Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Greg-Sir's '95 Bb4 Jdm Si-Vtec Whitey,Doors & Cel 13

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
vanzep
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 4G

Post by vanzep » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:32 pm

cf bonnets can be a hassle :lol:
looks like youve got a good fit on your one ;)
hows the car drive with the new clutch and flywheel combo? be interesting to hear what your first impressions are :)
1996-2000 1993 EG9 Blue Civic 1.6 Vti - Traded in against the BB4
2000-2019 1994 2WS BB4 Milano Red JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD

2015 on > 1991 4WS BB1 Phantom Pearl Grey JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD
2021 ON > 1998 2WS BB6 White Pearl JDM Prelude Si VTEC

Greg-SiR
Supporter 2016

Re: Greg-Sir's '95 Bb4 Lighty Clutch Time

Post by Greg-SiR » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:36 pm

@vanzep lots of time spent on that hood to get it right and not just the hinges the catch mechanism omg another one of those 30 minute job expectations that rolls on for 2 days give or take :lol:

Would have been easier without the drivers side sporting a little rise from a road rage incident that resulted in the car taking on a bull bar through drivers headlight and smash panel getting a crease but thats another story!

Love the clutch and flywheel it's like a new car,i can feel so much more through the wheel and pedals even just on a normal drive,saying that i want to stiffen the engine mounts up next as it is giving a bit more movement than before and a slight increase on engine/drivetrain vibration which will increase upon stiffening anyway which doesn't bother me but it just makes for a better drive and then under load it's so much more fun.

Still getting used to it and have only driven it 3 times since it got done, i also got a new Vss installed at the same time so no more popping out there,i can rev right through now carefree 8-)
95 Lighty Bb4

92 Bb2/4 Si Vtec daily slogger

Greg-SiR
Supporter 2016

Re: Greg-Sir's '95 Bb4 Lighty Clutch Time

Post by Greg-SiR » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:12 pm

wurlycorner wrote:Good stuff 8-)
Love how that exhaust has been across the world at least twice :lol:
@NafemanNathan feels your pain on the fake Aerocatches...
Most parts i acquire have a story,the Irish way i suppose or just a bit of a Delboy :lol:

Never ever buy copy hood hinges,pain is on the way people i'm sort of happy mine died before the hood even made it back on to car,instant :facepalm:

Haven't looked back since,premium quality the Aerocatch.
95 Lighty Bb4

Greg-SiR
Supporter 2016

Re: Greg-Sir's '95 Bb4 Brakes and Aches!

Post by Greg-SiR » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:01 pm

Small update

Old clutch with one of the springs able to be pushed out completely from the housing.

Do the pads i thought on Saturday and whilst there the dustguards that always annoyed me

Always thought there was 'plenty of meat' still on them judging from the outer but the inners were well done

As all jobs i undertake one will lead to another soooo i noticed the left sides was extremely hot upon a quick test drive after fitting whilst drivers side was cold,i took it all off again and the caliper piston doesn't seem to be moving after applying the brakes so it is just holding the pads up to the disc and creating the friction but not enough to squeal and thats making the heat.

With the car jacked i can rotate the wheel no bother with the weight helping but with the wheel off i could feel the slight resistance there.

I applied the brakes while the caliper was off 2-3 times and the piston never budged.
Seals and piston all seem in good condition just needing a good clean,i was contemplating to just swap in a new unit but any input to what's needed to get it back to working condition fella's?

I also bled the caliper but nothing brought back movement.

On a better note it took me 2 yrs to read the headunits manual online and figure out how to Bluetooth connect my ph,it took less than 5 minutes !

So lazy sometimes :lol:

Streamers delight..
95 Lighty Bb4

mercutio
LotM Winner
My Generation: 5G

Post by mercutio » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:26 pm

nice wheels 8-) :lol:
bristol_bb4 wrote:ahhh a 5th gen, i love 5th gens :D :lol:
Dino wrote:I loves the 5th gen really.... just dont quote me on it... ;)
4thgenphil wrote:Mines 4 1/4 unches mate, sorry

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... -t618.html

lewie fraser

Post by lewie fraser » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:14 pm

looking awesome man! the cars in Australia are so clean underneath compared to the ones in the uk :cry:
I hope your still showing your silver one some love aswell :lol:

Greg-SiR
Supporter 2016

Post by Greg-SiR » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:04 am

lewie fraser wrote:looking awesome man! the cars in Australia are so clean underneath compared to the ones in the uk :cry:
I hope your still showing your silver one some love aswell :lol:

I don't miss the pressure washing days from back home thats for sure!
Most of the dirt it sees is in the form of dust but even after a month of that its bathtime.
It has some wounds,little bits of rust,worse is just at the boot lock catch area that will need doing pretty soon and just at the door sill drivers side,no escaping it ;)

Silver is pretty much good to go,i hope to get it roadworthied by end of this month,better do it soon as i have to stop stealing parts off it :lol:
95 Lighty Bb4

Greg-SiR
Supporter 2016

Post by Greg-SiR » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:26 pm

Guilty as charged,original bracket on the Right,i couldn't budge the bottom reclining piece it was totally seized,i had a spare at hand so an easy swap over and all is good now,did a HUGE bleed on all calipers and new brake fluid and all is good now,no crazy heat transfer.

Stolen from Lude 2 undamaged switch/handle surrounds,always hated mine with the cracks on both.

Lude 2's didn't have the window switch illumination but it was an easy swap.

Also picked up a rear bumper for doing a transit errand for another club's member,much better condition than mine which i was going to get painted soon anyway,this one saw fresh paint just over 6 months ago but has been exposed to the elements so a bit more than just a wash.

It came with another near full Accord lip and white flappies which i will test out as i'm still not sold on them but good chance to test them out.

Closer to the cars colour too as the original has gone pinkish and i don't think it got any new paint a few years back when the rest of the car did 8-)

Also has the Black bottom strip which mine doesn't,kinda like that on there too.
95 Lighty Bb4

Greg-SiR
Supporter 2016

Post by Greg-SiR » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:58 pm

The fronts were jealous so with some Paypal balance accumulated nicely it was time i matched the rears off

Bonus with the Advans is they show off any goodies hiding behind.

Yet to fully bed them in but so far impressed.

Next biggish job is lowering springs,just waiting on a coil spring compressor which i have tried borrow but looks like i'm buying one.

Been messing about with some Yellow fog bulbs,these are light and rather than being full on in your face they give an nice Yellow glow on the road.
Bit of a change from the clears.

95 Lighty Bb4

Greg-SiR
Supporter 2016

Re: Greg-Sir's '95 Bb4 Jdm Si-Vtec Lighty Whitey

Post by Greg-SiR » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:18 pm

So the time came to pickup the Jun headers after 2 or so months piggy banking and i got sent a pic on Thursday and was all happy until i saw the 2-1 section after it's repair on Friday when collecting,can anyone spot the problem?

Tried some Autosol on a rag to bring up the finish but it didn't make a whole lot of difference,just useage having it's effect i suppose,bit like myself :lol:
95 Lighty Bb4

Return to “Lude Profiles”