Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

New to lude

New member? Introduce yourself here!
Ludemarge87
My Generation: 5G
XBOX GamerTag: Mrbig87z

New to lude

Post by Ludemarge87 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:09 pm

Hello all! I just got a 5th Gen 99' 2.2 vtec vti manual.. was looking for a while and this one popped up! I love it and love Vtec! I had an accord 2.0se which i loved...but wanted type r.. had a civic but was non vtec and auto but loved it's coupe looks.. so the prelude is a step up for me and I love it! I would like to add some sound.. a friend put a buddy club system on his integra dc2 and suggested this as an option? I don't want to hurt the performance and I realise I won't get big gains from exhaust and induction etc... is it worth doing? This is a long term project.. not going to spend masses of money but a couple of grand + over a period of 12month would be realistic.. thanks for having me :D

Andyjess666

Re: New to lude

Post by Andyjess666 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:50 pm

Hi mate an welcome lots of advice here and meets where you based

toadster

Post by toadster » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:52 pm

Hi :)
Welcome along to LG :geek:
Get some piccies up 8)
Red top engine manual very nice :mrgreen:
Cheers ;)
Toadster

ATR84
XBOX GamerTag: mike84n

Post by ATR84 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:44 am

Hey and welcome. If you want more noise, there are plenty of exhaust options. I have skunk 2 megapower and decat on mine and it is loud, but in a good kind of way :-) As I say there are loads of other exhausts as well such as buddyclub, apexi, invidia and fujitsubo.

Best gains for the intake would probably be to get a type s intake and drop a k and n panel filter in. Or if it's just noise you want the k&n typhoon system sounds pretty epic in my book.

tom023
Supporter 2016

Post by tom023 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:19 am

Welcome!
Seeing as it's black friday make the most of it and have a look on htune and the likes at exhausts. There isn't as much variety as say with the Civics, but there is still various to choose from.
If you do not want to spend much I'd reccommend typeS intake as mentioned above and a decent exahust system.

Ludemarge87

New to lude

Post by Ludemarge87 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:58 pm

Hey there I am based in Bracknell Berkshire

Ludemarge87

New to lude

Post by Ludemarge87 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:07 pm

Thanks for the welcomes, I am from Bracknell, only seen 2 other ludes recently on the road in my area. I like the fact they are getting rarer ! I just got the motegi lips and skirts off another lude, not fitted yet. Also got the speedline wheels too as I like the look and they are a cheap upgrade to the current alloys I have. I will probs go with Skunk 2 exhaust 😁. I have read about the type S intake being pretty decent so may go that way if I can get my hands on one. Any meets in my general area? Anyone hitting the first Jap fest of the year? I will be going along. Hope to see some ludes. Not been too many last year or so unless I've just missed them!!
Cheers 😁

toadster

New to lude

Post by toadster » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:34 pm

Lo Matey :D
Your Lude should already have the type S intake as it was fitted as standard to 99 models onwards 8)
Cheers ;)
Toadster
PS Or is it 2000 onwards :?: :?
Last edited by toadster on Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

norks27
Supporter 2016

New to lude

Post by norks27 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:15 pm

Welcome to LG and enjoy your new addiction :D

ATR84
XBOX GamerTag: mike84n

New to lude

Post by ATR84 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:26 am

Ludemarge87 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:07 pm
Thanks for the welcomes, I am from Bracknell, only seen 2 other ludes recently on the road in my area. I like the fact they are getting rarer ! I just got the motegi lips and skirts off another lude, not fitted yet. Also got the speedline wheels too as I like the look and they are a cheap upgrade to the current alloys I have. I will probs go with Skunk 2 exhaust 😁. I have read about the type S intake being pretty decent so may go that way if I can get my hands on one. Any meets in my general area? Anyone hitting the first Jap fest of the year? I will be going along. Hope to see some ludes. Not been too many last year or so unless I've just missed them!!
Cheers 😁
I am probably about an hour from you, I live in the Gatwick area. Definitely up for a meet when the weather improves. I have the Skunk2 on mine if you want to have a listen in person before you buy one.

In terms of shows, this forum will organise a stand for Japfest I believe, so make sure you put your name down for that, it should appear in the meets section soon hopefully.......

I might go to Mimms on the 31st of March, a few others from here are going to that as well.

Return to “New Members”