Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Greetings... :)

New member? Introduce yourself here!
OEM+
My Generation: 5G

Post by OEM+ » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:53 pm

...I'm Jay - a former lurker, recently joined up as it's now time to join in and say Hi!

After some searching, I'm chuffed to say I that finally found the Prelude for me, a solid W-reg 2.2VTi 2WS Auto with 85k... loving it so far, it's a real credit to it's two former keepers.

As my username suggests, I'm keen to keep the car standard-ish (especially in the understated exterior lines department) but I'll be open to the subtle upgrade of any parts that require replacement over time... I've no doubt I'll be looking to you forum members for suspension and brake advice before long!

So far, my 'lude has received a neat DAB head unit install, clear indicator repeaters and had all but the 'H' badges removed... headlight bulb upgrades and front fogs will be my winter projects.

Lurking days now behind me, I'm looking forward to being an active member of the forum, and to any meets I can squeeze around work.

I'll post pics when I figure out how but, in the meantime, you can find my pride and joy on Instagram, @jjlane.1976

Cheers!
JayIG • 5th Gen 2.2VTi 2WS Auto • 91k

Andyjess666

Post by Andyjess666 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:35 pm

Hi mate where are you based

OEM+

Post by OEM+ » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:03 am

Hey, Andyjess666 - I'm based near Reading most of the time, but often find myself venturing down Dorset way.
Last edited by OEM+ on Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toadster

Post by toadster » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:45 am

Lo :D
Welcome along and look forward to seeing piccies of Your Lude :mrgreen:
Cheers ;)
Toadster

OEM+

Post by OEM+ » Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:07 pm

...after something of an unexpected break, I'm finally back in my Prelude - so I thought it'd be a good idea to resurrect my introduction thread!

So, what happened? Well, Covid-related belt-tightening and job changing meant I had to buy a cheap diesel for a longer commute and SORN the Honda; it's spent most of the time since March 2020 parked on my drive and tucked up under a cover, with regular starting and cleaning to keep it in decent running order. Unfortunately, the combination of a careless DHL driver, a disoriented swan, and some low-flying roof tiles have left various dings and dents - so, I'll have to look at doing some paintwork once the weather improves.

covered up for Covid

Fast forward to 2023, I'm now settled into a new home with a new job just down the road - so, I sold off the diesel and spent the last few weeks doing some maintenance jobs to prep the Prelude for an MOT. As I'd noticed a weak spark was making it sluggish to start, I fitted a new battery, alternator, leads, and plugs. It flew through the test with only a couple of minors - I was as impressed as I was relieved at how little work was required.

good to be back in this particular driving seat!

I'm thoroughly enjoying having the old boy back in regular use. I love the knowing nods and appreciation that these cars get - my local Honda dealer was delighted to see it, and even gave me a nice discount on the battery I bought from them.

And, what's next? Well, aside from the planned paintwork rejuvenation, I still have a few 'wants' that I'd like to make happen - namely JDM Foglights and Digital Climate Control, but it seems these items have become really hard to find... I'll be forever grateful to anyone who can point me in the right direction!

Scott560

Post by Scott560 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:31 pm

Glad its back on the road! numbers are dwindling so you're doing a good job.

Original fog lights (either big ones like the indicators or the spot ones) don't pop up on here very often at all.

Occasionally you may see a car being broken on ebay but rare to have fogs. You can get replica fogs but I've only seen them in the large style on ebay.

I'd put up a wanted post, more luck in someone seeing it that way.
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

toadster

Post by toadster » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:48 pm

Hi :D
I fitted a set of JDM front fogs on My Lude as I prefer them to the UK one's 8)
I had to buy a separate harness for it and a non standard illuminated rocker switch for them.
They look great :mrgreen:
Good luck finding a set :thumbup:
Cheers ;)
Toadster

OEM+

Post by OEM+ » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:12 pm

Thanks, Guys!

Yeah, I'd figured the JDM fogs would be difficult to find and possibly less than straightforward to fit - but, I also prefer them to the UK ones, so it'll eventually be worth it.

Speaking of illuminated switches... can anyone tell me if the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel are supposed to be backlit or not?

Scott560

Post by Scott560 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:53 pm

They are not backlit as far as I remember - they only have 3 wires going to them which is only just enough for the switches to function.
'00 UKDM 2.2VTI H22a8
'21 'e' Advance

OEM+

Post by OEM+ » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:09 pm

Good! Means mine aren't knackered, then. 😂

Return to “New Members”