Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Testing this link to share Photos through google

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
HarmlessJoe
My Generation: 5G

Post by HarmlessJoe » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:52 am

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PjfVLJAU9LunT6Xc7 :ugeek:

So heres my recent purchase, A 1998 Honda Prelude SH, and it came a great engine. So far i am doing a coolant flush, saw it was a bit milky so I'm hoping it doesn't have a blown head gasket. It hasn't overheated on me, and nothing really alarming has happened driving the very little miles I've put on on. Being in Cali traffic can get bad so i use my other 4dr sedan for normal traffic commutes. Im hoping this flush solves the issue along with a head gasket sealer repair you can get for about 50 bucks. If need be so, i would change the head gasket and all that but i will be diagnosing this problem for weeks to come. Slight leak under my motor too, hoping this sealer repair does the trick. I will be posting more updates here thanks guys. I know i may sound like a noob at this but i am trying my best and am very passionate about taking care of these cars.

Scott560

Post by Scott560 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:57 am

If it was my car, i wouldn't use any of the 'fix in a can' products.

If the headgasket is gone, you'll just have to replace it - but it'll be messier if all the cooling channels are full of that sealing product. The coolant doesn't really circulate too much into the tank, so it might take a while to fully appraise the situation. Better off , when cold, taking the rad cap off and looking in there...

the most common leak is from where the oil filter housing mounts to the block, you can get the o-ring seal from honda cheap enough or from ebay...
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

HarmlessJoe

Post by HarmlessJoe » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:55 pm

Thanks for this, were you able to see the pictures? Ive decided im not going to use can products and will save up for a better head, if this is going to be the car i own for a while which I dont plan on selling at all it will be best to replace things and do it the right way :thumbup:
Last edited by HarmlessJoe on Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scott560

Post by Scott560 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:15 pm

yes picture link was fine.

don't be quick to condemn any part of the car, do some miles and let any problems come to the surface first...
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

HarmlessJoe

Post by HarmlessJoe » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:37 am

I would like to drive my car but California emissions is pretty tough, and cant pass smog atm, i was told i have aftermarket headers but they look oem just trimmed from the plates holding the cover, no brand on them i can physically see. Also have have a breather filter on it instead of the connector to the type s intake. So im hoping once i just get that connection it will pass and somehow manage to get the header cover on there. Its in stock muffler so should be fine but you know how these cars can be its a constant battle at times. If not ill move to Colorado lol.

ATR84
XBOX GamerTag: mike84n

Post by ATR84 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:49 am

Welcome along @HarmlessJoe :wave:

I have a white Type S which was imported from Japan just last year. Your car looks like a good base to start from :thumbup:

In regards to the head gasket, I would get a sniff test done or a compression test would also show you I believe. While I have heard of those in the can products fixing leaky seals before I am not sure it is worth trying with a head gasket, best to find out if it is the head gasket and go from there.

Good luck with your project and keep us up to date with your progress, maybe you could start a project/build thread :D

Return to “Lude Profiles”