Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Newbie with 3G project on the go....

New member? Introduce yourself here!
Metalhead
My Generation: 3G

Post by Metalhead » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:08 pm

h10ndr wrote:I am from the Honda revolutions era...showing my age.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk
Hi Tim! Hope you're doing well and still playing with Preludes? I remember your dark blue Gen4 (UKDM) at the shows!
My 3rd Gen SE Manual Restoration and Preservation Project CLICK HERE

Metalhead

Post by Metalhead » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:09 pm

RattyMcClelland wrote:
Greg wrote:Welcome I remember Honda Revolutions, I can't remember the name of the guy who used to track race a 3g on there but his use name was 88SE met him when I sold him a gearbox. He was a funny guy :mrgreen:

He's still on Prelude power. Bigger 3rd gen community there.
Jon(ion)?

Greg

Post by Greg » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:10 pm

Metalhead wrote:
RattyMcClelland wrote:
Greg wrote:Welcome I remember Honda Revolutions, I can't remember the name of the guy who used to track race a 3g on there but his use name was 88SE met him when I sold him a gearbox. He was a funny guy :mrgreen:

Jon(ion)?
Yep thats the one, he's had more 3g's than me I think! Im on 9 at the moment :-)

Metalhead

Post by Metalhead » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:53 am

Greg wrote:
Metalhead wrote:
RattyMcClelland wrote:

Jon(ion)?
Yep thats the one, he's had more 3g's than me I think! Im on 9 at the moment :-)

9???? :o I've only had 3 plus one 'breaker' but then again, I first owned in around 1992 so that's something I guess? :D

Oh, I've been good mates with Jon for well over 15 years - top fella. We have a mutual appreciation of 2Gs and 3Gs! (and maybe other cars too!). He's very active on PP where he gets to wind up the most Americans! :-)

Greg, did you have the XX for sale? I was going to get in touch about it - If you see a facelift car for sale please let me know, I'm desperate for parts!

Cheers,

~Phil.

VTECfan
Supporter 2015

Post by VTECfan » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:58 pm

Hello.

Good work on the 3g so far. I have a 3g too (a manual pre facelift 90 2.0i BA07 ,no AC sadly) it's a bit of a rolling restoration.

I have so far removed a load of rust from within the sunroof recess, replaced rear brakes, discs pads and...Calipers that were seized and rusted to death it took as you say think of a job time double it and add more time lol.

I want to overhaul the suspension and fit coilovers if poss. I would like to polybush it if you know of a supplier for those I would love to know. Finding parts for a 3g has seems to be quite a challenge.

firstlude
My Generation: 4G

Post by firstlude » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:51 pm

success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm :D :D

Metalhead

Post by Metalhead » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:25 am

VTECfan wrote:Hello.

Good work on the 3g so far. I have a 3g too (a manual pre facelift 90 2.0i BA07 ,no AC sadly) it's a bit of a rolling restoration.

I have so far removed a load of rust from within the sunroof recess, replaced rear brakes, discs pads and...Calipers that were seized and rusted to death it took as you say think of a job time double it and add more time lol.

I want to overhaul the suspension and fit coilovers if poss. I would like to polybush it if you know of a supplier for those I would love to know. Finding parts for a 3g has seems to be quite a challenge.
Thanks - I think this project will be around 12-18 months given the amount of bodywork. Just found the engine is down on 2 cylinders and like most 3Gs it looks like the CHG has failed between cyl 2 and 3. More jobs on the list!

Bushes shouldn't be a problem. If you're stuck for anything you can get most bits from the USA via www.rockauto.co.uk Shipping can be expensive but the parts are very reasonably priced so it's not too bad. Only parts not available are the rear upper ball joints - just can't find them anywhere! As for coilovers - there's not much choice sadly and the prices (Around £700) aren't cheap either. Think I'll be going for regular shocks and some new springs - mine are the original and although not leaking I can't imagine they've got much more life in them!

bennyboy
Art Mechanic
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: OCbennyboy

Post by bennyboy » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:14 am

Hi @Metalhead :Hello: I too am a relic from the Honda-R days! :D

Welcome Phil, I remember you and your cars from back then, great to see you on here.
I think I still have my Revolutions keyring somewhere...
UKDM BB1 H22A8 NH561P 244bhp 173lbft

'Nigella'

www.benaskem.co.uk

Metalhead

Post by Metalhead » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:47 am

Hey Ben! There's still a good few of us still playing with Hondas, good to see you are too!

Here's my old keyring!!! :o

Return to “New Members”