Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

1995 4G Track Car Project

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
sol-lude
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: Lude_666

Post by sol-lude » Wed May 16, 2018 9:45 am

woaw some nice updates I might need to sign up to Honda Karma and have a full nosey.
Car looks great I need a rocket to get my backside in gear before I lose this summer for doing work to the lude. Might get the subframe removed and get things ready for being shot blasted and remove the rest of the engine bay things.

got a week off next month so should get plenty done around the car and the house.

uberNoobZA

Re: 1995 4G Track Car Project

Post by uberNoobZA » Wed May 16, 2018 9:53 am

sol-lude wrote:woaw some nice updates I might need to sign up to Honda Karma and have a full nosey.
Car looks great I need a rocket to get my backside in gear before I lose this summer for doing work to the lude. Might get the subframe removed and get things ready for being shot blasted and remove the rest of the engine bay things.

got a week off next month so should get plenty done around the car and the house.
Thanks. I absolutely love my Prelude. If you go through my Honda Karma progress, you'll see I keep changing my mind about things, but I know how you feel about needing something to get my going. I had the 2WS conversion items as well as the full polybush kit for a fair amount of time before I even got started. Glad it's finally done. I think I'm going to leave her as is mechanically for now (and only fix things that break) and then look into possible upgrades after she's been on her first track day.

As I'm probably going to be taking her to more shows and on road trips, I might look into getting a new double DIN stereo (AGAIN :lol: :lol: ), and possibly into getting the aircon working (she's an oven with a black roof, no sunroof and no roof lining).

uberNoobZA

Post by uberNoobZA » Wed May 16, 2018 10:53 pm

I did the EGR blank this evening.

Thanks to an earlier tip, I was able to reach the 2 nuts (one was size 12 and the other was size 13, strangely. I guess a previous owner had this off before, and lost the original size 12 nut)

The nuts came off pretty easily, and off popped the EGR, which looks like this

I replaced the original gasket with the new one that came with the blanking plate, and then put the plate in place

And on goes the EGR

Getting my chubby fingers in there to replace the nuts was tricky, so to make it easy, I taped the socket onto the socket extension and then taped the nut inside the socket, as below and both nuts went on easily without me dropping them inside the engine bay

So far no more CEL anymore :D

uberNoobZA

Post by uberNoobZA » Wed May 16, 2018 11:05 pm

Forgot to mention.... when running the engine after the EGR blank to check it was't leaking, I noticed that there seems to be exhaust blowing from what sounds like the manifold :cry:

mart609
LotM Winner
XBOX GamerTag: mart609
PSN GamerTag: mart609

Post by mart609 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:46 am

8-)

sol-lude
PSN GamerTag: Lude_666

Post by sol-lude » Thu May 17, 2018 10:30 am

again great work. I was planning on getting this done on the ATR at some point soon.

uberNoobZA

Post by uberNoobZA » Thu May 17, 2018 10:33 am

sol-lude wrote:again great work. I was planning on getting this done on the ATR at some point soon.
Ta. Once I wasn't worried about dropping bits in the engine bay, it was actually really easy to get the EGR off. Total job was about 20 minutes (with me going slowly)

If your ATR has the same EGR valve as my Prelude, I have a spare blanking kit, which you're welcome to.

uberNoobZA

Post by uberNoobZA » Thu May 17, 2018 2:45 pm

Good news (ish). It's not my manifold that's blowing. Instead, it's the 'mesh section' just past the lambda sensor. This is either rusted through or damaged and blowing. Should be a simple job to replace, as long as I can get the well rusted bolts to disengage from the mid section and manifold. May need a new lambda sensor though (unless I'm lucky enough to get it out without damaging it).

As the car is now on the road, and will be in use more than before, I've decided I'm gonna go back to having a double DIN stereo (fourth stereo so far I've had in her....). Wanted satnav built in as well, so best option to get this on a limited budget, was to go for an Android unit. I had one such unit in her a little while back, but this time I've gone for a higher powered one with more RAM - - I should be getting her tomorrow / Saturday and will hopefully get her fitted on Saturday afternoon

Merlin
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: Merlinbadman

Post by Merlin » Thu May 17, 2018 3:09 pm

If you get a blanking plate for the EGR you can remove the heavy part of the EGR and just leave the light plastic bit. http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/post296 ... GR#p296228

But I think there is still a cleaner way to do it, I am sure Nafeman did something to his.
BA8......... BB4......... BB8.........The JDM Muscle Bus

uberNoobZA

Post by uberNoobZA » Thu May 17, 2018 3:24 pm

Merlin wrote:If you get a blanking plate for the EGR you can remove the heavy part of the EGR and just leave the light plastic bit. http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/post296 ... GR#p296228

But I think there is still a cleaner way to do it, I am sure Nafeman did something to his.
Oooooo - nice one. I'll remember that when I next take her through a weight loss program :-)

Return to “Lude Profiles”