Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Classic Insurance

New member? Introduce yourself here!
cobbvo
My Generation: 5G

Classic Insurance

Post by cobbvo » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:03 am

Hi all , just recently purchased a 1998 vti , it's going to be a a summer toy maybe 3000miles a year max , what I was wondering is who would be the best for classic insurance what sort of prices should I be looking at I'm 41 and the car will be garaged

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

Post by NafemanNathan » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:22 am

You could try Lancaster Insurance. I've been with them in the past as no-one came close to beating them.

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?
My Generation: 4G

Post by wurlycorner » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:24 pm

Adrian Flux, Prestige etc. advertise on the forum and all have discount schemes as a member of this club;
Clicky link to section of forum

crxdriver

Post by crxdriver » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:03 pm

I pay £260 through Adrian Flux. That's Classic car insurance on the 5th gen 2.2 vtec with mods declared (nothing mental though just lowering, exhaust ect) Im 32 with max no claims. Not that that matters so much on classic insurance as far as im aware. You should be looking at cheaper i would have thought but it at least gives you an idea. I get 4ooo miles a year allowance.

DAN_ADRIAN FLUX

Post by DAN_ADRIAN FLUX » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:07 pm

Hi,
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. If you wanted to PM me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.

cobbvo

Post by cobbvo » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:42 pm

Thanks all , went with Adrian flux in the end £221

DAN_ADRIAN FLUX

Post by DAN_ADRIAN FLUX » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:10 am

cobbvo wrote:Thanks all , went with Adrian flux in the end £221
Hi again,

I'm glad that we were able to assist and welcome you as a Flux policyholder.

Regards,

Dan

cobbvo

Post by cobbvo » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:41 pm

DAN_ADRIAN FLUX wrote:Hi,
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. If you wanted to PM me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.
well you were the best until today I phoned up to make an amendment the day before I pick the car up and you wanted an extra £151 on top of the £221 just for an OEM spec stainless exhaust and civic wheels so I went with Lancaster who got it for me for £241 with the same insurer that you were using so how do you figure that out ? Absolutely terrible way to treat customers
Last edited by cobbvo on Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DAN_ADRIAN FLUX

Post by DAN_ADRIAN FLUX » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:51 pm

cobbvo wrote:
Regards,
Dan.
well you were the best until today I phoned up to make an amendment the day before I pick the car up and you wanted an extra £151 on top of the £221 just for an OEM spec stainless exhaust and civic wheels
Hi again,

I'm not sure we'd increase the premium by that amount solely on 2 minor modifications. I would like to look into this so if you could message me your full name / postcode I can view your file?

Regards,

Dan

cobbvo

Post by cobbvo » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:18 pm

DAN_ADRIAN FLUX wrote:
cobbvo wrote:
Regards,
Dan.
well you were the best until today I phoned up to make an amendment the day before I pick the car up and you wanted an extra £151 on top of the £221 just for an OEM spec stainless exhaust and civic wheels
Hi again,

I'm not sure we'd increase the premium by that amount solely on 2 minor modifications. I would like to look into this so if you could message me your full name / postcode I can view your file?

Regards,

Dan
Jamie Fowler , CF52AU , and you did and like I said. Lancaster got me the deal with the same insurer you were using !!!!

Return to “New Members”