Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Benthebratt's 5th Gen -

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
benthebratt
My Generation: 5G
XBOX GamerTag: BAD BOY B3N
PSN GamerTag: benthebratt

Benthebratt's 5th Gen -

Post by benthebratt » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:35 pm

Hi , ive been on the forum for a while now and I went to JAE last year when I first got the lude. Whilst ive got a bit of spare time I'm gonna start my thread on my Prelude.

I had the Lude off my Dad last year. He had the car from his mate who had it from the factory new. So its been in the family for a fair few years now. My Dad wanted a change and so did I , so we swapped cars! The car was completely standard when I got it, even with the lovely rust on the arches ( thanks Dad). Anyway any little spare cash ive had has been going on it. But before I started to put money into it I wanted to make sure the engine was healthy so did a few tests like compression, leak down and gave it a run on the dyno, all came back well.
standard: Image

So the first thing I did was to get a new backbox and silencer as from the m.o.t the car was blowing from the pipe between the backbox and silencer due to rust, so I bought a powerflow setup from a chap on this forum.
backbox: Image

After that i got 35mm lowering springs fitted which cost me £30 .Next was yellow fog lights from America got them for £40 which I don't think was too bad at all. Then the usual wind deflectors and got myself a ep3 steering wheel.

Now some of the big changes that are happening in the next couple of months. Ive got the car booked in to get the rear arches done as bought replacement ones off Cebul. Whilst that's getting done they are going to spray my Montegi kit I got off Mills. If all goes well then my friend is going to machine polish the car to get out those dirty swirl marks its gathered over the years. So that's the bodywork done. Onto the performance end. Ive just bought myself a new sports manifold off ebay with a sports catback which should come in a couple of days !!! Image

car at the present:

Then onto the wheels, I'm looking at some new alloys but really don't know if they will fit, if someone could help me that would be great. I want 18" with 9.5j on the back with an offset of 20 and then 8.5 on the front with offset of 30. Would these be ok if I pull the rear arches before they go on ?
Last edited by benthebratt on Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:09 pm, edited 8 times in total.

RattyMcClelland
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:46 pm

Looks really nice from the front, aggressive.

However there isn't a chance those wheels will fit.
Bring the offset closer to 40 and stretched tyres and flattened and pulled arches might just do it.
Pearl white weds sports would suit that car. :mrgreen:

benthebratt

Re: Benthebratt's 5th Gen

Post by benthebratt » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:00 pm

the offset for the wheels I want only do in 20 for the 9.5 :( would that mean id have to go for 8.5 j all round been looking at jr11's http://www.driftworks.com/jr-wheels-jr1 ... jr-11.html

Sailor
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 0G

Post by Sailor » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:07 pm

What car did you swap for it?
International Pensioner of Mystery

RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:26 pm

8.5" at 30 might fit but I personally would stick to 17". Again stretched tyres with these. Ghay stretched tyres.

For reference at the moment I run 17x8 at 30 with 215/45 and I don't rub. Pulled and rolled arches. Going with 17x9 et 40 next with 245/40 tyres. With stretched tyres I can go wider but as above uber ghay.

benthebratt

Post by benthebratt » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:18 pm

So I could do 17" 9j with a 35 offset ? So its not the width that's a worry but the room under the arch? Am I correct ? Also thanks for the help

benthebratt

Post by benthebratt » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:21 pm

@sailor I swapped it for my old civic
[URL=http://s1282.photobucket.com/user/ ... inal[/img][/url]

RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:37 pm

benthebratt wrote:So I could do 17" 9j with a 35 offset ? So its not the width that's a worry but the room under the arch? Am I correct ? Also thanks for the help
Yer there isn't much room. 17x9 at 35 Will work well. You can get away with using a 215/45 on that size.
I'd be worried 35mm drop isn't low enough.
But an arch roll and a outlook is a must on all these sizes. Also the rear bumper will need trimming back.

benthebratt

Post by benthebratt » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:46 pm

I'm getting coilovers too, and with the rear bumper where would need trimming? Getting excited now as may order these soon!

RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:59 pm

Rear bumper tab. Remove the bolt the hold each side in, hammer the metal back and cut the plastic down where the top of a mud flap would fix to.

Return to “Lude Profiles”