Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Lukes BB6 H22A8 build

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
Hagland-BB4
My Generation: 4G

Lukes BB8 H22A8 build

Post by Hagland-BB4 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:21 pm

LudeLuke wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:18 am
Hagland, there seems to be quite a few Preludes in that area that iv seen come up for sale. I thought as id gone so far I might as well make the most of it and see some interesting parts rather than head straight to the motorway.
Same thoughts, I stayed in a hotel for the night and made a weekend of it.
Very nice up there
I also have the same seals fitted to my 4th gen
Now
1994 Prelude 2.2 - JDM BB4 SI VTEC LSD (Sebring Silver - NH552M)
1996 Prelude 2.2 - UKDM BB1 VTEC (Milano Red - R81)
1993 Prelude 2.2 - JDM BB1 SI VTEC (Sebring Silver - NH552M)

Then
1996 Prelude 2.2 - UKDM BB1 VTEC (Championship Whte - NH0)
1995 Prelude 2.2 - UKDM BB1 (Phantom Grey - NH561P)
1995 Prelude 2.2 - JDM BB4 SI VTEC LSD (Granada Black - NH503P)
1995 Prelude 2.2 - JDM BB1 4WS (Sebring Silver - NH552M)

LudeLuke
My Generation: 5G

Lukes BB8 H22A8 build

Post by LudeLuke » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:12 pm

Thanks Scott and Norks. Iv got a lot more updates to add, I'm going to do it a month at a time until I catch up to now. I had a lot planned when I bought the car and it was also a fair bit cheaper than what I sold the Civic for so used all the extra funds on the Prelude to get it where I wanted it.

Toadster, I had a look at your build profile, its looks super clean. Iv got an SiR lip I need to paint as well.
Instagram - @BB6VTI
Current -
BB6 VTI manual H22a8 in Crystal blue
Civic FN2 Type R

Past
Civic FN3 Type S
BB8 VTI auto in Nighthawk black

LudeLuke

Lukes BB6 H22A8 build

Post by LudeLuke » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:09 am

November 2019. I fitted some Focal 6x9 speakers, the stock ones sounded really bad, I'm not sure if there was something wrong with them or if they are normally just not great. They do look like they are made out of cardboard. My first Prelude sounded OK but they may have already been swapped out. I would highly recommend Focal speakers, they sound amazing, brilliant sound reproduction and they are very sensitive so don't need an amp to still sound good.

I also fitted some sound deadening at the same time, while fitting it I noticed that there was water in the boot which I knew was a common issue. I cleaned and treated some minor rust around the drain holes in the boot and then added the matting. The problem I had with the water ingress was I checked all the usual places the water gets in and it didn't seem to be coming from any of them so I was a bit confused. The sunroof drains were clear and I had just changed over the tail light gaskets so they were fine. The boot seal was also OK as well. I could see that there was a water mark coming down form above the tail lights. I did eventually solve it in December.

I also picked up a rear bumper support as the one on the car looked like swiss cheese, I sanded and treated it with rust converter as it was a used part and had some surface rust, it was a lot better than mine though. I then sprayed it with hammerite. I haven't had a chance to fit it yet though, I want to remove the rear bumper and treat any surface rust at the same time.

Last edited by LudeLuke on Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Instagram - @BB6VTI
Current -
Civic FN2 Type R

Past
Civic FN3 Type S

LudeLuke

Lukes BB6 H22A8 build

Post by LudeLuke » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:19 am

December. I managed to find one of the pieces I always wanted for my first Prelude a honey comb grill. Turns out it was Brandon (Lankysod) who was selling it ( Iv had a fair few trips back for other parts over the year), I also picked up some floor mats that Brandon threw in for free as they had a small hole in which was very kind. Also got a skunk gear knob and a K&N filter to go in the stock air box.
We fitted the air filter there and then and I got the honey comb grill fitted on Xmas eve which was a good Xmas present to myself.

I cleaned up the floor mats and they improved the interior over the generic ones that came with the car.

I then drove back to Scarbourgh just after Xmas to see family which was over a 600 mile round trip. The Prelude was great, no issues what so ever. While there I found out where the leak in the boot was coming from. It turns out it was coming in between the body panels under the boot seal, I have added a photo in case it is any use to anyone as Iv never seen this mentioned before. We added some sealant which fixed the issue.

I need to remove the whole seal and clear out the surface rust in future. Took a few photos of the lude while I was up there.

