Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Finaly got it cleaned :)

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
funkmasterjay
My Generation: 5G

Post by funkmasterjay » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:36 am

Best of luck getting it sorted. Nice car though.

J

preludebaz1977
PSN GamerTag: itr16v

Post by preludebaz1977 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:43 am

hmm such a shame that its dont mentioned on the selling of the car , im looking at going over 110% just to make sure everything is ok when i get one.And im picking things up from all these guys .

I know what it is to have oil leaks as my v6 oil cooler blew causing loads of oil and water mixing in the water jacket around the oil cooler and my car had leaks for ages , i had to use some daz to flush old oil from the pipes around 20+ times,even the header tank still looks murky as i just couldnt get it spotless.

as well as changing old warped plastic cam covers for alloy late spec type cam covers as they leaked like you wouldnt believe .

hope you sort things with the areas that need doing
Looking for a Gen5 Lude very soon....

Liamdh

Re: Finaly got it cleaned :)

Post by Liamdh » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:52 pm

Well just fixed the fuel leak after leaving it at the garage just down the road from me all day while I went to bed (I work nights)

They took the plastic cover off that covers the pipes, then told me I had to special order the pipes from japan and wait 3 weeks. tried to get me to order them so told him Id see what I could sort

Turned up at work, waited for the boss to do one, then stuck it up on the ramps to find them hadnt put the plastic cover back on :(
Well 8 quid on rubber flexi fuel pipe and 4 clips later its all done, no leaks and looks spot on :)

preludebaz1977
PSN GamerTag: itr16v

Post by preludebaz1977 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:52 am

one part sorted , ive had to replace pipes on my v6 as well that are prone to leaking .

so what other jobs have you got to sort?
Looking for a Gen5 Lude very soon....

Liamdh

Re: Finaly got it cleaned :)

Post by Liamdh » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:08 am

erm the oil leak with seems to be coming from what I think is the vtec valve on the rear cam.
May just be the wrong oil as there was a tub of 5w30 in the boot, maybe to thin I dont know as not sure what shes ment to run.
Then Im hoping I can hit the vtec without loosing the oil and gaining a missfire

Return to “Lude Profiles”