Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Laners Lude

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
laner84
My Generation: 4G
XBOX GamerTag: LENNY B 84

Re: My new lude

Post by laner84 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:48 pm

right not really much of an update , the mot has now run out so i'll actually have to stop playing (driving) and leave it off the road to get on with it!! horrid and skittish when overtaking hitting the cats eyes so suspect the upper wishbone ball joint as its very familar to a problem on my aerodeck , so first things first front suspension strip down both sides .. i will post up as i progress and let you all know what ive found ... :)

laner84

Post by laner84 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:32 am

Sorry ive not updated in a while lots done since ive had it off the road!
So as i said previously the mot ran out so used this as an excuse to take her right off the road and poke about, the first thing i found was some rusty sills to which i addressed by cutting out all the bad bits ajd welding in some new metal then protecting with good old underseal with waxoil, then sorted tue rear brakes new pads and a rebuild on the o/s rear caliper saw that one sorted, i gave her a really good deep clean and put her through mot and she failed on a few minor bits id missed so got those sorted and got a fresh ticket with only one advisory (not bad for a 22 year old uk car) since then ive been driving her around without hiccup and have been dressing up the engine bay ajd have now fitted side skirt extensions, a new front lip, de tangoed the rear lights and have just sourced some 1 piece black headlights, ill update again with some pictures asap. All in all since my last post ive been rather busy with the lude ive still got plenty i want to do but i feel im going in the right direction :)

laner84

Post by laner84 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:54 am

sol-lude
PSN GamerTag: Lude_666

Post by sol-lude » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:29 am

Woaw looking absolutely amazing think I'm going to detango mine it looks much cleaner on a silver lude

laner84

Post by laner84 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:12 pm

sol-lude wrote:Woaw looking absolutely amazing think I'm going to detango mine it looks much cleaner on a silver lude
Thankyou its been hard work with the welding ect plenty of tears and lots of blood and tool throwing every rusty bolt ive undone ive replaced with new so far obviously as i replace or refurb parts I'll keep that going until most bolts wont be rusty any more, fpr a uk car i was quite surprised how clean it is... I plan on chasing that lude of the month vote at some point lol, need to find an. Exhaust system next that isnt so loud!

JEBB4
Supporter 2014
My Generation: 5G

Post by JEBB4 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:53 am

Hey good work there 8-)

I've always wondered how to de tango the rear lights, where did you get the all clear lenses from mate?
Jamie P 2013 wrote:i like tits :D
My BB6 build
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=54187

My BB2 build (yang)(WRITTEN OFF AND SOLD)
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=18866

My BB4 build (yin) (SOLD TO DRAX)
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12087&hilit=JEBB4+ ... ty#p203321

Rudelude
My Generation: 5G

Post by Rudelude » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:46 am

Great job on the car so far, looking like it will be a very clean example, "de tango :D "... makes it so freeeesg :idea: :D
1997 Type S, Pearl White
Rust Free & Mugen Goodness

laner84

Post by laner84 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:58 pm

@JEBB4 it was just clear fluorescent tube light diffusers i managed to get then lots or careful cutting with the dremel slow and steady but happy with the look, i do now have a spare set i could make another pair with though if interested ;),
Anyways guys not really much of an update still trying to source a bloody exhaust as my ears are bleeding and almost embarrassed to drive her... Ive now painted the front lip to match the car and it looks much better, ive also done the front brakes as they were shot and had different pads in them... (useless previous owner) npw had vented blueprint discs and delphi pads as this setup worked lovely on my old bb4

laner84

Post by laner84 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:15 pm

Quick update, i had to do a repair on the front bumper as someone bumped it and kindly drove off but it looks ok now, i have a few dressup parts under the bonnet and also some nice 8mm purple silicone leads ive now recieved a stainless header and downpipe imported from the usa and also bought some vs1 sideskirts from Ash.z not much of an update really but felt i had to write something as ive not updated for a while, pics will follow once ive installed the skirts and exhaust, still need a new rear silencer and a high flow cat but shes getting there slowly.

Drax

Post by Drax » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:32 pm

Get pics up of any parts you fit 8-)
2.2 JDM DOHC SI-VTEC LSD TCS 4WS ABS BB1 MANUAL 1992
FOR PAUL

Return to “Lude Profiles”