Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

5th gen crxdriver

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
crxdriver
My Generation: 5G

5th gen crxdriver

Post by crxdriver » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:33 pm

Thought it was about time i did a profile on the lude. I am really loving this car more and more.

It started its life in JDM land and my dad was the first owner in the UK in 2001. It was 100% standard when imported as i far as we knew. My dad the put a few mods on like lights and spoiler and some gay chrome bits. I cant find any early pics of the car but this is the first one i took.

My dads funeral, in this pic you can just about see one of the stick on bonnet vents which looks stupid in my opinion.

It didnt take long to remove all the chrome wipers, fake vents and to put on the standard rear lights. Much better :)

Then came the lowering and Motegi kit install.

Looking good.

All my mum and dads clothes off to charity. Took 2 trips! (mostly my mums clothes lol)

Then i decided to get some standard r badges and a red type s badge. I know not to all tastes but i like it.

Then came the auto to manual conversion. Best mod so far it so much nicer to drive. M2V5 box with ATR U2Q7 LSD, 2nd and 3rd gear.

Dials installed and mileage corrected:

Flywheel and gearbox rebuild:

Pedal installed, took a long time, measure 10 times cut once lol.

A bit of snow. Cant wait till my double garage is done. Its the first year outside for the crx and the lude. Both always had a nice garage.

My donor lude. My single garage which my other crx is in and next to it will be a double garage soon.

I still have to Finnish preparing the Motegi wheels for paint. AD08R boots to go on. Thats the outside done then really. I want to do a few engine mods and get my P28 ecu up and running and give it a tune. Thats about all i have planned currently.

Thanks for taking the time to check out my 5th gen, Dale.
Last edited by crxdriver on Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Curt
PSN GamerTag: CannonGrave

Post by Curt » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:59 pm

Great story and 5th gen Dale :)

lewd lude lover
Supporter 2015

Post by lewd lude lover » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:18 pm

Oh, there was me thinking it was going to be a nice green one and its silver... nice car either way.
6th gen Prelude please Mr Honda. RWD 2.4 turbo lude.

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:25 pm

lewd lude lover wrote:Oh, there was me thinking it was going to be a nice green one and its silver... nice car either way.
:facepalm: :lol:

Great work so far, and all in the right order! :D

Was the mileage adjustment easy to do? I can't be bothered to remove mine only to find out its a pain in the butt.

toadster

Post by toadster » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:42 pm

LO :D
Nice motor matey :D
Glad you changed the rear lights and removed the type R badge 8-)
I want to fit front fogs on my Lude they look great :mrgreen:
Toadster

crxdriver

Re: Mint 5th gen crxdriver

Post by crxdriver » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:40 pm

Nathan changing the mileage was not that hard but its not easy either. If your pretty competent with smaller fiddly stuff then give it a go. Just take your time. It took me about 30-45 mins. I took my time and followed a tutorial somewhere on the net.

Toad so are the Fogs optional extras's? They was on the lude when we got it. The drivers side has a little condensation problem so i will be sorting that out soon.

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner

Post by NafemanNathan » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:31 pm

Good to know. Any chance of finding the link again and PM'ing me the link? :D

toadster

Post by toadster » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:34 pm

LO :D
crxdriver wrote:Toad so are the Fogs optional extras's? They was on the lude when we got it. The drivers side has a little condensation problem so i will be sorting that out soon.
Yep fogs were an option you have the nicer JDM ones that fit the whole recess 8-)
The UK ones are little round units in a black suround.
Cheers ;)
Toadster

crxdriver

Re: Mint 5th gen crxdriver

Post by crxdriver » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:45 pm

Took a bit of searching through my history but found what i used. No pictures but when the cluster is in your hands it all makes more sense. Im posting here in case others need to do this.

Please note to people that this isn't common sense. This is NOT to make your car worth more by making it look like its done less miles. I only did this to match my mileage on my auto to manual cluster change.

http://www.gtrpwr.com/showthread.php?t=455

EDIT: Another note to add to the tutorial is take note the position of the speedo needle when removed. Put it back in the same position rotation wise. I also kept the cluster partly built so i could use gps to check my speedo was correct. It was a tiny bit off so i just pulled the needle off and moved the amount my speedo was off. When this was dont i put the cluster back together.

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner

Post by NafemanNathan » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:24 pm

You're a star! Thank you. Sounds much simpler than I was expecting too :)

Return to “Lude Profiles”