Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Profile: Eddie's 5th gen Motegi

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
eddie_squidd
My Generation: 5G

Profile: Eddie's 5th gen Motegi

Post by eddie_squidd » Sat May 05, 2018 5:43 pm

As promised here's my profile of my 5g Motegi. I took some pictures today after giving it a good clean but the bright sun isn't always the best for making a car look good. I've done my best anyway.

I bought car in 2006 when it had only done 34k miles. It's now on 103k, and nothing has really gone wrong with it in the meantime. I've not modded it in any way, I just wanted to keep it as much as possible as it was when it left the factory, so whenever I have need to replace parts I've always gone with Honda bits where possible. This is getting more difficult.

Specs: Honda Prelude 2.2 Vti Motegi, BB8 H22a8. Manual.
197 bhp (originally!), black heated leather seats, aircon, 4WS, cruise control, sunroof, 17" rims. I've added an iPod dock.

The cosmetic condition is pretty good in general and there's no rust to speak of. I don't have a drive or a garage though so it's parked in the street all the time, so there's a few dents and scratches. I didn't cause any of them, honest. :? It's also picked up a few stone chips. Having had the headlights refurbed recently my next thing is to get the wheels done. Three of the centre caps have lost their paint completely, there's a bit of kerbing to wheels and the coating is starting to bubble here and there so getting them stripped and recoated would really make a big difference to the look of the car.

My Motegi badge is broken! It just says "Mote". Can't get them from Honda anymore of course so will be on the lookout for one from a breaker at some point.

The car has a full Honda service history from new. Last week I spent over £700 on a service, timing belt change, balancer belt, auxiliary belts, oil breather pipe and few other bits. It will be at Japfest at Silverstone tomorrow, sadly with the power steering cooler temporarily out of action until that gets sorted in 2 or 3 weeks. Hopefully should get away with not having it for now, apart from getting up to Silverstone I'll be keeping it off the road in the meantime.

Last edited by eddie_squidd on Sat May 05, 2018 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

norks27
Supporter 2016

Post by norks27 » Sat May 05, 2018 6:12 pm

Superb example of arguably one of the best colours on a 5G.
eddie_squidd wrote:My Motegi badge is broken! It just says "Mote". Can't get them from Honda anymore of course so will be on the lookout for one from a breaker at some point.
You could contemplate a debadged look, (keeping the central Honda 'H', I suspect a clean 'Motegi' badge will be a very rare find).

Jackson Bondy
XBOX GamerTag: Jacksb4

Post by Jackson Bondy » Sat May 05, 2018 6:16 pm

My word, blue, Motegei, A8, Manual - that's the dream for me but they're rare as anything these days!
Kudos, that is one nice car. 8-)
'99 BB8 Motegi (H22A8)

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Sat May 05, 2018 6:59 pm

Absolutely superb nick and super rare being top UK run-out spec (very rare having that colour leather interior) well done.
Massive shame about the Motegi badge they are rocking horse poo now :cry:

toadster

Post by toadster » Sat May 05, 2018 10:06 pm

Lo :D
Looking luvly matey some great piccies 8-)
Cheers ;)
Toadster

eddie_squidd

Re: Profile: Eddie's 5th gen Motegi

Post by eddie_squidd » Sun May 06, 2018 12:34 am

Thanks everyone. I love that car very much! I knew when I bought it that it would probably be my last Prelude, so I really searched around for the best one I could possibly get. Fortunately there were a few more of them around in those days. I don't think I realised I'd still be driving it all this time later though!

Return to “Lude Profiles”