Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Weekend Toy / Show Car

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
uberNoobZA
My Generation: 4G

Re: Weekend Toy / Show Car

Post by uberNoobZA » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:46 pm

Not scared... Just have a bad habit of breaking things that are held in with clips....

uberNoobZA

Post by uberNoobZA » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:26 pm

Been pretty quiet on my lude, except that I killed the stereo with condensation from an iced drink that was sat in a cup holder plugged into air vent (yes I KNOW it has a working cup holder, but that was full) - it won;t turn on anymore. Got another double DIN (SPH-DA230DAB) for the time being, which uses my phone for navigation, and will see if the other one can be repaired, and then I might just flog it, as they're worth a tidy packet still

Other than that, taken her to a lot of meets where she gets a lot of attention (not surprised).

Yesterday. I went down to Henstridge Airfield for a meet and had a few runs down the runway, as shown in the vids below.
[youtube]aMStI92kTWc[/youtube]

[youtube]dzhkLLMc-aU[/youtube]

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:55 pm

So good to see the car being used 8-)

uberNoobZA

Post by uberNoobZA » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:51 pm

New
Finally got my bumper and splitter from track car back after they were painted frost white. VERY impressed with the work, so will definitely be going back to the same shop for more paint work I want done. I went down to hte barn and fitted the bumper and splitter, so I can get the other one with the broken fibreglass splitter repaired. As repair would need full respray, I think I'll actually get it painted green for the track Prelude. Personally, I prefer the new bumper and splitter. I think it's a little more subtle.

Also fitted the JDM style front plate, and only then saw the 4 holes from the previous number plate. Not sure if I'm going to go back to the original plate, and just stick it on with tape, or if I might just cover the holes with some stickers :D

As the fitting holes on this bumper aren't broken, the bumper sits much better, with the correct spacing between fender and bumper. Previously, there was a massive gap between bumper and fender on one side, and on other side, bumper was rubbing against fender
Image Image

Had a red Honda logo lying around, so thought I'd fit that as well, seeing as the colour scheme inside the engine bay is red :D

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:57 pm

8-) Spoon front lip. Always looked good on a 4th gen. Used to be very common but not these days!

uberNoobZA

Post by uberNoobZA » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:06 pm

When I got home, I took stuff out through the passenger door, n when closing door, I heard a rattle coming from the rear. Opened and closed door and there it was again. Sounded like the rear wheel was loose... Got the wheel spanner out and tightened wheel nuts, but they didn't seem to be tightening, just spinning. Undid the wheel nuts and they were BARELY being held on bolts by a few strands on thread on the bolts. Usable length of the bolts are shortened due to there being wheel spacers o nthe rear wheels. I noticed this previously when swapping tyre, but thought it would be ok.

Decided I'm taking the spacers off. Nuts go on nicely now and get a good grip, so probably won't be coming off by themselves anymore. No idea why the spacers were on there, but not the front. Dunno if it was aesthetics or mechanically necessary due to car being lowered. From what I could tell, there's enough space around the tyre, without the spacers, so will see how she fares when driving and on bumps.

uberNoobZA

Post by uberNoobZA » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:05 pm

So.. after work today, went to remove the offisde rear wheel to remove the spacer. Couldn't find jacking point (little protrusion of metal) as it was all flat there, so just put hte jack where the jacking point should've been. Started jacking up the car, and heard a sound like something was being crushed. Thinking I'd caught the side skirts, I removed hte jack, only to find the chassis, and body was actually being bent by the jack, due to rust rot. Dunno if I'm supposed to be able to poke my finger into the chassis behind the side skirts (from the whee well), but I can, and it's full of pieces of broken off rust.

Only way I could get the rear wheel off was by jacking the front up high enough that the rear was also off the ground

Oh joy. Guess she's failing her next MOT

Scott560
My Generation: 5G

Post by Scott560 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:23 am

Ouch, had that happen on my MK1 MR2 , got rid of it shortly afterwards :(

I'm guessing you'll get the work done as you've put a lot of parts and time into it?

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

uberNoobZA

Post by uberNoobZA » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:59 pm

Don't have money to get the work done, and unable to do it myself

Gayno
Lord Gayness

Post by Gayno » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:46 pm

uberNoobZA wrote:I removed hte jack, only to find the chassis, and body was actually being bent by the jack, due to rust rot.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

That I'm surprised by, as had that area done (both sides) in May 2015 and sills were then filled with Bilt Hamber to protect from future rust. I have however always jacked the rear using the rear towing eye as the car was too low for my trolley jack to get under the sides, so this isn't something I would've found out.

The spacers on the rear are purely aesthetic, nothing more, but again I've never had the wheel nuts come lose. Did you torque them up correctly after changing the wheels?

Return to “Lude Profiles”