Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

My first Prelude

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
Sailor
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 0G

My first Prelude

Post by Sailor » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:36 pm

Drax wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:10 pm
cracking amount of pics there great stuff.
I can see only the first one ...
International Pensioner of Mystery

RattyMcClelland
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

My first Prelude

Post by RattyMcClelland » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:48 pm

R-Type wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:36 pm
I’m guessing the screws from now removed wind deflectors were not factory fitted!
Those are actually factory, just missing the deflectors.

R-Type

My first Prelude

Post by R-Type » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:59 pm

Thanks for confirming! I knew they were an option but with poor window operation and way they are sat in the seals I thought maybe someone tried to install their own aftermarket ones. Expect I’ll struggle to find direct replacement for the deflectors.

R-Type

My first Prelude

Post by R-Type » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:24 pm

R-Type

My first Prelude

Post by R-Type » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:31 pm

Has anyone had any success in utilising the JDM sat-nav / tv setup? The cd changer is clunking and not playing so will give that a clean and wouldn’t mind switching for another Honda head unit but really would like to leave the double screen intact if possible. I’m thinking I could try a UK setup in the boot off a crv or something? I’m guessing Tv via NTSC (not PAL) is a none starter but maybe an NTSC rear camera would be an easy setup?

RattyMcClelland
PSN GamerTag: RattyMcClelland

My first Prelude

Post by RattyMcClelland » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:35 pm

Been attempted many times but no one has successfully converted the satnav to Japanese.
Evern modern stuff won't work as it uses honda internavi which uses Honda's GPRS location in Japan.
You can fit an aftermarket single din headunit below it though.

R-Type

My first Prelude

Post by R-Type » Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:13 pm

Haven’t made much progress on this so far due to the weather but have (I think) all the parts I need to hand now. Managed to sort the D4 light by cleaning the shift/lockup solenoid. It was totally blocked with debris and although I’ve only driven round the block a few times it seems to have done the trick. No D4 light and changing gears more fluidly. In fact, I think it’s getting better the more I use it (fingers crossed).

Spent ages looking for genuine mats. Very few second hand options and at this point it’s unlikely they wouldn’t be worn out. Considered getting the Elegance LHD ones which are available new and cutting them / adapting but could end up with it looking crap and messing with the edges / sewing etc. Decided to make my ‘Honda Access’ version using 4th gen emblems and some new fitted mats.

It seems the emblems started life silver and had been painted in gold to (whether intended or not) resemble a Caramac chocolate bar. Gave them a sand down and a few coats of Cosmic Grey (left over from my EP3). Used a touch up pen to add extra paint to the Prelude background to darken it and few coats of clear coat just on the letters (sprayed the clear coat on the H).

Just taping them in place for now as can’t decide if they’re better where I have them or if they should be off-centre like the factory ones.

Overall I’m quite happy with the result, £40 total cost.

P.s. Have a radio and cd changer to put in (has the OG Honda Japan headunit with FM up to 91.00) but the wiring needs changing and the disc changer is too big for the current boot ledge. Bottom of my list though for now along with the sat nav change.
Last edited by R-Type on Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

R-Type

My first Prelude

Post by R-Type » Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:14 pm

R-Type

My first Prelude

Post by R-Type » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:25 pm

Does anyone know where I could acquire replacement cornering lights (side of the bumper) or at least the housings for them? Really struggling to find anything suitable.

R-Type

My first Prelude

Post by R-Type » Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:40 pm

Return to “Lude Profiles”