Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

My blue 5th gen bb8

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
James 5th gen
My Generation: 5G

My blue 5th gen bb8

Post by James 5th gen » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:14 pm

Hello everyone,

I've been on the forums for about half a year now but I've not even mentioned anything about what I've been doing to anyone on here. so basically let me start by saying that i wanted an older honda for a while, even before i started to drive. my first 2 cars have been Volkswagens but i eventually came across a prelude for sale and couldn't help but buy it for a sweet £750 :D

another reason for buying the lude was so i could actually get "in to cars". unfortunately the car isn't on the road yet as i'm waiting for my current insurance to run out. (insurance for a 21 year old is a bitch), but this means ive got time to work on it so as my insurance is due in about 2 months i need to pull my finger out.

anyway, time to tell you about the build itself,

so far ive basically just been ordering parts, i have stainless braided brake lines, new oil and a filter, discs and pads all round, a mugen spoiler, freshly powdered alloys, floor mats, wind deflectors, bonnet dampers/hydraulics (whatever they are), and finally some juicy bits like an air intake and stainless exhaust.

now out of that list of parts, ive only fitted the bonnet dampers, the intake and exhaust. obviously i would install the cool/easy parts first lol.

if it works I'm going to try and put up some pictures below, and also if anyone is interested in watching attempt to actually work on the car I've started to do some videos, here's a link to me installing the exhaust with my brother

thusee
XBOX GamerTag: DA2NV
PSN GamerTag: IDRVSLW

Post by thusee » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:17 am

:D nice!

simonc
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 4G

Post by simonc » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:00 am

Wowza. ;) . That's a gorgeous looking car, James. That blue makes her look menacingly elegant. Good for you. :D
'Mr Bridger, will drive them, into the sea...'

James 5th gen

Re: My blue 5th gen bb8

Post by James 5th gen » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:56 pm

Quick update on my lude, but just to let you know, in the next month it will look like a completely transformed car.
I have a lot planned :D

Anyway, today I swapped over my very bad condition steering wheel to a civic type s wheel. I've left the cruise control off for now but I might add it to the wheel later down the road. The wheel only cost me £60 from eBay with postage and is in amazing condition.

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:06 pm

Well done for posting up a profile James.
New steering wheel looks smart and a lot smaller than the original?

Don't know of anyone else on here that has fitted that particular wheel or has a gold rocker cover, either.

James 5th gen

Post by James 5th gen » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:15 am

wurlycorner wrote:Well done for posting up a profile James.
New steering wheel looks smart and a lot smaller than the original?

Don't know of anyone else on here that has fitted that particular wheel or has a gold rocker cover, either.
Thanks :D I believe the wheel is about 350mm diameter but it dosent really feel smaller. I am in love with it though. I actually filmed me and mate installing it too so I might post that up on here once it's edited

Rudelude

Post by Rudelude » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:16 am

Great work,
New wheel looks awesome ;)
1997 Type S, Pearl White
Rust Free & Mugen Goodness

James 5th gen

Post by James 5th gen » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:56 pm

Okay guys, this is going to be a big post.
if it wasn't for photo bucket you guys would of had an update sooner, but here we are doing about 3 updates at once :D
enjoy

so i'm going to start off with some pictures of body damage. i had the "classic" rear arches go, door dings for days, scratches, stone chips and even some damage from the guy who done my head gasket and cam belt (bonnet corner).
I've also thrown in a picture of cebul's arches being test fitted

so now is the expensive bit.
i had the whole car resprayed, every single dent pulled or filled, my spoiler painted, and most importantly i had the arches done. i would also like to mention the rust has been guaranteed by the company that did the job.
note: these pictures were taken on the first week, they had the car for 3 weeks.

now for the sexy part.
when i got the car back i finally put those alloys on, wind deflectors, nice new mats and obviously gold honda dust caps.

i did have some problems with my wheels so i quickly changed over to some rotas. i thought they were buckled but it turns out the center bore was a touch too small.
i didn't realise till i got the rotas, so i was a bit annoyed of the price difference on new alloys vs spacers which would of done the job. (if anyone wants the alloys let me know)

okay i believe that's everything so far, i'm still on the hunt for a few parts, and i still have a lower suspension to be swapped over. thanks guys :D

RattyMcClelland
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Post by RattyMcClelland » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:32 am

A lip kit would certainly finish that off.
Anymore bodywork pictures?

sol-lude
PSN GamerTag: Lude_666

Post by sol-lude » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:45 am

That is very very nice well done on the arch fix

Return to “Lude Profiles”