Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Hello!

New member? Introduce yourself here!
LeeWallbank
My Generation: 4G

Hello!

Post by LeeWallbank » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:55 am

Hi All,

Just bought my first Honda...it's a Gen 4 H22a and used to belong to someone on here (frontbacksidetoside I believe).

It isn't going to be to everyone's taste - if anyones here :lol:

Doing a bit of a resto on it but refitting the kit and changing things up a little, is there any interest in creating a thread for it here? I'll be staying for info anyway - as I said, it's my first Honda and I will need help :mrgreen:

Lee

Andyjess666
My Generation: 5G

Hello!

Post by Andyjess666 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:20 am

hi mate where you based that's a funky colour but I like it lots of advice on here

Vtecmec
LotM Winner
XBOX GamerTag: vtecmec

Hello!

Post by Vtecmec » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:01 am

Hi and welcome. :wave:
LeeWallbank wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:55 am
is there any interest in creating a thread for it here?
Absolutely. :thumbup:

Drax

Hello!

Post by Drax » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:10 am

welcome! ideal place this for questions & advice :thumbup: plus parts as well, lots of members have spares or know where to get new bits too

what are your plans for her? write a bullet point style list if you like

proper fast & furious decade car this.
2.2 JDM DOHC SI-VTEC LSD TCS 4WS ABS BB1 MANUAL 1992
FOR PAUL

LeeWallbank

Hello!

Post by LeeWallbank » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:23 am

Hi guys - thanks for the repiles, I'll get a thread created for it then!

There's a bit of a following on old 'Max Power' style cars and it seems to be getting a bit of a resurge, It isn't going to be a quick build but I'm going to try and get a day a week on it in between work and other things. I'm based in South Wales, the car is in our shop at Bridgend.

Plans, new wheels - it had 7x19 RS GT wheels that were too far in the arches, back arches were standard so going to cut them back and fit 20's at the back and 19's on the front - with a decent fit.

The rust isn't too bad really, a few plates here and there and then refit the kit and make a few adjustments here and there.

Strip the car to the shell (bar the dash) and bare metal, epoxy prime and then just rebuild.

Polybush everything I can and refurb control arms, etc

Probably have a light rebuild on the engine and looking for a turbo kit - I don't want crazy power for this but just something with a bit of poke )and so you can see the turbo through the front vent!)

Fibreglass install as there are no rear seats - I was going to get some but realised how little room there is anyway so don't see the point - this will still be a 'show car' so only plan to drive it a few times a month or so. I'll keep the boot pretty 'free' to carry stuff properly. Looking at some new front seats as the others were too high - I was hitting my head on the roof and the steering wheel was touching my legs :lolno: - I'm only 6ft too...

Still deciding on paint, have a few ideas but I'll see closer to paint time on what we'll do.

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Hello!

Post by wurlycorner » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:33 pm

Hi and welcome, thanks for joining and thanks so much for posting this up!
As you say, it's definitely not a car that's to everyone's taste, but these sex spec ludes are actually a really important part of 4g history (there used to be loads like this). I remember @FrontBackSide2Side having this and I have often wondered what happened to it. So it's awesome to see that it is being restored!
Would love to have this on our stands at shows :thumbup:

Return to “New Members”