Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Phantom Prelude Project+Story - Frankenstein H23C and 2020 prep

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
TheHondaTuner
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: TheHondaTuner

Phantom Prelude Project+Story - Frankenstein H23C and 2020 prep

Post by TheHondaTuner » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:47 pm

I love to read build Threads.

Especially if they are about 90's Jap Sportscars, and even more if its a Honda Coupe.
So i guess a lot of you guys like to read them aswell, and even though i just checked 2 or 3 Threads here iam really happy to see other people caring for there cars and that are still a few Preludes in good condition left!
Although i have to mention it scares me to see how many get broken aswell, but i assume you've had much more Ludes when they were new as we have had here in Germany. Unfortunatly i see like one new Prelude in 2 or 3 years!

On this post i will tell something about me aswell as introduction but then i keep the updates simple and hope to put some info in wich could be useful for other Hondaboys!

Before i scare someone with to much talking Ill let a photo speak now!

Heres my Phantom Grey baby !

a few days after i got her, cleaned and with loaned wheels from a fried, wich actually matched the car pretty nicely

I got her really cheap, (compared to UK prices maybe not that cheap) after i sold my fully rebuild, modified and loved CRX EE8 VT, wich is the car id call my dreamcar, next to a Diablo ;) The Prelude was just 1/4 of the money i got for the CRX.
Even though i had to buy it without testdrive i decided to buy it as it looked great, a Prelude without previous accident/crash is hard to find, especially if its a VTEC (yo!) Other + point was that i made the previous owner get it thru TÜV, the german MOT. When i drove home the car driving experience was far from pleasure... 160kph was the max i could do without crossing both lanes! the 4ws was working in low-speed modus only, it was steering randomly and the straight wasnt straight. I later figured out that some douchebag messed everything related to teh steering up. literally everything what was possible, probably because of the only problem the 4ws hat (wich he didnt find! hah..) the 4ws ECU had broken off relays.. I guess thats the only Problem these systems have but people tend to drokk things up and then give it a bad name^^

However, even thogh the power wasnt really satisfiying aswell, it was ok at least, and as the compression test said exactly 15.0 on every single cylinder so i was happy with that for now.
Unlike my previous car i drove it almost a session without diong anything mayor to it, exept fixing 4WS and caster.
All previous cars i owned and wanted to keep, got fully stripped, cleaned and fixed before i registered them.
So this Lude lacks of love right now :( Its dirty and the timing belt seems to skip a few teeth 2 weeks ago. Wich downgrades the feeling badly, even i istalled a new D2 racing coilovers some days earlier.
But soon the time has come! at least the engine get its needed love the next days when all parts finally arrived.

Parts. A reason why i write this here. As the german Honda scene is small and good people get more rare while retards flood the forums i hoped to find some Lude activity overseas. Actually i thought USA is the only place where peopel do anything om these cars still..
But thanks to youtube and "smokehoes" i found out that jap scene in UK seems to be huge.(makes sense, #RHDlfie :D) So however i thought shopping inside EU (well its not EU anymore i guess XD) is a better idea..
And so i asked for some stuff and also advice here. ive written with a few nice people wich also sold me parts for a fair price I could afford even as poor (longtime ^^) student :D Thanks to you guys!

So where was I? Ah right. Why a prelude? Ive had a few Hondas till now. Why Honda?! Its pretty unsual as a german. Everyone drives VW, AUdi, BMW and even more VW. God.., i hate these VWs and also most owners so much.. xD
When i was ~10 i played to much NFS Undergound i guess. I loved it. The Tuning, racing the music and lifestyle. So when i became 13 i thought about that i want a car. Wich car? It should be fast, and a real sportscar ofcorse. I was really afine to japanese cars to that point already, obviusly caused by Gran Turismo when i was ~8-10 :D So i looked on the internet, my fav car was the Lamborghini Diablo. I dont like any other super cars to be honest. But (damned, im nto sure if its a good or a bad thing but maybe i played to much computergames as kid!) Iam in love with it since "Lamborghini American Challange" DOS game my grandpa showed me when i was really little. Pixeled perfection!

Now ive wrote so much, and only 50% of the pictures contain Hondas, shame on me :lol:
So .... when i looked for cars i noticed i dont have any money. And somehow i found out that a CRX is ridiculess cheap, 500€ in useable condition from first owner.. So much announcements.. However my dad bought a really crappy ED9 when i was 14 and told me how to work on cars. When i was 18 i had my third ED9 already, i fully rebuild it..

But after a half year driving i know this is my dreamcar, si i sold it and took everypenny i had for a VTEC CRX.

Wich i modded and also rebuilt.
In every second of the 3 years i owned this car I loved it. It was always pleasuring to drive and even with mean conditions it had to take (Limiter every single day, but when engine was cold it never seen more then 2500rpm and fresh oil all 5000km)
never had any meantionsworth issue! it had 400.000kilometers! First engine..

As Winter cars i had serval Civic, EG8 Sedan US, Ek3 Sedan, Ek3 Hatch, Accord CG9(because a friend hat an ATR and it was a blast) and once a red BB1 from an old man, but it only looked good, the rust was painted but not removed. And some hero checked a plugspark without tightening again.. It didnt surve the Autobahn, melted and killed the cylinder. It took huge loads of oil since then -__- what a waste! Such a nice car..

And later i had an ITR. Damn that thing was a blast! Ive never experinced such a grip level before. Cornerring speed was out of this world. I never met another car wich could keep up with me on curvy roads.

