Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Project Obnoxious-mobile

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
lxstuart
My Generation: 4G

Project Obnoxious-mobile

Post by lxstuart » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:41 pm

Well seeing as there are a few people that know about this, and a few more that have probably sussed that I've got it, I thought I may as well start a profile thread.

18 months ago when I still had this car, I decided I wanted to change a few things. H22, lowered, noisy exhaust, and matt black paintwork. However a car popped up in the for sale section which pretty much was what I wanted, with the exception that it had been stripped for track use.
Nevermind I thought, I can take bits off the red Lude and put them on the new Black one, then just break/scrap the red one.
Unfortunately, due to the accident at the end of the above thread, it meant that I wouldn't be able to insure the black one as I'd lost no-claims bonus. It also meant that I didn't want to take stuff off the red one until the claim was settled.
So the car just sat there.
Whilst it was sat there somebody managed to back into it, forcing the bumper up into the body work and bending part of the rear arch (where the arch panel meets the lights), and pushing the car into the garage door, which bent the front bumper a tad, both front wings a tiny bit, and bending the bonnet :evil:
Winter came, and whilst looking over the Lude I noticed that the coolant hoses were rather hard :?

Turns out that the previous owner had topped up the coolant with just water, and it had frozen solid.
Erring on the side of caution, I took off the rad cap, removed the thermostat, and just left it to thaw.
It was probably a good 4 months later that I felt confident enough to see if it still ran, it fired up on the first turn of the key 8-)
It wasn't all good though, as it had now gained a small leak around the water pump area :(
Eventually I got around to taking it somewhere, and as the MoT had run out get them to take it for a test, too.

Slightly anoyingly, they put it through a cat emissions test, which it almost passed :lol:
Unfortunately, there were three pages of other fails, so thats a bit of a moot point.

Highlights of the fail sheet;
Mr MoT man wrote:Headlight alignment is out
one of the tyres is shot
all coil springs not correctly located
O/S ball joint
Service brake below requirements
parking brake below requirements
Rear brakes shagged
no sidelights
no hazzard lights
no fog light
The only thing on that list that really worries me is the coil springs. They're Mugen, I assume matched springs and dampers. Basically, when the car is jacked up, they're free to move about. This doesn't sound right to me at all, begining to wonder if the springs have been cut :?

Picked the car up today so took a few pictures;

I'm currently starting to wonder if it might be best to cut my losses and just get shot.
Theres a hell of a lot of work that would actually need doing, and although I have most of the parts (taken off the red Lude) I'm wondering if its worth it in the long run.
Theres also the fact that the Lude is a third car :?
Howzit37 wrote:lxstuart thinks Lewd Lude Lover has a pretty mouth and becomes particularly messy when there are sleeping women in nearby tents, also...having administered so much chloroform and rohypnol in the past, he now smells like a date rape kit enveloped in shame...and as a finale, he masterbates, A LOT, probably while wrapped in some "kinky" barbed wire.
Image Not always SFW

bristol_bb4
LotM Winner

Post by bristol_bb4 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:47 pm

if it were me, id sell me those wheels then sell/break it and start again with a good solid base car! :)

JayJay

Post by JayJay » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:06 pm

bristol_bb4 wrote:if it were me, id sell me those wheels then sell/break it and start again with a good solid base car! :)
This. Just seems like it'd be a nightmare of a job!
Shiny wrote:I sniff dirty pants.

A1ex
My Generation: 5G

Post by A1ex » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:26 pm

How are the sills & rear arches? If they're good perhaps it's worth keeping as sorting the other stuff will be cheaper than sorting that properly on a different one...

Looking at the list of issues, 3 of the will be sorted by changing the rear brakes
PAW rebuilt 98 prelude 228bhp & 171lb/ft R.I.P.
PAW rebuilt 01 ATR 238bhp & 164lb/ft sold
Monte Carlo Blue 02 S2K :D

lxstuart

Re: Project Obnoxious-mobile

Post by lxstuart » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:54 pm

Arches and sills are all in good nick, thats another reason I got this one.
Howzit37 wrote:lxstuart thinks Lewd Lude Lover has a pretty mouth and becomes particularly messy when there are sleeping women in nearby tents, also...having administered so much chloroform and rohypnol in the past, he now smells like a date rape kit enveloped in shame...and as a finale, he masterbates, A LOT, probably while wrapped in some "kinky" barbed wire.
Image Not always SFW

mercutio
LotM Winner

Post by mercutio » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:07 pm

i remember this wasnt it southy's from buxton ? i wanted the suspension at the time glad i didnt now really
bristol_bb4 wrote:ahhh a 5th gen, i love 5th gens :D :lol:
Dino wrote:I loves the 5th gen really.... just dont quote me on it... ;)
4thgenphil wrote:Mines 4 1/4 unches mate, sorry

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... -t618.html

A1ex

Post by A1ex » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:00 pm

I'll be upgrading my suspension soon so I'll have my oem stuff spare if you want it for a low price ;) you'd have to check if it fits a 4g first tho
PAW rebuilt 98 prelude 228bhp & 171lb/ft R.I.P.
PAW rebuilt 01 ATR 238bhp & 164lb/ft sold
Monte Carlo Blue 02 S2K :D

lxstuart

Post by lxstuart » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:22 pm

Yes, was Southy's. When I can be arsed, I'll get it up on the Jack and take a proper look. Will probably be in the summer at some point.

Alex, thanks for the offer, but I still have my red one for spares. I should be fine for anything OEM.
Image Not always SFW

Ammo
Admin | Spammer Assassin

Post by Ammo » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:39 am

They sound like cheap eBay coilovers to me

lxstuart

Post by lxstuart » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:45 am

Ammo wrote:They sound like cheap eBay coilovers to me
They're Mugen, anybody heard of them?
Image Not always SFW

Return to “Lude Profiles”