Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

New Member - Project SamuRAT...

New member? Introduce yourself here!
ProjectSamuRAT
My Generation: 5G

New Member - Project SamuRAT...

Post by ProjectSamuRAT » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:53 pm

Hey all, and thank you for what I can already tell is an incredibly cool community to be a part of. I have been into jap cars for a little while and had a big hankering (still do) for an S15.. As I couldn't afford a quality import just yet a friend of mine, also a big jap-head pointed me towards these beauties. The Prelude struck a real chord with my love of all things 90s, being a child of the period the sleek, boxy 5th Gen was just the ticket. I am very happy to say I bit the bullet and got myself a 5th Gen 2.0si Manual, 139k on the clock. She runs a dream but she needs a new clutch soon but to the exciting bit...

I'm gonna rat the bitch... Any help on which path to go down; fake-rust paint, no paint, or even patina maintenance would be super useful. I'm also planning on working the H20 over with an intercooler, cone filter, new plugs and injectors, forged head and eventually a banshee screaming super-charger! She's gonna be a relatively low-key rat with the aim at 240bhp at the wheels. Offensive enough to body lemonade off the locals, sexy enough to excite the petrol-heads.

First port of call though ladies and gents... open to any and all suggestions uncambered - 215/40/17 wheels, what should I go for? Im between thin 5 spokes powder-coated florescent green, or some thicker beasts low-gloss black... Hit me
:twisted: Project SamuRAT - The Rude 'Lude With a 'Tude... :twisted:

Sailor
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 0G

Post by Sailor » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:05 pm

Each to his own, I say ...
International Pensioner of Mystery

mart609
LotM Winner
My Generation: 4G
XBOX GamerTag: mart609
PSN GamerTag: mart609

Post by mart609 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:45 am

Hi and welcome.
If ya wanna go real rat your gonna need a grinder and a flap disc. take that to bare metal and then rub salt over it. instant rust in 24hrs.
you will end up with something like this

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:37 pm

Hi and welcome.
that will certainly be a first for the forum - we haven't had a rat look prelude, or a supercharged F20.
Fake rust paint looks better than real rust IMO, based on watching rat rod programmes on TV/seeing them at shows, versus 'real rust' cars seen as shows.
We do have a resident rat rod fan on here crazy_c

Crazy_C
My Generation: 3G

Post by Crazy_C » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:59 pm

Ratting is always good if done right. I've built a few rat rods and rat cars over the years, and I will always opt for real rust over take rust every time. But that's because I'm a purist like that! Lol.

There are several ways to get a ratty look without rust though. One of my personal favourites is feathering the paint through various layers to get a patina effect. Takes a lot of effort but the end result can be amazing.

The main thing is though, just enjoy it and the process. It's great having a car where you don't care about dents and scratches. And you can always experiment new ideas and if it doesn't work, nothing lost!!
4thgenphil wrote:you're odd and that made me crap myself!
RattyMcClelland wrote:Dom with a fag in his mouth. A rare sight. :lol:
nitin_s1 wrote:I am Nitin, motha fucka!
mart609 wrote:It wasn't a good look standing around stratching my nuts every 5 minutes. Never again :lol:

toadster

Post by toadster » Tue May 01, 2018 12:36 am

Crazy_C wrote:Ratting is always good if done right. I've built a few rat rods and rat cars over the years, and I will always opt for real rust over take rust every time. But that's because I'm a purist like that! Lol.

There are several ways to get a ratty look without rust though. One of my personal favourites is feathering the paint through various layers to get a patina effect. Takes a lot of effort but the end result can be amazing.

The main thing is though, just enjoy it and the process. It's great having a car where you don't care about dents and scratches. And you can always experiment new ideas and if it doesn't work, nothing lost!!
Blimey Crazy :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
That's a name from the past :mrgreen:
I'm not a great fan of the rat look :? but I'm OLD :lol:
Cheers ;)
Toadster

sol-lude
PSN GamerTag: Lude_666

Post by sol-lude » Tue May 01, 2018 9:58 am

Welcome and looking forward to seeing the Rat build.

Jesus Crazy...I had to check the date of the post after seeing the Zoidberg :lol:

Is this a welcome back?

mynameisowen
My Generation: 3G
PSN GamerTag: mynameisowen

Post by mynameisowen » Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

Welcome!
'91 BA7 White B20A7 4WS 2.0-16
'98 BB8 Green H22A5 Motegi VTi

Merlin
PSN GamerTag: Merlinbadman

Post by Merlin » Tue May 01, 2018 1:10 pm