Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Rich's new black "lightweight" BB4

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
firstlude
My Generation: 4G

Post by firstlude » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:06 pm

didnt no if it would end up a running driving car as i like a bit of a project dont like ludes being scrapped :shock:
success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm :D :D

Rich
Pickle Rich
PSN GamerTag: richardofeston

Re: Rich's new black "lightweight" BB4

Post by Rich » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:25 pm

I don't like them being scrapped either, and it pains me to do it but I don't think there's any other option. I'll offer it on here to anyone who can trailer it away if they think they can work some magic on it, I suppose anyone with welding skills could make light work of it, but the cracked windscreen is obviously a problem - it's on the passenger side though at least.

firstlude

Post by firstlude » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:13 pm

thing is i have lost the use of a trailer so would need to be a running and driving car for me to collect it , i have a bonnet , one wing and a rear repair panel and can easily make and weld panels in , so thinking its a do able fix for me ..
success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm :D :D

mart609
LotM Winner
XBOX GamerTag: mart609
PSN GamerTag: mart609

Post by mart609 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:19 pm

The A-pillar rotting through is a big problem too, your blue lude was always an inspiration to me in the past

Rich
Pickle Rich

Post by Rich » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:45 pm

Cheers, glad to know people liked it :)

I loved that car, but truth is - it was only a silver lude that someone sprayed blue. It was almost completely stock other than that. I loved the colour, but I've just spent about £9k over the last 3 years on a new Toyota the same colour - and handed it back to them last week with sweet fa to show for it - so I've come to realise that a car I love is worth spending money on. So I've got a big(ish) budget for this lude (as long as life doesn't throw any more jobby at me that I need to find money for).

Rich
Pickle Rich

Removed Sex Blocker

Post by Rich » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:56 pm

Little bit more progress today, nothing exciting but it's a start.

Removed the ridiculously large centre thing, aka "the sex blocker", as it was so awkward trying to access my son's seatbelt with his car seat in. He helped me to take pics so I remember which wire goes into which switch:

Took longer than it should to get it out due to a stubborn rusty screw at the back, but finally got the bugger out...

I'll be putting it all back together tomorrow, can't be arsed tonight.

Parcel dude delivered me two new tyres today too... I figured I should replace the fronts because at the moment one is a 215/45/16 and the other is a 205/50/16 and on backwards!

Uniroyal Rainsports for the win!

Also, received some new brake pads today:

Still awaiting discs but the nearside rear brake is making an awful racket all the time... so I'm going to stick the rear pads on tomorrow and redo them in a few days when the discs arrive.

As I said nothing exciting, but progress is progress :)
Last edited by Rich on Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:30 pm

Yep, odd sized tyres on the same axle should be an MOT fail, so good job getting that sorted.

Rich
Pickle Rich

Post by Rich » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:34 pm

wurlycorner wrote:Yep, odd sized tyres on the same axle should be an MOT fail, so good job getting that sorted.
Aye, not sure how I ended up with a 215/45/16, think it's been on since I bought the wheels - never had them on a car other than for pics, always used the winter wheels or the Rota Torques which all have decent tyres. This car came with tyres with fair tread but the tyre walls were cracking or had chunks out so they needed swapping, and I prefer the look of the superturismos over the torques.

The bigger tyre is probably also the one that was on backwards initially, but I thought I'd rather have one thing wrong with both tyres rather than both things wrong with one. Less strain I figured. Anyhoo, I'll get them both fitted next week so will be sorted before the MOT.

Rich
Pickle Rich

Post by Rich » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:48 pm

Took the rear pads off just now...

Jesus! :shock: No wonder they were so noisy - there's no pad left!

Here is one in comparison with a new pad...

Rich
Pickle Rich

Post by Rich » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:05 pm

Piston rubbers look shot too. Think I'll get a refurb kit after MOT when I've hopefully got a bit more time to do things properly, and a proper piston rewind tool... This cube thing is taking ages!

Return to “Lude Profiles”