Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Wet brake pedal (Honest!)

Inside your car, there is an interior. Talk about it here
Doggo
Court Jester
My Generation: 5G
PSN GamerTag: FfyreDog

Post by Doggo » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:50 pm

simonc wrote:@bb1boy. Morning chap and hope you're well. I hear what you're saying and if, after using the car on 'face' air-con mode for a week and the pedal is dry then your plan is what we'll have to do.
Don't know any DJ's out here matey, so no smoke I'm afraid, unless I take a pack of B&H into the foot well and smoke myself to death looking for the alleged hole.
I'll keep you up to speed if I feel a soggy sock in the next few days... ;)
Nice to live in a country warm enough to try this :D

simonc
Supporter 2016
My Generation: 4G

Post by simonc » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:49 am

@bb1boy. :clap:
Thanks for that matey. You've made my day.
:D
However, got a bit more news and pics in and around an oil leak :evil: .
Got to get the piccys all labelled so perhaps I'll start another thread.
'Mr Bridger, will drive them, into the sea...'

simonc
Supporter 2016

Post by simonc » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:36 am

Hi all, update on the oil leak that I promised to do - sorry, rushed off me feet and all that. Right, here's the saga.
A couple of weeks ago, after moving the car forward in the drive for a wash, I was walking back toward the house and noticed a fifty pence sized dollop of oil on the drive floor. Yikes. Took it to Jason, got it on the ramp and saw that there was a fair smear of oil on the engine which he immediately said was from the crankcase pulley seal. Actually, while I was there and the car was up on the ramp, two or three drops actually appeared on his newly painted floor.
Anyway, as it transpired there was a lot more than just that to contend with. Here's some shots.
EDIT( I hope all named all these parts correctly. Jason took the shots and forwarded them to me. I took down the names over the phone while looking at the photos, describing them to him. Apologies if my titles are not correct.)

Here's the main culprit after cleaning up.

But we also found this. The rubber seal on the oil filter adaptor was all manky and had not been seated properly.
A shot of the housing.
Now cleaned up.
This pipe to the transmission oil cooler was fitted badly and Jason had to break it to get it off.
The offending article. A new one has been fitted.
New oil and filter fitted. Actually a good result is the smoky/powder stuff that was in the exhaust has gone

All in all, a good result. :)

However, take a butchers at this! This is not good. I've been nagging Jason about my shock knock for ages but he's been saying the shocks and the mountings are okay. However, we were mooching round the 4WS and he peeled back the gaiter and this is what I have. It's very wobbly 'in and out' not so much 'up and down'.

Here's my shock knock culprit we think. Any thoughts gents? How bad does it look?

vanzep
Supporter 2016

Post by vanzep » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:11 am

thats good work getting the oil leaks fixed :)
both are fairly common leaks...the oil cooler o ring especially
here are a few part numbers if that helps any:
oil cooler oring 91316-PE7-730 (supercedes 91316-PT6-003)
about a year later after changing the o ring i had to change the hoses that connect to it as they had gone a bit soft from oil contamination
hose A - 19521-P13-000
hose B - 19522-PT2-000

i dont know anything about 4ws so hopefully others will be able to help
1996-2000 1993 EG9 Blue Civic 1.6 Vti - Traded in against the BB4
2000-2019 1994 2WS BB4 Milano Red JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD

2015 on > 1991 4WS BB1 Phantom Pearl Grey JDM Prelude Si VTEC LSD
2021 ON > 1998 2WS BB6 White Pearl JDM Prelude Si VTEC

simonc
Supporter 2016

Post by simonc » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:18 am

Cheers Nick, I'll keep a note of those numbers. The nice thing about finding the leaks is that all the fettling seems to have to have stopped the dust coming from the exhaust. Even though she's not been for a long blast yet, the difference is amazing so I'm dead chuffed about that. ;)

Yes, the 4WS... I'm sure one of the guys will be along later to let me know the diagnosis. :?

Return to “Interior”