Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Mercutio's 5G Sir

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
mercutio
LotM Winner
My Generation: 5G

Mercutio's 5G Sir

Post by mercutio » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:41 pm

Here is my Subaru Blue 5G

How it used to look? 8-)

bought from fraser for not a lot of cash to replace my 4g which is now living in wales i have big plans for her as she needs attention given to the areas that are not immediatly visible.
i will post up my build thread in the appropriate section i guess this is the appropriate section thought there might be a place for builds
Last edited by mercutio on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:08 pm, edited 7 times in total.
bristol_bb4 wrote:ahhh a 5th gen, i love 5th gens :D :lol:
Dino wrote:I loves the 5th gen really.... just dont quote me on it... ;)
4thgenphil wrote:Mines 4 1/4 unches mate, sorry

http://www.ludegeneration.co.uk/profile ... -t618.html

Bri
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: funky_bri

Post by Bri » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:48 pm

About bloody time Gary :lol: I do like this lude, I like the seats in there too it realy does look the mutts nutts 8-)

Pushki
Supporter 2015
PSN GamerTag: Luigi_Black

Post by Pushki » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:49 pm

One of my favourite looking fif gen's!
+Rep! ;)
ImageImageImage

JayJay

Post by JayJay » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:54 pm

Haven't seen this one before, great looking lude bud 8-)
Shiny wrote:I sniff dirty pants.

S-LudeDan

Post by S-LudeDan » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:00 pm

amazing color!!! so rich and crisp!!

mercutio
LotM Winner

Re: Mercutio's 5G Sir

Post by mercutio » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:02 pm

Bri wrote:About bloody time Gary :lol: I do like this lude, I like the seats in there too it realy does look the mutts nutts 8-)
cheers Bri yeah i know i thought if we dont start moving over here we will be on Puk forever its hard moving over because i have been over there since it started pretty much. This place isnt very user friendly and doesnt seem to have the info you can get on Puk and it seems bad to abandon Puk its so well known.
yeah i couldnt leave the standard cloth seats in there it was just like sitting in a ford lol so i had to put the s2k seats in there looks much better.

mercutio
LotM Winner

Post by mercutio » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:24 pm

Ok so i have had her for a while and she looks beautiful but thats it really al the money spent on her has been for show if you cant see it its the same as it left the factory :shock:
Now anyone who knows me knows thats not the way i do things i like my cars to have the go more than the show and when i saw this car i thought its a show car so must have had the attention to detail done everywhere i was so wrong so i have set about putting that right.
boring standard interior
more boring standard interior so onto the changes
prelude door sills
s2k seats courtesy of dino i had to remove the 4g seat pans and swap them for my 5g pans took me just over an hour done this before with my 4g :lol: the red on the headrests is flaking off so i will remove it and repaint them when i work out how to remove them without damage.
leather rear seat courtesy of alex although i had to completely remove the cover from my old seat and the leather seat and swap them as the captive nuts on the leather seat were shot luckily i have had experience of removing seat covers .
changed the silver ebay special brace for a megan blue one looks better with the paintwork removed an ebay special intake and added a type S intake and K&n filter and changed the rocker cover for a brighter one :lol:
i havnt fitted this yet as i need to get it painted and the central captive bolt on the original one isnt captive at all so will need some special attention :evil:
Last edited by mercutio on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mercutio
LotM Winner

Post by mercutio » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:30 pm

Suspension
Ok so my plans for the suspension
can we say tein type flex i bought these because of the adjustability of these over the others and that i am going to get an edfc kit.
fully polybushed lca's and i need to get new droplinks front and rear as those are looking worn.
I also will be stripping and painting the uprights but i will go into more detail with all the work when i do the refit.
Antiroll bars i have been told that my tanabe bars will not fit but i am not convinced as i have contacted tanabe and they say the parts are the same, so we will see.
Last edited by mercutio on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mercutio
LotM Winner

Post by mercutio » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:32 pm

The Engine Build
Ok the bit your all interested in the engine what am i planning well it goes something like this. I have slowly and fairly quietly been collecting bits they were all supposed to go on my 4G but events overtook that one.
I have always wanted to do a big power build and boost seems like cheating somehow maybe its just me but i love the sound of a screaming n/a engine.
I used to sit with my dad watching Formula one when it was exciting and listen to the V12's and V10's screaming round the trackthe noise has always stuck with me.
I think thats why my first interest in cars where Alfa's they were easy to work on the engines sang at you i owned loads and played with them all.
Anyway
i bought this off Mataos
a fully ported and polished head
with these stuffed inside
and the full skunk2 valvetrain been told it should rev to 10k but will have to see about that.
ok so that cant be it can it? NO how are the gasses escaping you ask ok you didnt ask that but its my project.
especially made for me by solid fab bisimoto replica manifold i asked for this and it was made for me and i think it not only looks sexy it fits new plan perfectly(with a small modification to the downpipe) as i have an idea thats a little contraversial and could end up being expensive but fairly unique.

Ok so thats the exhaust covered what else hmmmmm oh yeah thats it Intake.
yes thats right ITB's
mmmm sexy :lol:
and this is where my idea took hold i want to reverse the head after speaking with rich he confirmed it could be done and doesnt have to spin backwards just because the head is reversed which means a normal/built gearbox will suffice.
Of course the new idea means there are more things i need to buy like a custom half height rad so the itb's arent sucking in hot air!
ok so the eagle eyed amongst you will have no doubt noticed something on the head
yes coil on plug ignition
this is the controller the sexy part is in the next photo
bottom left is the sexy part of the coil on plug conversion the dizzys replacement.
The other parts are a wideband lambda sensor and afr gauge and finally
the Aem standalone engine management
well not finally as this lot will be held together by
arp bolts both head and main bolts.
now is that really all errrr no
can we say mahle gold pistons now these are high comp pistons i think 12:1 so with the head and skunk2 valves compression may be a little high possibly 13:1 now if it was an alfa engine i wouldnt worry but its not and my experience of screaming honda engines isnt that large so i may need to get a thicker headgasket but i will have that conversation when its being built.
I still need some conrods and arp rod bolts but i am looking for other stuff as well this build may be slow but it will be entertaining and i hope rewarding.
so tell me what you think
Last edited by mercutio on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mercutio
LotM Winner

Post by mercutio » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:37 pm

ok a small update when i woke up this morning my engine bay looked like this

so i went up to see the guys at topgear stockport with a set of twisty metal made by a talented guy called Alan the lads at Topgear are talented with a welding rig now my engine bay looks like this.

so i now have this for sale
Last edited by mercutio on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Lude Profiles”