Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

1995 4G Track Car Project

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
Drax
My Generation: 4G

Post by Drax » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:32 am

you need a tool like this which is thin in the middle/bottom section to get around the egr, then just take off the pipes above that are in the way and it's a 12mm you'll need i think
2.2 JDM DOHC SI-VTEC LSD TCS 4WS ABS BB1 MANUAL 1992
FOR PAUL

sol-lude
PSN GamerTag: Lude_666

Post by sol-lude » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:56 am

Drax wrote:you need a tool like this which is thin in the middle/bottom section to get around the egr, then just take off the pipes above that are in the way and it's a 12mm you'll need i think
Halfords advanced for the win :evil:

uberNoobZA

Re: 1995 4G Track Car Project

Post by uberNoobZA » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:23 am

On mine it's a size 13 on one side an looks like a size 12 on the other. The socket doesn't even seem to fit though. Will go back to the lockup tomorrow and give it another try after moving some pipes out of the way

Archie Roku
Supporter 2016
XBOX GamerTag: Archie Roku

Post by Archie Roku » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:12 pm

As Drax stated above. All you need is a 1/4" ratchet with an extension on it. If your using a 1/2" ratchet then you wont be able to do it as you've found out. They should be a 12mm nut on each side, and make sure you don't loose the gasket once its off

uberNoobZA

Post by uberNoobZA » Tue May 15, 2018 10:42 am

Finally got the 2WS conversion and full polybushing done on the Prelude, and she's back on the road with her original lowered suspension on :D Her handling is completely different, and without the 4WS (which was 'locked' in 2WS mode most of the time) causing a LOT of vibration in the steering, she feels more stable too.

Compared to when I first got her, she's got a fair amount more arch gap since her 'weight loss', so I can make it over most minor speed bumps (slowly) without scraping :lol: I like how she sits now as well, which I think looks better than before (as she's not so low anymore).

Gonna have her at JDM Combe on the Kuruma Shakai stand if anyone's interested, but when I've given her a good clean, I'll take some exterior and interior shots.
Last edited by uberNoobZA on Tue May 15, 2018 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drax

Post by Drax » Tue May 15, 2018 3:48 pm

most excellent news :twisted:
2.2 JDM DOHC SI-VTEC LSD TCS 4WS ABS BB1 MANUAL 1992
FOR PAUL

mart609
LotM Winner
XBOX GamerTag: mart609
PSN GamerTag: mart609

Post by mart609 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:41 pm

you should copy your updates over from honda karma its an interesting read

uberNoobZA

Post by uberNoobZA » Tue May 15, 2018 7:04 pm

mart609 wrote:you should copy your updates over from honda karma its an interesting read
That's a LOT of updates :lol:

uberNoobZA

Post by uberNoobZA » Tue May 15, 2018 7:51 pm

Here's a pic of her getting tracking done

And after giving her a proper clean, I popped by a mates place to work on her EGR (CEL is coming on with an error pointing to EGR - I have an EGR blanking plateand gasket to fit)

When I got there, the engine bay was WAY too hot to work on the EGR, and while waiting for it to cool, I realized I needed to be back home to do some work remotely, so we didn't get that done.

Instead, I took a bunch of pictures :D
Image Image Image Image Image Image

A nice shot showing her roof in satin black (and, at last, a dead level steering wheel !!)

uberNoobZA

Post by uberNoobZA » Tue May 15, 2018 8:09 pm

Got a couple of interior shots to show as well (sorry for the Honda Karma watermarks, I don't have the originals anymore)-

This shows the small screen I am using for my dashcam feed and reversing camera (I removed my double DIN stereo), as well as the display for the reversing sensors I fitted, and also the absence of a 4WS light (about damn time)

When I removed the ABS ECU, I found that the bracket it was mounted on fitted the Sony amp I am using for the Bose spare wheel sub PERFECTLY, so it's no longer sat where the back seats used to be (scuse the dust)

I found that whenever I brake a little hard, the stuff in the boot always comes flying forward, so I sprayed the metal frame I removed from behind the rear seats in black, and fitted it back (this is an old pic, showing where I had the 4WS ECU sat, but that and the wiring loom is now gone, as you can see in the second pic - the ECU you can see sat in the boot isn't connected to anything btw, I just had a bunch of crap in the boot :D ).

I also sprayed the strut brace black too, to match the all black interior (it was blue before)

Return to “Lude Profiles”