Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Lukes BB6 H22A8 build

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
Scott560
My Generation: 5G

Lukes BB6 H22A8 build

Post by Scott560 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:50 pm

LudeLuke wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:14 pm
Thanks Max, I do want to do the poly bushes at some point but need to find out which are the best ones as I don't want it to be too stiff
don't go for strongflex yellow - they are very hard (near rock hard) and make the ride really bad.
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

Brozilla

Lukes BB6 H22A8 build

Post by Brozilla » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:10 am

Red/Yellow combination from Strongflex is great, I have it and it is a perfect compromise between stiff and comfy in my opinion

LudeLuke

Lukes BB6 H22A8 build

Post by LudeLuke » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:02 pm

Since getting the Prelude back on the road I have been making the most of shows opening back up and going to as many as possible.
I met up with Toby and his Patina Lude at Hazzard Retro, it was great to meet up after chatting through Instagram about the builds. It would be good to meet more owners at events. It’s a shame a lot of the big Honda ones are so far up north.

I also went to Fuelfest and got a photo in the Fuel Box which is amazing to see your own car as a Hot Wheel or Matchbox toy

After Fuelfest I decided to raise the car up a bit, as much as I loved the way it looked, I want to be able to take the Prelude out for proper drives on county roads and it was too low for the UKs roads. The combo of the low suspension and stretched tyres were too risky and was grounding out.
I raised up the BC coilovers by around 2 cm and put my old wheels back on for the time being as they have larger tyres on them. Its now a lot more fun to drive and can be used properly. The Work wheels came as they are second hand so I’m going to refurb them and probably get some larger side wall tyres for them as I don’t want to risk damaging the lips on potholes. I also need to decide if I want to change the colour when the centres are painted.
This is how its looking now.
The next stage is to work on the front end, I have some headlights and fog lights I am part way through customising and the SiR lip and carbon bonnet to go on so lots more changes will be happening soon.
Instagram - @BB6VTI
Current -
BB6 VTI manual H22a8 in Crystal blue
Civic FN2 Type R

Past
Civic FN3 Type S
BB8 VTI auto in Nighthawk black

toadster

Lukes BB6 H22A8 build

Post by toadster » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:21 pm

Lo :D