Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Hi everyone

New member? Introduce yourself here!
Kylenorco30
My Generation: 4G

Hi everyone

Post by Kylenorco30 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:36 pm

Probably got one of those I think . Where are you based ?

Mark
My Generation: 5G

Hi everyone

Post by Mark » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:44 pm

Im based in West Lothian, Scotland. My cars going to be off the road as of tommorow night so im stuck for transport until i get the Prelude sorted.

Il pay whatever you want for it and the postage costs obviously :D

Kylenorco30

Hi everyone

Post by Kylenorco30 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:25 pm

I'll dig a few out tomorrow night and let you know

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Hi everyone

Post by wurlycorner » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:45 am

Hi and welcome.
As others have said, sounds like you've got a nice little base of modified bits to work with there.
There's no problem with auto tensioners.
PDE head has some benefits over the stock prelude head, but only if you're also swapping the manifold etc at the same time. The biggest benefit you'll get is from the a7 cams - if they're still in that head? You can swap them into your standard head without swapping the heads over, if you'd prefer.

Mark
My Generation: 5G

Hi everyone

Post by Mark » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:57 pm

The intake manifold i have is from a CL1 i think, the block is H22A and the head is from the original H22A8 that came in the car.
Il only drop an ATR head in if it makes sense. I already have to do a timing belt and swap the intake manifold so im not far off removing the whole head, means i can do the stem seals, head gasket etc too.
The engine work wont come til a later date, going to focus on cleaning it up first, then sorting the whole braking system.

Got some stuff i need turning up in the next few days so im hoping to have most of it back together by the end of next week. Ive just taken my Accord to my lock up so i can strip the front calipers off it for the Prelude and buy a rebuild kit for them too.

Still needing a rocker cover stud is someone has one available?

Return to “New Members”