Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Sol-Lude's Build

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:40 pm

That's quite the balancing act! :lol:

I have to assume that's not where the stands are going to be positioned when you're working under the car?...

Put the slabs directly under the jacking points, and jack the car up off of the rear tow hook to get your stands under them. Do the same for the front. Then once you've got a wider broken suspension look you can jack the car up gradually using the lower control arms in order to give you a bit of extra height.

Oh, by the way, the H22a5 isn't the ATR lump. That's the 5th gen lude's 185bhp motor.
Last edited by NafemanNathan on Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Drax
My Generation: 4G

Post by Drax » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:41 pm

why do you want to move it around?
if for some reason you need to, do you need to move her just backwards and forwards or any direction?

i would personally get some cheap/free steely's with tyres and place her on them
2.2 JDM DOHC SI-VTEC LSD TCS 4WS ABS BB1 MANUAL 1992
FOR PAUL

sol-lude
PSN GamerTag: Lude_666

Re: Sol-Lude's Build

Post by sol-lude » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:24 pm

NafemanNathan wrote:Oh, by the way, the H22a5 isn't the ATR lump. That's the 5th gen lude's 185bhp motor.
apologies its the A7 haha god knows why I typed that...yeah where it is sitting just now its actually very very secure :lol:

Jacking points are somewhat questionable, although I am replacing the sills.
Drax wrote:why do you want to move it around?
if for some reason you need to, do you need to move her just backwards and forwards or any direction?

i would personally get some cheap/free steely's with tyres and place her on them
Im looking to have the section outside the garage slabbed making the whole section level so that working on cars will be easier and safer overall. Im going to be under the car a lot whilst I strip back the underside and underseal the whole thing.

That picture is old there is no suspension on the front or back so this is why I cant just pop the wheels on and roll back temp.

sol-lude
PSN GamerTag: Lude_666

Re: Sol-Lude's Build

Post by sol-lude » Mon May 28, 2018 3:03 pm

Afternoon all,

Well following the purchase of the BB4 the ATR is now off the road and being stripped down my plan was to use these hubs instead of 5th gen hubs. I'm going on the assumption that the fronts should be a case of new bearing and hub should fit as the shafts are only a couple mm difference and I'll be using lude shafts anyway also the splines are the same.
Now had a play and the rear BB1 hubs it the ATR no problem however the ATR rears are a few mm bigger. Now my question is are the 5th gen rear hubs the same depth at the 4th gens? ImageImage

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Return to “Lude Profiles”