But due lack of money and badluck I had to sell a car. I decided to keep my beloved CRX. But after taking it out i was dissapointed. It felt not close as competetive as the ITR, even though the handling was great also. (But the CRX is tricky, it bites you when you dont care..) Then my windscreen got killed by a stone on the Autobahn. Summer was over, TÜV ended 1 month later and i had zero money. It maybe was a fault to sell it, but i thought this is the time. So I sold the car wich felt like i had a relationship with, lol.

I got the Astra 1.4 with strong 60hp from my granddad, it was fun because i abused it. What ive never did with my Hondas as i get really mad by any new chip on the paint how small it even was..

So after two month the Opel pissed me off and i was looking on the internet for any vehicles. Howver i decided that the fastest car i can afford is a fulyl built prelude. Its wider and lower then the Integra, and its 600ccm more then the CRX, the 200ccm differance to Integra was HUGE. I i thought if i make a Type R out of a Prelude, or even better ... it would be the most badass FWD car on the planet!

So here iam. Holidays started and so hopefully the preldue rebuild and modification chapter can beginn! Also a good friends Accord is a new project in Progress wich u might see sometime again in my Thread

Did:

D2 Racing coilovers
7X17 ET 35 Wheels with 215 40 Federal RSR
OEM Header outlet 2,5"
Selfmade 2,5" midpipe decat
TSS Exhaust

Next Plans:

ATR Head milled to 11:1
Valvejob, new sealings everywhere
New Belts
Manual Tensioner Kit
ATR Intakemanifold (fully polished)
Skunk2 70mm TB
72mm Airhose to Airbox
AEM ECU
Airbox cold Air Mod with K&N
Restauration!
Soundsystem (invisible but powerful)
Light upgrade, new bulps and foglights

Further Plans:

ATR LSD Gearbox with long 5th from BB2 (270kmh @ 8000rpm)
New Rims 8x17
New Tires 225 45
Renewing suspension Stuff
Enginebay cleaning and some optical stuff there
Facelift Interior

Plans i have but cant afford :mrgreen:

ATR Recaro
Better exhaust
Crower Stage 3 cams
K20 IM
Reverse Head

I Hope a few guys liked my detailed "memoirs" writedown here :? I hope my english is not that bad
Maybe some of you will visit Reisbrennen next week?
Last edited by TheHondaTuner on Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ED9->ED9->ED9->EE8->EG8 DX->EK3->BB1->CG9->DC2->Astra F->EK3->BB1

mercutio
LotM Winner
My Generation: 5G

Post by mercutio » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:55 pm

your English is fine buddy enjoyed the read 8-)
bristol_bb4 wrote:ahhh a 5th gen, i love 5th gens :D :lol:
Dino wrote:I loves the 5th gen really.... just dont quote me on it... ;)
4thgenphil wrote:Mines 4 1/4 unches mate, sorry

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... -t618.html

bennyboy
Art Mechanic
PSN GamerTag: OCbennyboy

Post by bennyboy » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:00 am

Nice lude, and the best colour. :D ;)
UKDM BB1 H22A8 NH561P 244bhp 173lbft

'Nigella'

www.benaskem.co.uk

ek9sid
Supporter 2015
My Generation: 5G

Post by ek9sid » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:44 am

Fantastic write up. Please keep us updated with your progress :-)

Drax

Post by Drax » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:39 am

excellent little write up bud, your English is better than most of ours dont worry :D

i think @Jack has some cheap ATR Recaro's for sale if your interested?
2.2 JDM DOHC SI-VTEC LSD TCS 4WS ABS BB1 MANUAL 1992
FOR PAUL

lewie fraser

Post by lewie fraser » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:01 am

some really nice Hondas you have had there.great to read all about it aswell mate
I ll be looking forward to your updates on this.I own a crx ed9 and a bb4 prelude and I just cant part with any of them :lol:

vanzep
Supporter 2016

Post by vanzep » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:29 pm

thanks for posting - phantom grey ludes are the biz 8-)
look forward to seeing what progress you make with it
1996-2000 1993 EG9 Blue Civic 1.6 Vti - Traded in against the BB4
2000-2019 1994 2WS BB4 Milano Red JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD

2015 on > 1991 4WS BB1 Phantom Pearl Grey JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD
2021 ON > 1998 2WS BB6 White Pearl JDM Prelude Si VTEC

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:00 pm

Reverse head - would be good to read someone on here do that!

Rex looks in great nick 8-)

TheHondaTuner

Re: Phantom Prelude Project+Story from Germany

Post by TheHondaTuner » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:54 pm

Thanks for the kind comments!

I'd prefer red or silver, but the Phantom Grey is not too bad. Also i really like the name :lol:
If I had the money id keep them all^^

If the Recaros are 100 shipped we have a deal xD Iam to low on money, and with low i mean there is none left^^

Also the reverse Head is something id really like to do, but its not realistic the next 2 years at least :/

Right now the headswap is in progress. The PDE head is almost ready, expect it gets milled tomorrow and iam still waiting for headgasket :cry:

Cover is painted and head got a full polish

I hope there wont be any complications. I want to run 1000 kilometers on Friday :? 8-)

TheHondaTuner

Re: Phantom Prelude Project+Story from Germany

Post by TheHondaTuner » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:48 am

Finally, decades later. It is running. Serval issues. But its running

How is the power? What do you think?

I think its not close to the 210-220hp goal. With stock ECU its slow as ****

Heres a Video, check the video description for the Setup info!

Return to “Lude Profiles”