Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Rich's new black "lightweight" BB4

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:48 pm

I forgot to say... Directional tyre on backwards would also be an MOT fail, of course.

Yep, those pads are drokked :lol:

The proper caliper re-wind tools are also a bit of a pita on the rear calipers tbh because the thread pitch on the tool rarely/doesn't quite match the one inside the caliper - there's a 'nack' to using them without problems - but, yep, better than the cube type.

Rich
Pickle Rich
PSN GamerTag: richardofeston

New Rear Discs & Pads

Post by Rich » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:33 pm

Boring update

Did rear discs and pads yesterday:

While I was at it I figured I'd see how easy it would be to paint the calipers - so I had a quick go with the carriers:

Didn't have any brake cleaner etc so there was no doubt some residual grease & dirt, but it painted OK:

I'll wait until after MOT time to dismantle everything and paint it all properly, don't really want to fiddle with brakes until it has a fresh ticket.

Still got a bit to do before then though... front discs and pads and then replace suspension all round! Bought myself an impact driver today to hopefully make the job a bit quicker.
Last edited by Rich on Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:01 pm

Yeah, they look a lot better :)

Impact drivers save a ton of time (and rounded off heads) dismantling.

Rich
Pickle Rich
PSN GamerTag: richardofeston

Re: Rich's new black "lightweight" BB4

Post by Rich » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:34 pm

MOT day today - came around sooner than I expected :scaredtoss: Didn't really get chance to sort out all the issues I wanted to but thought I'd chance it.

Anyway, it failed (as expected really) - but wanted to see if there was anything major up with the car as I'm not the best at diagnosing problems... and it turns out there's nothing really wrong with the car other than the fact it has a de-cat pipe! (a few small issues mainly around suspension etc but I'll be sticking the coilovers on anyway and replacing everything around there soon anyway) I'm pretty happy with that. I'll get a cat ordered in and then take it back to the garage for the re-test next week.

The guy even commented on how good shape the car was in otherwise considering its age. Only the bodywork lets the car down, and that's only due to mindless idiots who vandalised the car under ADS1's ownership! (I will get it sorted - it's on the agenda)

Anyhoo - I've order a catalytic converter from eBay which looked to be the right one - had the same part number (HA6007) as one which specifically said 'H22 import' on a website. Will this fit?

Rudelude
My Generation: 5G

Post by Rudelude » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:01 pm

Enjoyed reading your blue to black lude thread... looking fwd to what you have planned for it... love seeing ludes restores to their former glory plus modern improvements
1997 Type S, Pearl White
Rust Free & Mugen Goodness

Return to “Lude Profiles”