Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Race Lude for the Vtec Challenge

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
Kris!
My Generation: 4G

Re: Race Lude for the Vtec Challenge

Post by Kris! » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:38 pm

Rocketrooney wrote:what sort of roll cage you using and who would be fitting it for you, does it have to be FIA approved
Nope, just needs to be MSA compliant (i.e minimum 6 point bolt in) but I will be having a custom 6 point weld-in as although I would like to go mad, I need to keep the weight down so it will be a mix of CDS and T45.
My mate (Matt @ MEC) will be building the cage from scratch and he has built many of the Vtec Challenges cages over the past few months (they are all built individualy and the tightest fit you will get for a cage) Although he's actually an industrial engineer by trade, he does also have a K20 EK9 Race car so he likes his Honda's and loves motorsport 8-)

Rocketrooney
My Generation: 5G
XBOX GamerTag: rooneyrocket200
PSN GamerTag: mattrooney2003

Post by Rocketrooney » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:41 pm

just say i need a FIA approved cage put in could he do it for me
Racing is Life

nucleustylzlude

Post by nucleustylzlude » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:01 pm

Kris! wrote:
Rocketrooney wrote:what sort of roll cage you using and who would be fitting it for you, does it have to be FIA approved
Nope, just needs to be MSA compliant (i.e minimum 6 point bolt in) but I will be having a custom 6 point weld-in as although I would like to go mad, I need to keep the weight down so it will be a mix of CDS and T45.
My mate (Matt @ MEC) will be building the cage from scratch and he has built many of the Vtec Challenges cages over the past few months (they are all built individualy and the tightest fit you will get for a cage) Although he's actually an industrial engineer by trade, he does also have a K20 EK9 Race car so he likes his Honda's and loves motorsport 8-)
So exciting talking about cages, you posted twice! :lol:

I'll let people have a giggle and then tidy it up! :P

A few interested in cages, worth seeing what he could sort out - you've had a caged road going car (before it went all out), what did you find when it came to insurance?

Kris!

Post by Kris! » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:13 pm

^^^^ :lol: Yeah Cheers :oops:

FIA approved? Can I ask what you need it for? FIA cages cost thousands as they have to be tested by the FIA and only needed for things like WRC Rallying and the higher end of the Motorsport world.
To be honest, I dont really know whats involved in an FIA Cage and although i'm sure he can do it, there may be other requiremts involved so would have to look into.

Nuc.......it was road legal but actualy a tarmac rally car from the off so had it on a traders policy at the time to save the hassle. I've never been down the route of telling Insurance about mods etc so no idea how they feel about cages, but fear most will run a mile.

nucleustylzlude

Post by nucleustylzlude » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:23 pm

Fair enough on the cage front, thought I'd ask. Running a mile is pretty much what I've heard. :(

Insurance to one side, forget FIA - ask him about a 6 point bolt in then. :D

Rocketrooney
My Generation: 5G
XBOX GamerTag: rooneyrocket200
PSN GamerTag: mattrooney2003

Post by Rocketrooney » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:11 pm

I have plans off entering the Irish Touring Car Championship next season and i'm looking to gauge a rough estimate of how much one would be.
Racing is Life

4thgenphil
Supporter 2016

Post by 4thgenphil » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:17 pm

nucleustylzlude wrote:Fair enough on the cage front, thought I'd ask. Running a mile is pretty much what I've heard. :(

FIA and msa are different and as such have different specs for cages ;) has been covered before rob :bat:
:thumbdown:

Kris!

Post by Kris! » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:47 pm

Yeah Irish touring car is MSA spec so £1200 is a rough price for a full weld in custom cage that will fit like a glove ;)

4thgenphil
Supporter 2016

Post by 4thgenphil » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:53 pm

and he fits it aswell? where is this man?! :lol:
:thumbdown:

nucleustylzlude

Post by nucleustylzlude » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:01 pm

4thgenphil wrote:
nucleustylzlude wrote:Fair enough on the cage front, thought I'd ask. Running a mile is pretty much what I've heard. :(

FIA and msa are different and as such have different specs for cages ;) has been covered before rob :bat:

I didn't ask for FIA that was rooney, hence why I said forget it! :bat:

Return to “Lude Profiles”