Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Cyber Predator Prelude

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
LudeLuke
My Generation: 5G

Cyber Predator Prelude

Post by LudeLuke » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:44 pm

I saw this for sale a few weeks ago, I was tempted myself. You have got a lot done very quickly and its good to see its all been done properly :clap:

Looking forward to seeing what you do with it, I thought the body kit would suit a cyberpunk style. Definitely needs the wider wheels with better offset.
Instagram - @BB6VTI
Current -
BB6 VTI manual H22a8 in Crystal blue
Civic FN2 Type R

Past
Civic FN3 Type S
BB8 VTI auto in Nighthawk black

LeeWallbank
My Generation: 4G

Cyber Predator Prelude

Post by LeeWallbank » Thu May 06, 2021 12:50 pm

so it's been a while...had loads on in the last few weeks and we also gave the shop a quick lick of paint.

I picked up a Mk1 MX5 door last night, looking to do a door handle swap, managed an hour on it this morning and got it all cut and tacked in. I think it's come out pretty well, what do you think?

Brozilla

Cyber Predator Prelude

Post by Brozilla » Thu May 06, 2021 1:03 pm

Wow that is awesome, never thought of swapping a door handle. That's a mod you don't see every day.

Did you use a part of the MX5 doors too or is the part holding the handle made of sheet metal?

LeeWallbank

Cyber Predator Prelude

Post by LeeWallbank » Thu May 06, 2021 1:27 pm

Brozilla wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 1:03 pm
Wow that is awesome, never thought of swapping a door handle. That's a mod you don't see every day.

Did you use a part of the MX5 doors too or is the part holding the handle made of sheet metal?
Thanks! Yeah I bought the whole door...for £30! just cut it out and then tacked it in. I'll find one for the other side now and do that, I'll weld it all then when they're both tacked and working. I think I might be able to make the orginal lock barrel work too.

LeeWallbank

Cyber Predator Prelude

Post by LeeWallbank » Wed May 12, 2021 4:07 pm

A couple of updates today, stripped the sunroof back to bare metal last week so I can repair and paint it. I was going to put a glass roof in but I think it'll look better painted when complete.

Also managed to cut and weld the left rear arch to match the right, this should be enough for a better wheel fitment when finished.

Greg
My Generation: 3G

Cyber Predator Prelude

Post by Greg » Wed May 12, 2021 4:56 pm

It's great to see you rebuilding this piece by piece your making great progress and I'm extremely jealous of your workshop! Keep up the good work :clap:

Brozilla

Cyber Predator Prelude

Post by Brozilla » Thu May 13, 2021 9:02 am

Tinsolder to fill the welds? Now that is proper work you don’t see every day. I spent months looking for a shop that will do my bodywork like that and it was worth every penny. Nice job, again.

nitin_s1
PSN GamerTag: N171N

Cyber Predator Prelude

Post by nitin_s1 » Thu May 13, 2021 12:23 pm

This is so cool. :o :twisted: :clap:

LeeWallbank

Cyber Predator Prelude

Post by LeeWallbank » Fri May 21, 2021 7:41 am

just a little update, had a couple of hours yesterday. The rear panel and boot floor looks like it had been beat in to fit the exhausts, you'll see the areas that are 'crumpled'. I beat these back into shape and then cut a section of the boot floor out and then made a battery tray, as it's being relocated to the boot. It's only tacked in for now as I need to clean the sealer underneath properly before I weld it in. There was also some bracket and tow-eye that was just cut off, these have been removed and cleaned up a bit. All of the black under the bootfloor seems to be exhaust soot - the bottom of the cans had been ripped open, presumably from the hydraulics.

bennyboy
Art Mechanic
PSN GamerTag: OCbennyboy

Cyber Predator Prelude

Post by bennyboy » Fri May 21, 2021 11:00 am

This is a fascinating thread, nice one. :thumbup: Following on Insta: - BenAskemArtist
UKDM BB1 H22A8 NH561P 244bhp 173lbft

'Nigella'

www.benaskem.co.uk

Return to “Lude Profiles”