Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Turbo 5th Gen boost by gear diving into the unkown

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
louckie
My Generation: 5G
XBOX GamerTag: louckie

BB8 VTI H22A7 TD04LH19T boost loading 19/4/20

Post by louckie » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:51 pm

Vtecmec wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:46 pm
If you need a base map, I have a pretty good one setup for 560cc evo injectors.
That would be perfect dude

louckie

BB8 VTI H22A7 TD04LH19T boost loading 19/4/20

Post by louckie » Fri May 01, 2020 11:55 am

Another update for you guys

Got the S300 running in the picture theres a black transisotr had the soildering had failed got that tempory patched up. I recently spoke to a gent local to be about my setup and hes was worried that i wasnt going to run a boost controller. The turbo i have gone for is 100% on the small side. i didnt want a GT30 for 7 psi

so i have now ordered the components to pwm my s300 to run boost by gear because the turbo is on the small sided it spools up unbelieveably quick and if i didnt control the boost at low rpm im sure id very very quickly develop a knock

i know the H22 flows realy well so theres a lot of unknowns here so if you want to hedge your bets on figures ?

you guys also know i rhubarb my wings ...... yeah i drokked up but after some messuring hopefully the ek cut out below will work !!! pray for me

drop some guesses what figures the setup will make

Scott560

Post by Scott560 » Fri May 01, 2020 1:30 pm

louckie wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 11:55 am
The turbo i have gone for is 100% on the small side. i didnt want a GT30 for 7 psi

so I have now ordered the components to pwm my s300 to run boost by gear because the turbo is on the small sided it spools up unbelieveably quick and if i didnt control the boost at low rpm im sure id very very quickly develop a knock
How much boost do you plan to run? what boost control is plumbed in at the moment? I guess the car is not yet mapped, so no way to tell how the turbo and engine are suited to each other yet?
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

louckie

Post by louckie » Fri May 01, 2020 1:48 pm

Scott560 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 1:30 pm
louckie wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 11:55 am
The turbo i have gone for is 100% on the small side. i didnt want a GT30 for 7 psi

so I have now ordered the components to pwm my s300 to run boost by gear because the turbo is on the small sided it spools up unbelieveably quick and if i didnt control the boost at low rpm im sure id very very quickly develop a knock
How much boost do you plan to run? what boost control is plumbed in at the moment? I guess the car is not yet mapped, so no way to tell how the turbo and engine are suited to each other yet?
so much unkown dude i recon 8 psi tops 300 brake ishhhh its not a built motor so need to be weary

as like you said so much unkown

the Turbo has been ported the living bum droppings out of as i know h22 turbos run HOT! but its still a small turbo moving a lot of air very quickly

Scott560

Post by Scott560 » Fri May 01, 2020 2:10 pm

If you only want to run such low boost - then usually pwm boost control wouldn't be needed.

PWM of the actuator line is there to 'raise' the controlled boost. If the turbo pressure is plumbed straight into the actuator, you will get the lowest boost possible. Straight pipe from the turbo housing to the actuator is the lowest boost (and slowest rising) boost control you can run (known as 'actuator boost')

Once you've done that and have the engine run under load on a dyno or on the road in higher gears, you will know what your actual 'actuator boost' controlled boost level is. PWM will only let you go UP from there (not down).

If you want to go down, there is only so much you can do, replace the actuator spring for a weaker one, or get a bigger turbo.

How far away from firing up are you?
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

louckie

Post by louckie » Fri May 01, 2020 6:25 pm

Scott560 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 2:10 pm
If you only want to run such low boost - then usually pwm boost control wouldn't be needed.

PWM of the actuator line is there to 'raise' the controlled boost. If the turbo pressure is plumbed straight into the actuator, you will get the lowest boost possible. Straight pipe from the turbo housing to the actuator is the lowest boost (and slowest rising) boost control you can run (known as 'actuator boost')

Once you've done that and have the engine run under load on a dyno or on the road in higher gears, you will know what your actual 'actuator boost' controlled boost level is. PWM will only let you go UP from there (not down).

If you want to go down, there is only so much you can do, replace the actuator spring for a weaker one, or get a bigger turbo.

How far away from firing up are you?
aye i know what youre saying ive purchased a 4 pound spring so gate pressure will be 4 psi,

ive started it on a base map thats all so far still waiting for part

Return to “Lude Profiles”