Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Hi new member 5th gen Scotland 😊

New member? Introduce yourself here!
TazsLude
My Generation: 5G

Post by TazsLude » Wed May 27, 2020 2:23 am

Well guys I managed to locate a rear bumper support bar by luck and not too far from me I also managed to find an original Japanese Honda sterio head unit with the LCD screen and cassette player and the original prelude jack too πŸ˜‚. I asked 2 separate guys to get back to me with welding lips onto the arches for its not and no one turned up although they seemed to be keen. I'm waiting for an oil cooler and AC condenser so I can put stuff back together again. I gave my bumper support to get powder coated in dark blue so looking forward to that. A also orders the steel braided brake pipes from ebay from a company called wezmoto and I was so excited when I got them delivered they look amazing in Dark blue they look amazing although I tried to replace one but I couldn't break away the break line to the Flexi brake pipe so will leave that to the mechanic.

vanzep
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 4G

Post by vanzep » Wed May 27, 2020 7:55 pm

ahh i had forgotten about the green lude breaking in fife :)
lets us know what goes on with the welding - you could always say there are more preludes nearby that might be interested in getting the same work done :lol:
weizmoto brake flexis - good value - ive bought a set before :thumbup:
1996-2000 1993 EG9 Blue Civic 1.6 Vti - Traded in against the BB4
2000-2019 1994 2WS BB4 Milano Red JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD

2015 on > 1991 4WS BB1 Phantom Pearl Grey JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD
2021 ON > 1998 2WS BB6 White Pearl JDM Prelude Si VTEC

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine
PSN GamerTag: M149YSL

Post by indigolemon » Thu May 28, 2020 11:55 am

Dunfermline eh? :) The pictures you posted did make me think the Wan Lam might be your local Chinese :lol:
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

TazsLude

Post by TazsLude » Fri May 29, 2020 10:45 am

vanzep wrote: ↑
Wed May 27, 2020 7:55 pm
ahh i had forgotten about the green lude breaking in fife :)
lets us know what goes on with the welding - you could always say there are more preludes nearby that might be interested in getting the same work done :lol:
weizmoto brake flexis - good value - ive bought a set before :thumbup:
Mate that Green Lude was a very good one I went to see it and it took me by surprise as the underneath was rusted as. I managed to get the original prelude Jack with original japanese grease on it, the original stereo and the headlight bulb fittings. The rear bumper frame is at Fife powder coating so will see how that turns out in a few days😊 . I need to find someone who will make me a lip and weld it on the arches as the rest is fine and just the lip that's gone but trying to get someone to do anything is like a nightmare I'm just wondering if I'm in the wrong trade and open up a body workshop instead 🀣

TazsLude

Post by TazsLude » Fri May 29, 2020 10:48 am

indigolemon wrote: ↑
Thu May 28, 2020 11:55 am
Dunfermline eh? :) The pictures you posted did make me think the Wan Lam might be your local Chinese :lol:
Omg 🀣 who are you! I bet we have seen each other out and about? I'm not fond of chinese food but it would be my local if it was I dont stay far from it. In all fairness are you from Dunfermline too and do you have a prelude too?

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine

Post by indigolemon » Fri May 29, 2020 10:59 am

TazsLude wrote: ↑
Fri May 29, 2020 10:48 am
I bet we have seen each other out and about? I'm not fond of chinese food but it would be my local if it was I dont stay far from it. In all fairness are you from Dunfermline too and do you have a prelude too?
Ha! I used to stay in Victoria Terrace, and my in-laws live up in Carswell Place :)

I don't have a 'lude atm no, sadly my last one was bummed to death by a Corsa: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=267

So currently I'm rolling around in this: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=21760

If it helps you any - I have a mate who is a mechanic, and currently owns two 'ludes, he has a garage down in Inverkeithing: http://www.fernievehicleservices.co.uk/ :D
'On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.' - Charles Babbage

TazsLude

Post by TazsLude » Fri May 29, 2020 12:27 pm

Fri May 29, 2020 10:59 am
I bet we have seen each other out and about? I'm not fond of chinese food but it would be my local if it was I dont stay far from it. In all fairness are you from Dunfermline too and do you have a prelude too?
Ha! I used to stay in Victoria Terrace, and my in-laws live up in Carswell Place :)

I don't have a 'lude atm no, sadly my last one was bummed to death by a Corsa: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=267

If it helps you any - I have a mate who is a mechanic, and currently owns two 'ludes, he has a garage down in Inverkeithing: http://www.fernievehicleservices.co.uk/ :D
Next thing you will be telling me is his name is Craig 🀣

TazsLude

Post by TazsLude » Fri May 29, 2020 12:29 pm

Fri May 29, 2020 12:27 pm
Fri May 29, 2020 10:59 am

I'm sure I have seen the legend how does it compare with the prelude even though different classes? What was the reg plate on your prelude and colour? My name is Taz by the way everyone knows me in Dunfermline as Taz. It's nice speaking to someone close by 😊

indigolemon
The Chaos Engine

Post by indigolemon » Sat May 30, 2020 11:20 am

Haha! Spoke to Craig yesterday, he told me you two had already met!

My Prelude was a white 4G, M149 YSL - had a domokun on the tailgate - was in Dunfermline for 8 years and had it almost all of that time so very likely you would have seen it around :)

The Legend is a weird one. It's a big comfy cruiser, so definitely not a light GT like the Prelude. But it has a trick AWD system, so it is stupidly good in corners (despite being almost two tons). Both cars put big grins on your face, just in different ways :lol:

Return to β€œNew Members”