Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Digital heater controll questions.

Inside your car, there is an interior. Talk about it here
andypont
My Generation: 5G

Post by andypont » Wed May 14, 2014 6:14 pm

I agree with Maruisz, it is a lot of work, but not particularly complicated. I found a few write ups but the only one that was fairly detailed was for a 4th gen - which are, apparently, quite different.
http://www.jrcormier.com/2013/04/jdm-climate-control/

I initially agreed a price of £80 for the conversion kit, but ended up happily paying £100 as I got a few other bits that I didn't necessarily need but was unsure until I began stripping. It did simplify the conversion a bit.

For my installation, the parts / work involved was as follows:

Parts in basic kit (Minimum requirement)
Climate control unit
CC loom
Airmix motor
Temp sensor - interior
Temp sensor - outside
Sunlight sensor
Blower transistor

I also had
Blower with recirculation motor (not needed)
Air con unit with evaporation sensor (sensor needed, but I already had one in my unit so simply swapped over the connector to make it work with my new loom, which had a different plug)
Heater unit complete with airmix motor - This I swapped over completely so that I didn't have to modify the manual slide / cable assembly to work with the motor (which would also have to be mounted on an bespoke bracket.
Dash wiring loom.
Footwell lighting loom (not relevant but a nice touch) :)

The dash needs to be completely removed, to allow changes to the loom, fitment of the sensors and fitment of the airmix.

I stripped the JDM dash loom to remove the sensor wiring. All sensors ran to one connection plug that was the same as the UKDM. The UK used only 3 wires but the JDM used 7, I think, so I simply spliced this into my loom to build one out of the two.
Swapped the heater unit.
Mount the outside temp sensor and run wiring back through bulkhead.
Fit the transistor on to the blower and connect up the new climate control loom.
Refit the dash and connect all wires and a pipe for the dash temp sensor.

That's basically it. Easy, but quite a bit of work.
Andy Pont

c_doughty1
Supporter 2014
My Generation: 4G

Re: Digital heater controll questions.

Post by c_doughty1 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:43 pm

andypont wrote:I agree with Maruisz, it is a lot of work, but not particularly complicated. I found a few write ups but the only one that was fairly detailed was for a 4th gen - which are, apparently, quite different.
http://www.jrcormier.com/2013/04/jdm-climate-control/

I initially agreed a price of £80 for the conversion kit, but ended up happily paying £100 as I got a few other bits that I didn't necessarily need but was unsure until I began stripping. It did simplify the conversion a bit.

For my installation, the parts / work involved was as follows:

Parts in basic kit (Minimum requirement)
Climate control unit
CC loom
Airmix motor
Temp sensor - interior
Temp sensor - outside
Sunlight sensor
Blower transistor

I also had
Blower with recirculation motor (not needed)
Air con unit with evaporation sensor (sensor needed, but I already had one in my unit so simply swapped over the connector to make it work with my new loom, which had a different plug)
Heater unit complete with airmix motor - This I swapped over completely so that I didn't have to modify the manual slide / cable assembly to work with the motor (which would also have to be mounted on an bespoke bracket.
Dash wiring loom.
Footwell lighting loom (not relevant but a nice touch) :)

The dash needs to be completely removed, to allow changes to the loom, fitment of the sensors and fitment of the airmix.

I stripped the JDM dash loom to remove the sensor wiring. All sensors ran to one connection plug that was the same as the UKDM. The UK used only 3 wires but the JDM used 7, I think, so I simply spliced this into my loom to build one out of the two.
Swapped the heater unit.
Mount the outside temp sensor and run wiring back through bulkhead.
Fit the transistor on to the blower and connect up the new climate control loom.
Refit the dash and connect all wires and a pipe for the dash temp sensor.

That's basically it. Easy, but quite a bit of work.
I've just read the link you posted on the air con to climate its actually scary

Return to “Interior”