Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

M@dds BB1/BB4 Lude

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
RattyMcClelland
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

M@dds BB1/BB4 Lude

Post by RattyMcClelland » Mon May 13, 2019 9:23 pm

Confused wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 8:53 pm
I seem to remember the bodyshop I used said they gave it a clearcoat too, to add some extra shine - this may be why others have struggled to colour match it!
They should have used clearcoat anyway.
Honda stopped using straight 2k paint in the 80s. Everything is lacquered.

Confused
My Generation: 4G

M@dds BB1/BB4 Lude

Post by Confused » Mon May 13, 2019 9:52 pm

RattyMcClelland wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:23 pm
Confused wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 8:53 pm
I seem to remember the bodyshop I used said they gave it a clearcoat too, to add some extra shine - this may be why others have struggled to colour match it!
They should have used clearcoat anyway.
Honda stopped using straight 2k paint in the 80s. Everything is lacquered.
I know nothing, especially of events from 12 years ago ;)

M@dds
XBOX GamerTag: Exerriddiam

M@dds BB1/BB4 Lude

Post by M@dds » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:48 pm

Hi all been a sleep on all this car work over the summer and part running a business has been taking loads of time as of late.

But summer is here and so is the lovely corona virus and it’s time to get her back on the road if possible.

She has been in a temporary garage over winter and she had a bloody good polish last year to bring the shine back.

Yeah it’s reall disappointing to see the condition she is in, but with old cars that’s the way it is.
I am looking to get the mechanical bits done this year ie in a few days and see if I can get her through another mot.

Then I’ll have to weigh up how I’m going to get this work done, 3k is a lot of wedge but it should be a complete rebuild of the arches and dig all the old crap out, she needs it.

Worst case scenario is to transplant the lot to a prepared decent chassis, if those eve exist anymore?.

I hope your all keeping well?

The alternator is stuck on atm, looks like the tension And locking nut is slipping round with the bolt,
I’m having to weld something on in order to stop it spinning so I can get this old alternator off.

I have two replacements ready to go on.

The hand brake you can pull up to your nipples if you want and she will still want to roll back lol!.
So those the cables will need to be done aswell.

She is looking sorry for herself in her green tent atm, needs to have a good clean and oil change too while I’m at it.

Gayno
Lord Gayness

M@dds BB1/BB4 Lude

Post by Gayno » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:43 pm

Good to see you still have plans for the old girl :)

Still miss her :(

M@dds

M@dds BB1/BB4 Lude

Post by M@dds » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:30 pm

yeah I bet buddy. It’s alsways difficult time o let them go.

My last lude was crashed within two weeks of the guy owning it, (my dad had the police knocking on his door at 12 at night)

And my other was bought and stripped eventually so I have learned, was well gutted.

You won’t be missing all the cash and time she needs atm. I’ve spent over £500 on her this month.
Alternator was seized solid, I bought two second hand alternators and they are both pants , so a new one it is is.

New handbrake cables are here and I did try to buy rocker gaskets, plug seals cam end plug, dizzy and inner o ring, rotor arm amongst the vtec solenoid filter and gasket, but the order kept falling through.

sparks plugs oil and filter and coolant are on they’re way. I was testing the alternator and got out the car to have then left the key in the ignition yesterday so I was locked out lol so that was £85.

All the dash and relays are doing odd stuff cause it’s not getting decent voltage from the alternator on the one time she’s been out, so I’m getting her sorted as best I can.

Even got a garage heater just for the lude now.

There is soooo much to get on top of buddy, it’s abit of a burden but secretly enjoying it I think.

Hope your keeping well though Gayno.
Think you will ever get another?

Gayno
Lord Gayness

M@dds BB1/BB4 Lude

Post by Gayno » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:27 pm

Yeah I'm keeping well thanks!

Not sure I could get another, none will come close! Though if I win the lottery I'll be at your door the next day :lol:

M@dds

M@dds BB1/BB4 Lude

Post by M@dds » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:43 pm

Gayno wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:27 pm
Yeah I'm keeping well thanks!

Not sure I could get another, none will come close! Though if I win the lottery I'll be at your door the next day :lol:
Glad to hear your keeping well buddy.

It would be a reluctant sell, although a few million would be nice :)

Return to “Lude Profiles”