Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Greg-Sir's '95 Bb4 Jdm Si-Vtec Whitey,Doors & Cel 13

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
Greg-SiR
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 4G

Re: Greg-Sir's '95 Bb4 Jdm Si-Vtec Whitey,Doors & Cel 13

Post by Greg-SiR » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:13 pm

7 months later not much a do but got some nice clean doors as mine were always the ugly part of the car and most neglected,only the passengers done so far as always a small to medium job runs twice the time to complete but success isn't always easy but does come now and then :lol:
Thing i struggle most with is time and some knowledge cough*^*,anywaysers some pics

The job lot,came from a club owner who had just got them painted them few months prior to write off accident

Passenger side

Bad grazes from whatever the previous owner got upto :idea: i put up with them for a good near 3 yrs in this condition.

Had to run with original loom as the doors were off an Oz spec model so no reclining mirrors and control box on the door

Difference in the mirror plugs

Got it all done in about 2 hours after some aligning the mount bolts all was good then realised to put the wind deflectors on the door in order to get them off the old door the window needed to be down a bit so managed to run the doors aside and replug in the switch to get it down enough :lol:

Seriously those little screws that hold in the wind shield at the window top cost me a near hour on their own! i gave up on one,so fragile!

Finished and very happy

Drivers is next,left it for second as i use key entry so bit more involved there for the swap with locks but yes it's the worse one with dings and bangs.

And finally got the cel code and it's 13 = barometric pressure sensor
Anyone had this before?i see most other Honda model owners seem to go with a whole Ecu swap.
I can never really notice anything up with the car even with the cel light on,mapping?
95 Lighty Bb4

92 Bb2/4 Si Vtec daily slogger

vanzep
Supporter 2016

Post by vanzep » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:15 pm

nice work Greg - doors look miles better :) you were really lucky to find a set ready painted 8-)
ive swapped the passenger door over on my BB4(not the easiest of jobs) but need to do the passenger door on the BB1which has 3 or 4 dents right on the door crease
dings in 4th gen doors are really noticeable imo and ruin the look of the car but unfortunately there are a lot of other people out there who are more than happy to put a dent in them and drive off without leaving a note :twisted:

dont know much about the code 13 your getting - could it be something to do with the sensor that sits low down in front of the air con rad in the middle of front grille?
1996-2000 1993 EG9 Blue Civic 1.6 Vti - Traded in against the BB4
2000-2019 1994 2WS BB4 Milano Red JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD

2015 on > 1991 4WS BB1 Phantom Pearl Grey JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD
2021 ON > 1998 2WS BB6 White Pearl JDM Prelude Si VTEC

Greg-SiR
Supporter 2016

Post by Greg-SiR » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:04 am

Hi vanzep yeah i did well,they were around for a while For like $300 and bagged a bargain at just half that,the window motor in my drivers one has been starting to slow down abit so good to have that swapped and not on the fail list.

I did it on my own and the pita was the lining up and not to scratch the paint as it tucks in behind the front wing on opening,it's so easy to do,fecking weight of them!
4 hands would have been a treat there.

The Cel seems common on Honda models around the gen,mild research has showed it's a dodge on the Ecu's side and most have just swapped it with the same and moved on but if it was just a sensor upfront i would be very with that :lol:
95 Lighty Bb4

JEBB4
Supporter 2014
My Generation: 5G

Post by JEBB4 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:25 am

Doors look good :)

On the cel, there's a sensor in the front bumper grill right in the middle, I'm not sure if this is barometric pressure or external air temp sensor but maybe just try removing it and checking the continuity of it with a multi meter, compare the resistance to what the manual says it should be or if it's an open circuit you know it's faulty.. hope that helps bud
:)
Jamie P 2013 wrote:i like tits :D
My BB6 build
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=54187

My BB2 build (yang)(WRITTEN OFF AND SOLD)
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=18866

My BB4 build (yin) (SOLD TO DRAX)
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12087&hilit=JEBB4+ ... ty#p203321

Greg-SiR
Supporter 2016

Post by Greg-SiR » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:53 pm

JEBB4 wrote:Doors look good :)

On the cel, there's a sensor in the front bumper grill right in the middle, I'm not sure if this is barometric pressure or external air temp sensor but maybe just try removing it and checking the continuity of it with a multi meter, compare the resistance to what the manual says it should be or if it's an open circuit you know it's faulty.. hope that helps bud
:)
Thanks mate i will check it out,apologies on the delays getting back,it always comes on straight away,once or twice it stayed off for like a second and i was ohhh and then nah back on,knowing nothing is up with the motor just let put it aside in the not so important things to do!
95 Lighty Bb4

Return to “Lude Profiles”