Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Lukes BB6 H22A8 build

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
LudeLuke
My Generation: 5G

Lukes BB6 H22A8 build

Post by LudeLuke » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:40 pm

June.

With lock down ending I was able to pick up a few parts I had found during. I went back up to Brandon (lankysod) to pick up some red door cards with carbon switches and some clear front indicators. Before fitting the door cards I added some Focal speakers to match the rears. There is a useful section in the door card that the cross over fits perfectly in.

I also fitted a leather gear cover with red stitching. The interior is really coming together, its a much nicer place to be.

The roof bars were fitted so I could stop putting my bike in the back of the Prelude as didn't want to damage the interior. You can see the clear indicators in this photo, Iv not seen these any where before, they were fitted to a Prelude Brandon was breaking. I had seen a way to remove the orange reflectors using a soldering iron but these already had clear ones fitted.

I also found a rear window spoiler on the Facebook group which just needed some fresh 3M tape to fit.

Last edited by LudeLuke on Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Instagram - @BB6VTI
Current -
BB6 VTI manual H22a8 in Crystal blue
Civic FN2 Type R

Past
Civic FN3 Type S
BB8 VTI auto in Nighthawk black

LudeLuke

Lukes BB6 H22A8 build

Post by LudeLuke » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:03 pm

July & August

Not many updates for July, I mainly got out and enjoyed driving the Prelude. Another 700 mile round trip to Scarborough and no issues. I did find the centre console trim from my first Prelude while back at my parents, I didn't realise it has been sat in their garage for about 10 years so I took it back and fitted it. I will probably carbon wrap it until I can find an OEM carbon one.

Finally a set of BC coil overs came up on the Facebook group from someone selling their Prelude, they had only been on their car a year and done around 3k miles. They took them off to sell the car. It was a quick trip down to Southampton to collect them. I cant wait to get these fitted, the Preludes look so much better low.

Last edited by LudeLuke on Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Instagram - @BB6VTI
Current -
Civic FN2 Type R

Past
Civic FN3 Type S

LudeLuke

Lukes BB6 H22A8 build

Post by LudeLuke » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:00 am

September. September was a big month, I moved from a flat to a house and finally had a garage to be able to work on the Prelude and save it from the elements. The previous owner of the house was very much into caravans and had built a garage large enough to fit a large caravan and a range rover in. It was my dream garage with the space for another car and all the parts id been collecting over summer, the flat was getting very full as Iv kept all the original parts in case I ever want to put it back to stock.

The Prelude in its new home

I had bought some more parts after another advert came up on the UK Prelude Facebook group page back in July, I was hoping to have picked them up a lot sooner but the sale dragged on for a while and there was no way I could fit these in the flat. The seller was very kind to hold onto them until I could get them. So another trip up to Birmingham and luckily it all fitted in the car as I wasn't sure it would!

SiR dashboard & roof liner, SiR front lip, carbon dash surround and the seller generously threw in the side markers and leather gear knob.

It looks like they had been stored for quite a while and looked a lot better after a clean and polish

The gear knob after a clean up. I think its from an SH?

I had already got a Greddy rep front lip at the same time as the Mugen rep wing so I'm not sure which one to go with now. I need to test them both out and also learn how to paint.. I did always want the Greddy but I think i prefer the SiR now.

Fitted the carbon surround and gear knob. I gave the interior a full detail as well as finally refurbishing the Type S seats. The bobbley bits came off with a hair clipper and just used some leather polish on the rest.

I'm really happy with the interior now. It will be even better once the SiR dash, carpet and headliner go in. I just need to find a centre console to finish it off.

I had the first mechanical issue with the Prelude, the cabin was smelling badly of exhaust fumes. Took it to a garage and a hole had rusted though the exhaust near the flex pipe on the top side. I had the exact same thing with my old Prelude so it must be in area where water drips onto it. So I had a new flex pipe fitted.

Last edited by LudeLuke on Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RattyMcClelland
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

Lukes BB8 H22A8 build

Post by RattyMcClelland » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:07 am

Clean and OEM plus. Just how a 5th gen should be.
5th gen dash out is actually very easy once you have done it once.

toadster

Lukes BB8 H22A8 build

Post by toadster » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:21 pm

Lo :D
Nice update :mrgreen:
SiR lip all the way 8)
I'm biased though ;)
Toadster

LudeLuke

Lukes BB8 H22A8 build

Post by LudeLuke » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:19 pm

Thanks for the comments Ratty and Toadster. The dash looked like a big job, hopefully its not too bad. After I have under sealed the car Im going to strip the interior out and fit the dash, carpet and roof liner.
Instagram - @BB6VTI
Current -
Civic FN2 Type R

Past
Civic FN3 Type S

LudeLuke

Lukes BB6 H22A8 build

Post by LudeLuke » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:38 pm

October

The Prelude failed its MOT due to rusty sills. I removed the side skirt and had a closer look before booking it in to be welded up, it looks like some of the under seal has come off in that one area. The fog light also needed some work as it was all corroded inside, I managed to get it working again but have sourced another along with the rear registration holder and lights from Brandon.
I will also need a new cat for next year as well, the previous owner fitted a cheap one that's already nearly dead, it took quite a few attempts to scrape through on emissions.

