Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Weekend Toy / Show Car

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
uberNoobZA
My Generation: 4G

Re: Weekend Toy / Show Car

Post by uberNoobZA » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:22 am

Cleaned and treated rear leather seats and door inserts over the weekend. Looks much better, but some leather is unfortunately 'brittle' from where it's taken sun damage. Will just have to keep my eyes on it. Was WAY too hot to do this IN the car, so I took the seats out and did it inside :-) Luckily the rear 'seats' are small, so easy to carry around. Will be doing front seats in due course.

Also painted the calipers last night :D

Over the weekend, I also installed an 800W amp in the boot, to drive the front an rear speakers (spare wheel sub has it's own lil amp). Will be replacing speakers as well, as they're a little underpowered for the amp. Going to re-use the component speakers I mounted in the MDF backboard I made up for the track Prelude, with another set of the same speakers in the front doors - I'll just have to run some speaker cable up to where the tweeters are for the replacement tweeters.

uberNoobZA

Post by uberNoobZA » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:54 am

Not been doing anything 'major'. Replaced all speakers I originally put in with some higher powered component speakers, and an amp to power them. This seemed to drown out the spare wheel sub, so I got an active sub as well (amp for speaker is on top of sub) - just went for a cheap and basic amp and sub (for the record - wiring is much tidier now that install is complete) :D
Image Image

As it's been raining so much lately, I had to get her into the barn I usually work in, so I could get the front door cards off to do the speakers (I REALLY hate diving down that bum droppings farm road to get to the barn, especially in such a low car), but as you can see, even with an old barn door acting as a ramp, she's just too low to get all the way in without ripping the front bumper off - if I was planning to stay here long term, I'd probably raise the entire floor with a bunch of concrete, which would also let us put up the 2 post lift we have)

Track Prelude is already starting to look like a donor car :shock:

uberNoobZA

Post by uberNoobZA » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:00 am

I'm waiting for some slightly bigger MDF rings to arrive, that will fit the original speaker mounts and covers and will then put them back in place. Might than also move the tweeters into the trim on the sides of the rear window

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:30 am

Loads more work in short time!
That's really weird the floor in the barn being lower than the road, makes no sense at all?
What's your plans with the old spare wheel sub?

sol-lude
PSN GamerTag: Lude_666

Post by sol-lude » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:18 pm

Agree with Wurly, strange having a lower floor flooding etc. I do need to find a barn local to hire or somewhere I can work and be dry haha.

uberNoobZA

Post by uberNoobZA » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:25 pm

The barn actually has a bit of a ramp going into, and the floor is slightly lower than the ground, as it's built on a slight slope (one end of barn floor is higher than ground outside). Wish my barn WAS dry... Stupid landlord refuses to fix roof, as it's asbestos sheeting, so would cost a fortune to remove and replace.... probably won't be there much longer and my mate that I share barn with is moving south, so we'll relocate our 'workshop' down there.

Not got any plans for the spare wheel sub at the moment. I've actually got two of them. The one that came with Midge (the name I gave the car) from Gayno, which has the built in amp and another in the track prelude which has no amp inside, but is powered by a small (500W max) external AMP which is mounted where ABS ECU used to go (fits perfectly LOL)

Rich
Pickle Rich
PSN GamerTag: richardofeston

Post by Rich » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:34 pm

I love the ICE/camera setup in this car, very cool 8-) please forgive me if I copy some of it

uberNoobZA

Post by uberNoobZA » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:25 pm

Rich wrote:I love the ICE/camera setup in this car, very cool 8-) please forgive me if I copy some of it
Thanks mate. Feel free.

Happy to give any advice if you need, but it's a simple enough install :D

uberNoobZA

Post by uberNoobZA » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:56 am

Cleaned and treated leather on front seats last night, so that's the full leather clean and treatment done on the old girl. Seats look much healthier now. Also, when I did the rear sets, I mentioned that some of the leather seemed a little rough / brittle. This seems to look a little better now that the leather conditioner has soaked in. May use some more conditioner on all the leather again in a week or two, then get into habit of doing it at least twice a year.

uberNoobZA

Post by uberNoobZA » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:50 pm

Gone and replaced tail lights again. Got another set of Lexus style lights, with different layout and tinted them..will get some pics up soon

Also removed the speakers and tweeters from.parcel shelf and painted all the orange bits on them black and refitted them. Looks much better like that and less distracting in the rear mirror.

Lastly, I've removed the Koonling K1S dual dashcams as they were playing up and Im gonna replace them with Mini 0906 dual dashcam setup. Not as subtle as the K1S but WAY less cabling and no need to find space for the DVR unit.

Pics for all the above soon

Return to “Lude Profiles”