Last edited by LudeLuke on Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Instagram - @BB6VTI
Current -
Civic FN2 Type R

Past
Civic FN3 Type S

toadster

Lukes BB8 H22A8 build

Post by toadster » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:19 am

Lo :D
I was going to say a honeycomb grill would look nice then low and behold You fitted one :thumbup:
Thanks for Your kind comments about My Lude :mrgreen:
Cheers ;)
Toadster

LudeLuke

Lukes BB6 H22A8 build

Post by LudeLuke » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:28 pm

January - Feb.

The scratch on the front bumper was annoying as the rest of the paint work was pretty good so I wanted to get it sorted. The arches were starting to bubble as well so I booked the Prelude into a body shop to have them all done at once. Some before and afters. I wasn't too happy that the under seal ended up on the arches but you cant really see it until you crouch right down. The bumper now looks a lot better.

Last edited by LudeLuke on Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Instagram - @BB6VTI
Current -
Civic FN2 Type R

Past
Civic FN3 Type S

LudeLuke

Lukes BB6 H22A8 build

Post by LudeLuke » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:47 pm

March.

I found some new seats on the Facebook Prelude UK group that I couldn't say no to. They were based in Birmingham but I thought it was worth the trip to get them, iv only seen one other set come up and they were quite a bit more expensive. As the Prelude was my daily I took out the rear and passenger seat to ensure that I could get them all in.

I'm not sure if the seller Graham is a member but he had an immaculate sparkle yellow 5th gen and a S2000. He helped me to fit the seats straight in and I put my old drivers seat in the boot with the back seats down. I am so glad I went to get them, the half leather Type S seats really transform the interior and offer more support from the bolsters. They just need a little refurb on the drivers side which is an easy fix.
A 300 mile round trip and the Prelude is running really well.

I also fitted a metal heel plate to the stock floor mat as they already had a small hole in them and I always seem to wear through rugs/carpet pretty quickly.

It was also the start of lock down so I didn't have much to do other than have an excuse to drive the lude for long shopping trips..

It also really needs lowering. I was on the look out for some BC coliovers.
Last edited by LudeLuke on Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Instagram - @BB6VTI
Current -
Civic FN2 Type R

Past
Civic FN3 Type S

LudeLuke

Lukes BB6 H22A8 build

Post by LudeLuke » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:54 pm

April. With lock down in full effect there wasn't much to do, I spent far too much time trawling online looking at parts.

First I fitted a leather gear boot to match the seats, black with red stitching and tried fitting the Skunk 2 gear knob.

Before
Also gave it a clean in there

I wasn't happy with the way the boot met the gear knob and preferred the way the OEM clipped in so decided to stick with the OEM.

Also replaced the bulb in the coin holder, wasn't aware that there was supposed to be a light in there before I took out the centre console.
[/img]

I gave the Mugen rep pedals a go from eBay. They are actually really good for £15 and fitted well. They provide better grip and a bigger accelerator pedal. The old ones were also worn out so it was a good upgrade.

They did need a polish to look good -

I found some darker tail lights on eBay for £30 so gave them ago, it looks like they have been sprayed, after a polish with a headlight kit they were looking good and I preferred the darker red.

Since I got the Prelude I was planning on getting a Mugen style spoiler, Iv never seen a real one come up and decided to give a rep one on eBay a go, considering it was lock down it turned up from Poland in a week. I gave it a test fit but would have to wait a while until I could get it painted. I do want to try and do it myself at some point.

It bolted straight on and was a good fit, I think it might need sanding a bit to sharpen up the lines when its painted.

Spoilerless

I also found a red carpet on the Facebook group and some Thule roof bars on eBay for my bike. It would be a while before Id be able to fit the carpet.

Last edited by LudeLuke on Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toadster

Lukes BB8 H22A8 build

Post by toadster » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:35 pm

Lo :D
You lucky so and so getting those seats :shock:
Very jealous.
Cheers ;)
Toadster

LudeLuke

Lukes BB6 H22A8 build

Post by LudeLuke » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:09 pm

May. I found some Work EWing alloys that were the specs I was looking for. Three piece five spoke 17x8 Et48. I test fitted one when they arrived and it seemed to clear ok but am still yet to fully fit them as I want to give them a full refurb first. I haven't decided on whether on not to keep the gold or go with a gun metal. It might need some work on the arches once its lowered.

I saw an old advert for them fitted to an NSX when doing some research which I thought was fitting.

Last edited by LudeLuke on Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Instagram - @BB6VTI
Current -
Civic FN2 Type R

Past
Civic FN3 Type S

Return to “Lude Profiles”