Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Hi everyone

New member? Introduce yourself here!
Mark
My Generation: 5G

Hi everyone

Post by Mark » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:13 pm

Just joined the forum, im currently in the process of saving a 5th gen Prelude thats been sat in a garden for 4 years. Ive been in the Honda game for a while, worked on everything from CRX to NSX but never once have i even driven a Prelude, so this is a first for me..

Car came with Koni shocks and Tein springs, also have a set of OEM shocks on Eibach springs, got a few other good bits like JDM interior, S2000 seats, H22A block, PDE intake manifold to be fitted and some other bits.
Im currently braking my Accord Type S which has ATR twin pot calipers on so im going to see if they fit on the Prelude too.

Il probably been lurking about the for sale threads as theres a few things i might need to pick up.

Cheers :D

newkid
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 4G
PSN GamerTag: spaz_ma_taz

Hi everyone

Post by newkid » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:50 pm

Welcome.

Atr twin pots can fit 2 ways. Just swap calipers an you keep the prelude 282 setup or swap the calipers and carriers along with atr discs an your then running a 300mm setup.

vanzep
Supporter 2016

Hi everyone

Post by vanzep » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:57 pm

you could swap the eibach springs onto the koni shocks if the teins have corroded ;)
sounds like youve got enough good parts to get started :)
1996-2000 1993 EG9 Blue Civic 1.6 Vti - Traded in against the BB4
2000-2019 1994 2WS BB4 Milano Red JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD

2015 on > 1991 4WS BB1 Phantom Pearl Grey JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD
2021 ON > 1998 2WS BB6 White Pearl JDM Prelude Si VTEC

Mark

Hi everyone

Post by Mark » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:02 pm

newkid wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:50 pm
Welcome.

Atr twin pots can fit 2 ways. Just swap calipers an you keep the prelude 282 setup or swap the calipers and carriers along with atr discs an your then running a 300mm setup.
Good to know, i have new 282 discs here but no pads. My ATR pads and discs are almost metal to metal so il run the 282 with the ATR caliper for now, il just sort out cheapo pads for the time being.

I actually bought a DC2 spoon carbon bonnet off you about 10 years ago newkid, i came through with my mate and we managed to fit it in the back of a mk4 fiesta, i think alot of the parts i have for this Prelude came from you too funnily enough. Small world
vanzep wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:57 pm
you could swap the eibach springs onto the koni shocks if the teins have corroded ;)
sounds like youve got enough good parts to get started :)
Tein springs are as new, ive dealt with severe corrosion on their coilovers before so im always wary of them. As far as i know, Tein were aware about the situation and have since remedied the issue, or so i was told my one of their sales reps..

toadster

Hi everyone

Post by toadster » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:27 pm

Lo :D
Welcome along and good luck getting Your Lude up and running :mrgreen:
Cheers ;)
Toadster

newkid
Supporter 2016
PSN GamerTag: spaz_ma_taz

Hi everyone

Post by newkid » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:34 pm

I mind that!!!

Still can't believe it fitted :lol:

Atr prelude pads are the same from memory so should easily get a cheap set to do you initially.

Wouldn't surprise me if they did. I did sell a koni/tein setup years back. Think I painted the konis black. :lol:

Scott560

Hi everyone

Post by Scott560 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:05 am

yeah the ATR pads and prelude 282 pads are the same size / fitment.

300mm ATR discs + twin pots + ATR carriers is a working combo and fits under the 16inch standard wheels (just, hope you don't have any fat wheel weights!).
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

Mark

Hi everyone

Post by Mark » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:24 pm

The car is currently on 17" 2007 Accord wheels so clearance wont be an issue thankfully. Im basically trying to do this as cheaply as possible. The only real thing wrong with the car is the 4WS light on the dash which i havent looked into yet. Bushes and ball joints are all starting to perish but il chip away at that over time, it doesnt need much to pass an MOT, needs 2 tyres which il take off my Accord Type S, need to investigate the 4WS light and it needs a battery ( which il also take from my Accord )

Looks like its had a timing belt in its lifetime too which is reassuring, il throw another one on it in the comming months though. Its still on an auto tensioner and il probably retain that setup as opposed to switching to a manual tensioner, the car is on 130k and im confident an auto tensioner will last the rest of the cars life.

Are there any benefits putting an ATR head or similar on this? im not so clued up on H series so i dont know which has the best cams or if they can be interchanged without changing valvetrain?

Thanks for the input so far :thumbup:

Kylenorco30

Hi everyone

Post by Kylenorco30 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:58 pm

Welcome if you need any bits I'm stripping one for parts :D :D :D

Mark

Hi everyone

Post by Mark » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:17 pm

The only thing i need immediately is a headstud used to bolt the rocker cover down, one of the nuts had been cross threaded and ruined the stud.

Other parts i need in the future are, black carpet, front strut brace, ficus green bootlid (to save me painting mines) JDM rear bumper would be nice because the rear fog light really lets the car down in my opinion. If i could pick up the parts to convert my intake manifold locally that would be nice, as opposed to buying from the US. I also quite like the look of the USDM front fogs as opposed to the small round UK ones.

Got a few potential plans for the car but the immediate plan is just get it taxed, tested and insured again. :)

Return to “New Members”