the compound and 50% is my partners photography skills :lol:

The tein colies are perfect and I didn't notice much more harshness in the ride. Just enough to take out the boaty feel when you put the brakes on :) If I decide to keep her I think my next mod will have to be some s2000 seats. Feel like I am neglecting the interior at the moment!

Rudelude

Post by Rudelude » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:57 pm

If Have the budget u should investigate a custom leather install. So u keep the original seats. I've always like ctr runs on the Lude, and did consider them. At some point I may acquire some as an extra set, and give the Lude a different look.. But i have another 2 years in USA yet.. your is a beauty tho. Ml oils better than 80% of the new motors on the market... Lude Power
1997 Type S, Pearl White
Rust Free & Mugen Goodness

prelude_h22

Post by prelude_h22 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:21 pm

Thanks Alex :) really happy with how the prelude is at the moment! Insurance is just around the corner so having to put anymore mods on hold until then D: still need to arrange that photoshoot!
Yeah definitely need that photoshoot.
Good luck with insurance - hope it comes down abit this year

G-lude

Re: G-Lude's Black H22A8 5th Gen

Post by G-lude » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:52 pm

What a month!

Looks like I will be keeping the prelude running for a while longer before selling. Who knows at the moment - that could turn into another 6 months, a year, even longer? :lol:

So I bought another car recently as my potential replacement. I had been looking about for a while but nothing quite cut it to replace the prelude for my budget. I've always loved the look of Alfas; after all who doesn't? So I did what one should never do.. Actually buy one!

So the actual crime was purchasing an Alfa GTV 2.0 JTS lusso with 65k on the clock and a full service history with stacks of receipts. I took the risk knowing I could make a healthy gain on it should I dislike it. When I turned up to purchase I was passed on an enthusiasts details who wanted me to sell it to him for £500 more than the price I paid! He couldn't view the car as he was away and a little bitter I had snapped it up before he had the chance. I already knew I was getting a bargain so it was good to have a potential buyer lined up from my point of view.

Ive been trying to get to grips with driving my mini Italian sports car but I just don't love it like I do the prelude :( these cars run stupid tyre pressures (39psi up front) and the suspension is fairly solid. My old car had Meister R coilies which were firm but Alfa has bought it to a whole new level! The driving position isn't great and the front windshield is tiny compared to the prelude! I won't bore you with all the ins and outs but it's going back up for sale this weekend.

Dependant on how much I get I may review sorting out the paint bubbling on the prelude and/or getting a new timing belt fitted as it's coming up to £100,000 miles and ideally I would like to get rid of the auto tensioner.

Anyway you are all stuck with me for a while longer! You'll be happy to know the European market won't win me over that easily ;) I'll stick to what I know - Jap reliability!

Apologies for being so indecisive. I'm sure some of you will think I'm a little silly buying something so far out of my depth but I took a risk... It just hasn't worked out. Hopefully I have my silver lining knowing I got it at a good price.

Rudelude

Post by Rudelude » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:23 pm

It's a nicelude, better than a Alfa all day... And heaps more reliable... Tho I hear the 3.0 GTV has its price on the increase,
Apparently a good investment.. At least u have tried it. Most of us stick it out for a while before returning to Ludeship.... (Prelude worship, I made that word up just now...hahah)...
1997 Type S, Pearl White
Rust Free & Mugen Goodness

Mattbigwood

Post by Mattbigwood » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:37 pm

Rudelude wrote:It's a nicelude, better than a Alfa all day... And heaps more reliable... Tho I hear the 3.0 GTV has its price on the increase,
Apparently a good investment.. At least u have tried it. Most of us stick it out for a while before returning to Ludeship.... (Prelude worship, I made that word up just now...hahah)...
I started my Ludeship in 2000 with a 1989 3rd gen (bought it with less than 60,000 on the clock) and loved it, but work situation at the time meant I had to sell it. Now I'm on my third Lude. .....

Return to “Lude Profiles”