Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

retro fit 5th gen heated seats?

Inside your car, there is an interior. Talk about it here
davey80y
My Generation: 5G

retro fit 5th gen heated seats?

Post by davey80y » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:14 pm

hey all,

sorry if this has been answered before but how easy is it to retro fit OME heated leather seats to a 5th gen?

my cars a 98 with leather but the seats are in a bad way :-( looking at replacing and upgrading at the same time what parts would I need from the donor car and how much wiring should already be there (if any?) or would it just be easier to fit a aftermarket kit?

questions questions......

K30DPC
LotM Winner
My Generation: 4G

Post by K30DPC » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:31 pm

Not sure about wiring in 5g but I believe all wires for heated seats aren't separated from looms. If so then you will have to pull them of from donor car. It's a pita. So if you have some spare wires you can ese them and wire it with circuit diagram from manual. Or use aftermarket loom. This will save you some work.
Also not sure about seats but I believe somebody will have to upholster them for you which is expensive. I was looking for OEM mats for 4g but any from donor cars were useless and new from dealer to expensive for me. So at the end I bought set of mats and looms from china (around 50 quid), then I install all wiring like Honda was doing it with colour coded wires and then I hide adjustable switches from chines set under the seats and all looks like OEM. The advantage is I can set heating temp in 5 steps then just ON/OFF

I have OEM switches with pigtails if you interested. Will go cheap
Last edited by K30DPC on Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cebul
Supporter 2015

Re: Odp: retro fit 5th gen heated seats?

Post by cebul » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:35 pm

I have original 5th gen heated seats kit, removed from 5th gen.

And switches are modified and placed in ash tray in centre consol, looks briliant
ludes are ment to be driven, not wanking around on a stand like a Civic.

Darkam

Post by Darkam » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:48 pm

I've almost done it.

I'm sorry to tell it but in my opinion it's impossible to do this mod fully in the OEM way because peoples are too lazy to take off the relay/wiring from their car. That's my conclusion afte a few months of research.
So I'll finaly go with an aftermarket relay and wire it like K30 on the OEM loom.

If you want some wiring diagramm you can PM me. Don't wire them without the relay like I've done, it may burn your switches.

This is in my opinion, one of the nicest mod to do on a 5th gen interior :)

Return to “Interior”