Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

New member, oldish Lude

New member? Introduce yourself here!
NikaLude
My Generation: 4G

Post by NikaLude » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:22 am

Welcome to LG :D :D :D :D

mart609
LotM Winner
XBOX GamerTag: mart609
PSN GamerTag: mart609

Post by mart609 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:00 am

Hi and welcome

sol-lude
PSN GamerTag: Lude_666

Post by sol-lude » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:56 am

Welcome :)

Drax

Post by Drax » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:49 pm

TitzonToast wrote:
Drax wrote:What ECU are you getting bud?

If you install the atr manifold it will need to be modified slightly to fit, but not much :)

If you install that ok, you'll loose power until you get it remapped. Once a remap is done I'd say you could get up to 200 bhp maybe a little more but you'd benefit from getting better cams from an atr/h22a8 or type s fitted as well

I've bought a reconditioned & chipped P28 ECU from an American store on eBay. It's a bit of a crapshoot, I know, but his rating is high and he's sold hundreds of them. All the capacitors have been replaced. I had to send him my engine code and what mods I am planning install.
My plan is to get to a rolling road to get a full custom map when I get everything installed.
When my intake arrives I'm gonna start a build thread and hopefully I can get some help with what needs doing.
Will the Accord unit take much modifying to fit to my Prelude's engine please? The injectors and fuel rail are included in my kit.
you say "chipped", with what? :)

yeh get a build thread up and everyone will dive in with any questions you have :D
2.2 JDM DOHC SI-VTEC LSD TCS 4WS ABS BB1 MANUAL 1992
FOR PAUL

TitzonToast
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: TitzonToast

Post by TitzonToast » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:09 pm

I won't lie, I haven't got a clue what chip is coming with it.
I'm told it can be remapped if needed. That's as much as I know.
It's either gonna work out great or end up in tears!
Tamquam Pullum Gustavit

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:48 pm

Welcome to the club bud :)

To benefit the most from the ATR inlet manifold you'll also need to upgrade your header and exhaust. There's no point drawing more air into the engine if you can't expel it just as fast. Also if you're going to the effort of the ATR manifold and exhaust, you may as well at least go for the more aggressive a7/a8 cams, otherwise you really will noise little difference.

Also, the success of all those mods put together solely depends on the map, and a map from some random chap in America is very unlikely to make the most of those mods or even work. The P28 is the right ecu for modifying and tuning, but you really should be looking at collaborating it with the likes of Hondata S300 or similar... Not a "chip" that is likely to just adjust your fuelling and vtec point.

None of what I said is cheap though. You're looking at £600-800 for the Hondata and tune, and depending on your mods, a decent exhaust, at least £250, header, at least £300 and cams are about £100 second hand. And you'll see about 210-220 bhp and early 170s torque.

TitzonToast
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: TitzonToast

Post by TitzonToast » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:07 pm

Cheers for the advice and the welcome, much appreciated.
I'm chasing an exhaust system as I speak, I've found a couple of tuned type S Ludes over here that the owners are looking to break. Funding is a bit of a problem at the minute though!
My Prelude is not going back on the road again untill about March of next year, I'm gonna take my time over the winter and get her back in pristine condition for the summer.
In the meantime I've a list of wanted stuff as long as my leg!
Tamquam Pullum Gustavit

Return to “New Members”