Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

rrobis' IVgen

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
Merlin
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: Merlinbadman

Post by Merlin » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:37 am

Cold performance is fine. I would say though that I wouldn't use such a tyre for road only, while they are able to deal with water they will not be at the level of an all year round tyre. Plus they are not comfy enough for everyday use as the side walls are rock hard. I like to hoon it round country roads as much as the next person, UniRoyal Rainsports do the job fine, and give good dry and wet performance.
BA8......... BB4......... BB8.........The JDM Muscle Bus

rrobis
My Generation: 4G

Re: rrobis's IVgen

Post by rrobis » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:10 pm

Merlin wrote:Cold performance is fine. I would say though that I wouldn't use such a tyre for road only, while they are able to deal with water they will not be at the level of an all year round tyre. Plus they are not comfy enough for everyday use as the side walls are rock hard. I like to hoon it round country roads as much as the next person, UniRoyal Rainsports do the job fine, and give good dry and wet performance.
as i'm driving lude only during summer season, then all year tire is not an option anyway as the temperature never gets close to a point when m+s works better..
comfort is not a concern as well, since the car already is loud and low and harsh enough - have a family estate for comfort.
what i'm looking for is a tyre that works good on freaking insane day to day use on dry and whet while keeping in reasonable budget. hence looking at federals (heard some good reviews of local CTR and CRX drivers about them)..
however performance varies from car to car :)
perhaps there are another options worth checking out?
4gen Prelude JDM H22A LSD Accord CM1 Type-F
Image Image
Sortaflush. offset is something

Merlin

Post by Merlin » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:48 pm

In that case get the Federals ;)

rrobis

Post by rrobis » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:56 pm

Merlin wrote:In that case get the Federals ;)
okay.. rsr, evo or rpm?
Image Image

Merlin

Post by Merlin » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:09 pm

If you want an all out summer tyre I would go for the RSR's. The Evo looks like an all weather tyre and the RPM looks to be a combination of the two.

tom023
Supporter 2016

Post by tom023 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:05 pm

I recommend Kumho Ku36. They are on the same line as the 595rsr. Kumho state they have a 180 treadwear rating so they should last slightly longer where as 595rsr have 140 I believe. (Take this with a pinch of salt as treadwear rating measurement varies between brands).
The ku36 are great in the dry and are even better once they are slightly warmed up.
They hold up in the wet although I wouldn't push the car with them on.
I'm going to be putting them on in the near future as I would like 215/45r16's (595rsr's only do 205 size in 16's) and I had them on my civic before.

Thought you'd like to know about a similar tyre to the 595rsr.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

rrobis

Post by rrobis » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:11 pm

tom023 wrote:I recommend Kumho Ku36. They are on the same line as the 595rsr. Kumho state they have a 180 treadwear rating so they should last slightly longer where as 595rsr have 140 I believe. (Take this with a pinch of salt as treadwear rating measurement varies between brands).
The ku36 are great in the dry and are even better once they are slightly warmed up.
I'm going to be putting them on in the near future as I would like 215/45r16's (595rsr's only do 205 size in 16's) and I had them on my civic before.

Thanks for the feedback!
Yes, Kumho looks reasonable as well, however I'm leaning towards Nankang though, as it seems it performs best in wet conditions from all of previously mentioned tyres while maintaining reasonable price

There's still plenty of time to choose for me, si I'm open to suggestions and real world experience ;)
Image Image

tom023
Supporter 2016

Post by tom023 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:55 pm

rrobis wrote:
tom023 wrote:I recommend Kumho Ku36. They are on the same line as the 595rsr. Kumho state they have a 180 treadwear rating so they should last slightly longer where as 595rsr have 140 I believe. (Take this with a pinch of salt as treadwear rating measurement varies between brands).

Thanks for the feedback!
Yes, Kumho looks reasonable as well, however I'm leaning towards Nankang though, as it seems it performs best in wet conditions from all of previously mentioned tyres while maintaining reasonable price

There's still plenty of time to choose for me, si I'm open to suggestions and real world experience ;)
Remember nankang ns2r's come in two different compounds, 120 and 180 if i remember correctly.

rrobis

Post by rrobis » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:35 am

tom023 wrote:
rrobis wrote:

Thanks for the feedback!

Remember nankang ns2r's come in two different compounds, 120 and 180 if i remember correctly.

Yes, 180 is more suitable for street and 120 is not even available at my local shops
Image Image

rrobis

Post by rrobis » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:22 pm

unwarapped wheels from tyres and sent for straightening.
I knew that they were far from superb (considering they came off a 200sx.. :D ) but it turns out only one of 4 was straight and nearly perfect, all others were wobbly.
so once that' s done - will grind all the hit marks off and off to sandblast and powder coating.

list of tasks to do once car is out of garage in spring is getting longer though... :lol:
Image Image

Return to “Lude Profiles”