Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Update on the prelude_h22 5G

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
geriatrix
My Generation: 5G

Update on the prelude_h22 5G

Post by geriatrix » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:10 pm

Some of you may remember this lovely 1999 Honda Prelude 2.2 vti 5th Generation H22A8 which I bought from prelude_h22 5G back in June 2016. The build/maintenance of it was covered extensively on both PUK and here.

Well, the news is, really no news. It has behaved faultlessly, and is a total delight. The car now has a quiet life as a second car, doing very little mileage, but I do take it for a blast every now and again to make sure the Vtec works, and to blow the cobwebs away.

I haven't messed around with it, as it was a supremely well sorted example.

I added a Pure DAB head unit (bargain £40 from Halfords clearance). Don't know why as I always play my music in the car anyway and don't listen to the radio. Anyway it looks nice and plays mp3 files fine.

A new battery was fitted at the start of this winter, as due to the car not being used much, the starter needs all the volts it can get. I've tidied a couple of bits on the body, and cleaned the headlights, which was a lot easier than I had anticipated. I used Auto Car Products Headlight Restorer & Sealant Protection Cleaner Formula 1 which was cheap and really effective.

There are a couple of clonks when going over bumps which are due to the side skirts being a little loose, so I'll have a look at that some time. Apart from that it drives beautifully, and everything still works.

It had passed the MOT today and the receptionist told me the fitter had fallen in love with the car. Anyway, in honour of that I took a few pictures of it today.

I hope the previous owner, who did such meticulous work on the car is pleased that it is enjoying its gentle retirement.

crxdriver

Post by crxdriver » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:02 pm

That lude is stunning mate. Nice too see its got a good owner who is treating it as deserved.

norks27
Supporter 2016

Post by norks27 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:25 pm

Very tidy Lude, love it

nitin_s1
PSN GamerTag: N171N

Post by nitin_s1 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:51 pm

:mrgreen: nice

Sailor
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 0G

Post by Sailor » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:47 pm

Excellent. It's good to see a nice, clean bay.
International Pensioner of Mystery

prelude_h22

Post by prelude_h22 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:03 pm

Geriatrix, Its fantastic to see the old girl again.

Its still in stunning condition and pretty much the same condition from when I sold it to you.
Forgotten how clean the engine bay was :)

I really do miss it as it was a big part of my life but I am really happy it has served you well and hasn't had any issues!

Hope it continues to put a smile on your face.
Maybe we can meet up one time when the s2000 is on form for a few photos and a drink :)

Return to “Lude Profiles”