Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Hi everyone

New member? Introduce yourself here!
Enda
My Generation: 4G

Post by Enda » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:31 pm

Greg-SiR wrote:http://postimage.org/ is what i use for image hosting,simples.

What color did you go for?

Texas what :!:

Just get a swappy in there,you can take the whole dash out in 15 mins,and 2 in 25 mins :lol:

Nothing like getting held back on project cars,but it does give you more time to acquire more nice parts too ;)
Thanks for that info.
We went with Imola Red, very close to original colour just a tad lighter. We are also colour-coding the sills and lower bumpers. She should be back in a couple of weeks and i'll be preparing for NCT.
Once she's back on the road we will probably be looking at modernising the suspension, not modify just modernise. That and replace brake lines from a safety point of view. Any advise or if its not broken don't fix?

Greg-SiR
Supporter 2016

Post by Greg-SiR » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:45 pm

Stick to the if it's not broken don't fix till you get used to the car and it starts seeing Km's again.
With both my cars it's hard to see what they need till say you've seen a good 1000kms or so in them then you will feel the bumps and wobbles and all the small noises and smells and check lights but you may be lucky!

Get it in for the Nct and that will set you straight,it should be good if it gets out on a few small things bar something like emissions failure.

Plenty of spares around Ireland and Uk for these cars,i have even got parts sent over from home on occasions or in families luggage :lol:

Imola Red is nice,not too flash but very suited for the cars era.
95 Lighty Bb4

92 Bb2/4 Si Vtec daily slogger

Enda

Post by Enda » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:10 pm

Thanks Greg, I'll see what the nice people at the NCT have to say when the time comes. Besides from the suspension the other area of interest is giving the engine bay a good tidy over but this can wait till after the summer, theres corrosion on a lot of the aluminium and brackets and the rocker cover could do with a powder coat, heat shield over the mani, rad brackets etc.
Luckily the interior is in very good shape and all thats needed to leave it perfect is a new gearstick gator. I don't see any for sale so I may have one made.

Greg-SiR
Supporter 2016

Post by Greg-SiR » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:36 am

Just get one of thee gators http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FOR-HONDA-PR ... Yc9AL5lHdA

I put one in mine along with a matching handbrake one,great quality and lasting well,just gone a year and a half and no probs.

For the rocker cover just get some wrinkle Vht paint or similar from Halfrauds or Ebay,i've taken the heatshield off the mani on both my cars,not a fan of them painted,all the rest of the metal brackets can be cleaned and painted too,small touches but if you like your engine bay to be as good as the rest of your car you won't mind getting stuck in ;)

Whats the estimated time waiting for a test these days?
95 Lighty Bb4

92 Bb2/4 Si Vtec daily slogger

Enda

Re: Hi everyone

Post by Enda » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:39 am

Cheers for that Greg. I thought about 3 to 4 weeks but herself booked in her mini cooper last Tuesday and had it tested last Friday. I don't know if this is the norm or if she was just lucky.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Return to “New Members”