Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

5th gen prelude project

New member? Introduce yourself here!
Lude Tim
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: magnatonic

5th gen prelude project

Post by Lude Tim » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:36 pm

Hi all! This is my first post on here so I thought I would introduce myself and at the same time ask for your help if you dont mind :D I've just bought myself a 1998 5th gen 2.2 manual prelude which is in need of some love and attention. I'm in the process of getting prices together to have the rear arches cut and re-welded (very bad rust :cry: ) the bonnet has also rusted through but I've been told it would be easier and cheaper to just get another one, and this is where I was hoping someone may be of some help :D a simple Google search hasn't been to helpful, and I really couldn't afford a carbon fiber one as most of my budget is going on the arches, a full service and cambelt change. So does anyone know of someone who may have a 5th gen bonnet they're wanting to sell? The car is silver but I am eventually getting a full re-spray later down the line.
Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place this is my first time joining a forum/owners club :D
Cheers
Tim
1998 5th gen 2.2VtiS 4ws (Bought for £850 but she needs a lot of work :crazy: )

Andyjess666

5th gen prelude project

Post by Andyjess666 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:55 pm

Where are you mate just in case someone near you can help have you checked out ebay there's a few breakers on there

Lude Tim
PSN GamerTag: magnatonic

5th gen prelude project

Post by Lude Tim » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:01 pm

I'm in ferndown, Dorset and I did contact a couple of breakers on ebay but they didnt want to deliver and one of them was worse than the one I'm trying to replace.
Tim
1998 5th gen 2.2VtiS 4ws (Bought for £850 but she needs a lot of work :crazy: )

NafemanNathan
LotM Winner
My Generation: 0G

5th gen prelude project

Post by NafemanNathan » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:26 am

Welcome to the club Tim. I don't know of any at the minute, but I'll keep my eyes peeled. I'm not too far away in Yeovil in Somerset :)

Return to “New Members”