Just before it was away for a week I picked up a new daily driver as I want the Prelude to be a full project/show car and not have to worry about it been in bits for long periods. The next lot of work I have planned for it will probably mean its off the road for a few weeks. It wasn't an option when I was in the flat to have another car as we were only allowed one on street parking permit. It is a now a the daily but I couldn't get anything too boring, this is kind of piratical..

2007 Type r FN2 on 54,000 miles, it had a lot of the mods already done to it that I would want to do so I can concentrate on the Prelude. The K20 pulls a lot harder than the Prelude and it really sticks to the road.

And when the Prelude was back with a new MOT

I carbon wrapped the centre console trim so its a closer match for the other OEM carbon bits, it will have to do until I can find a real OEM one.

Speaking of carbon I was on the FB group and someone posted that this was available on eBay so took a look.

Its a Seibon CF Mugen rep spoiler, I already had a fibre glass rep version waiting to be painted but this looked like an exact replica with sharper lines. The seller accepted an offer of £190 which wasn't bad considering its never been fitted and they go for over £600 new. Iv never seen one in the UK before either. I sold the fibre glass version and fitted this one when it turned up. It is immaculate and looks brand new. The seller said they used to have a Type S which they got several carbon parts for but never fitted them and has since sold the car, so its been sat in their garage for years.

It was a bit scary drilling new holes in the boot as typically it didn't just bolt on where the OEM spoiler holes are.

I'm really happy with it, the Mugen spoiler is my favorite type on a 5th gen and this complements the lines really well. Here is some more spoiler spam

Last edited by LudeLuke on Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LudeLuke

Lukes BB6 H22A8 build

Post by LudeLuke » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:37 pm

A few more updates to the Prelude through Nov an Dec.

The rear window rubber wasn't in the best shape so i attempted to refurb it. I had seen that using fine sand paper then some metal polish worked so gave it a go and its definitely an improvement, hopefully it will hold up.

Doing the usual trawling of eBay for any interesting Prelude related parts I found this carbon bonnet for sale from the same person that I got the Seibon Mugen wing. I put in an offer to buy it out side eBay and he agreed a good price on it. It was a bit pricey to ship but he once again packaged it really well and this very large box arrived a couple of days later

Similar to the wing it had never been fitted and was effectively brand new. I have been looking for a replacement bonnet as mine has rust coming through around the front trim and on each corner near the windscreen, this was cheaper than a respray as well.

I also found these Japanese phone cards with a Type S and a similar silver Prelude which I thought looked cool

I finally got the Work Ewing alloys on for a full test fit, they still need to be refurbished but I wanted to check they fitted ok first. They clear everything at the moment, I am planning on attempting to fit the BC coil overs next week so I will see then if the arches will need any work. At 17x8 et45 I was planning on them clearing ok, the tyres are quite stretched so leave plenty of room. I like the way they look and that they are period correct, I wasn't sure on the gold to start off with but I think it works.

Last edited by LudeLuke on Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hagland-BB4
My Generation: 4G

Lukes BB6 H22A8 build

Post by Hagland-BB4 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:32 pm

Wow, really looking good Luke. well done
Now
1994 Prelude 2.2 - JDM BB4 SI VTEC LSD (Sebring Silver - NH552M)
1996 Prelude 2.2 - UKDM BB1 VTEC (Milano Red - R81)
1993 Prelude 2.2 - JDM BB1 SI VTEC (Sebring Silver - NH552M)

Then
1996 Prelude 2.2 - UKDM BB1 VTEC (Championship Whte - NH0)
1995 Prelude 2.2 - UKDM BB1 (Phantom Grey - NH561P)
1995 Prelude 2.2 - JDM BB4 SI VTEC LSD (Granada Black - NH503P)
1995 Prelude 2.2 - JDM BB1 4WS (Sebring Silver - NH552M)

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Lukes BB6 H22A8 build

Post by wurlycorner » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:19 pm

Just catching up a bit on the forum after an embarassing amount of time away.
Have enjoyed reading this profile, sounds like you've done some great mods in a short space of time and have a nice car... Unfortunately none of the pics seem to be showing for me though, even if clicking on them to try and view direct in imgur :?
Just me, or has something gone bandy?

Return to “Lude Profiles”