Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Davey's 4th Gen BA8

Tell us all about your Lude, you know you want to ...
DaveyBa8
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 4G
XBOX GamerTag: DaveyRocket172

Davey's 4th Gen BA8

Post by DaveyBa8 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:27 pm

This is how the relationship started haha, with the BB4.

I basically started stripping down the whole front end, and underneath spraying bits up and trying to fight rust, sprayed up the rocker, and ordered a new gasket set, got the altenator refurbished. All work stopped then. as i didnt know what to do with the car anymore, in between times i bought a Renault clio ph2 172.

I then bough a JDM dohc 2.2 F22b Ba8 prelude (160hp) and sold the clio shortly after to fund the project.

it came with lexus lights lol :?: so swapped them out, and did alot of work underneath the car, swapping shafts, cv joints, bits and pieces to get the car driving good.
swapped interiors as the BB4s is a nicer interior, it also has a electric drivers seat which i rewired into the Ba8s fuse box

Ordered some 40mm cobra lowering springs until i can afford coilovers.

Bought some brand new 16" lightweight racing alloys, ill be spraying them in the summer though, for gunmeatal grey, bronze or black.

I wanted the 282mm discs for the Ba8 so refurbished these up from the BB4

random pic.

was giving this Skunk 2 intake for FREEEEE.

front and rear speakers sorted as OEM ones where well done.

Some new parts
Last edited by DaveyBa8 on Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

rob quilter
Supporter 2014
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: robquilter

Post by rob quilter » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:35 pm

Nice work so far, its looking sweet. I like the white wheels (I am biased to white wheels tho)

Glad to see that French thing went to fund a lude.

;) :lol:
PERFORMANCE PARTS FOR JAPANESE CARS - http://WWW.TOKYOSQUAD.COM

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK - http://WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/TOKYOSQUAD

DaveyBa8
Supporter 2016

Re: davey,s 4th gen Ba8

Post by DaveyBa8 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:50 pm

So the rear centre seat cover was well torn, i bought one of those leather seat covers of Ebay, and re-trimmed it.

ordered some Jap pressed plates and air freshner and stickers.

have this digital heat control unit from the BB4 its like brand new, as theres a few marks on the Ba8s one.

Had taking me months to find one of these, but the auto pop up isint working, so if anyone has a broken one or a working one i will buy it as long as it has the auto pop up springs etc, thanks.

Practising my welding on an old gt turbo panel,

The car failed it NCT test, on rust on the rear quarter, so i cut it out and welded abit in, but im going back at it in the summer to sort a few bits out. But it flew through the NCT then.

Refurbished my front wipers, they where in a bad state.

Got my splitter from the US of A lol,

Got a new alpine double din head unit, suits the car very well, and fills that gap lovely, mind it was very tight to fit so a small bit of shaving of plastic and its in.

Swapped bumpers and boots between the preludes, although there both not the same colour its bearly noticable, plus a full respray is on the cards in the summer. the ones that where on the car where in bad shape so was well worth swapping.

The back end shows another small patch of rust, it wont be a problem at all. i was actully happy to see so little rust and how straight it is.

Swapped.

Got rid of the rear wiper, ordered some bungs on Ebay and seriously happy with it, air tight seal and looks very tidy.

So that brings me up to where im at now today, i just have sprayed and fitted a Gold H badge and i love it, really catches your eye as you walk by. thankd for looking, hope to update as much as i can, its going to be a long road, H22a is going in in roughly 2/3 weeks time.

DaveyBa8
Supporter 2016

Post by DaveyBa8 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:54 pm

rob quilter wrote:Nice work so far, its looking sweet. I like the white wheels (I am biased to white wheels tho)

Glad to see that French thing went to fund a lude.

;) :lol:
Haha thanks lad, that clio was a rocket, but i found it hard to drive on a daily basis, seating position etc wasnt great but was super reliable for me.

honda-hardy
Club Cartographer

Post by honda-hardy » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:03 pm

:think: gold badges on a black lude. idea stolen, nice work, looking good.

DaveyBa8
Supporter 2016

Post by DaveyBa8 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:16 pm

honda-hardy wrote::think: gold badges on a black lude. idea stolen, nice work, looking good.
Thanks man, In the flesh its far far nicer, defo worth doing, but if thats your lude in the pic below your name, then the gold badge might clash with the chrome grill one, as i put it on the back to see and it clashes with the chrome prelude badge, but ill either spray that to (as i have a spare) or take it away. unless you ment i stole your idea then all that info will be irrelevant lol , as i know the gold badge isint a new thing,

Actually just looking at yours the gold H and a gold type S badge against black would look insanely good imo.

honda-hardy
Club Cartographer

Post by honda-hardy » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:29 pm

DaveyBa8 wrote:
honda-hardy wrote::think: gold badges on a black lude. idea stolen, nice work, looking good.
Thanks man, In the flesh its far far nicer, defo worth doing, but if thats your lude in the pic below your name, then the gold badge might clash with the chrome grill one, as i put it on the back to see and it clashes with the chrome prelude badge, but ill either spray that to (as i have a spare) or take it away. unless you ment i stole your idea then all that info will be irrelevant lol , as i know the gold badge isint a new thing,

Actually just looking at yours the gold H and a gold type S badge against black would look insanely good imo.
i was thinking about sorting the type s badge out as well. na never meant you you stole my idea, im stealing yours., but like you said,, it isnt a new thing. :twisted:

ADS1
Supporter 2014

Post by ADS1 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:30 pm

My bb4 has gold badges, from the factory afaik. They need refurb tho. I was thinking of spraying them, but not sure how they would look.
Car looking good bud :)

ddoubledanny
LotM Winner
PSN GamerTag: Ddoubledanny

Post by ddoubledanny » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:49 pm

Nice work bud 8-)

4thgenphil
Supporter 2016

Post by 4thgenphil » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:50 pm

jesus where have you been hiding?