Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Climate Control blowing cold air

Inside your car, there is an interior. Talk about it here
JohnnyB
My Generation: 4G

Climate Control blowing cold air

Post by JohnnyB » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:46 pm

Has anyone experienced problems with their digital climate control only blowing cold? I've checked and bled coolant and it was all fine, have removed the climate control unit and re-soldered the connectors (which fixed the flickering display and a few other issues) but I'm still only getting cold air. It was absolutely fine when I got the car back on the road and then one day I got in and had no heat :lol: :roll:

I'm guessing there's some sort of control valve on the digital climate control models which may have failed? Or my heater matrix has collapsed... Any thoughts or experience with this before I tear the dash out?

Thanks in advance 8-)

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:11 pm

There is a valve on the inlet pipes in the engine bay, under the inlet manifold. It's operated by a tiny vacuum servo.
You'll probably find the tiny actuator arm has corroded and is seized in the guide tube and the system doesn't have enough grunt to over come it.

Don't just try and force the arm yourself, by hand - it will just split the plastic guide (you can probably guess how I know :facepalm: ). You'll need to rub down the arm first to remove the corrosion, then lube it up with something that will help it move and protect from further corrosion.

JohnnyB

Re: Climate Control blowing cold air

Post by JohnnyB » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:18 am

Awesome, cheers dude. I'll have a look at that next time I get a chance to give her some TLC 8-)

wurlycorner
Ye are glad to be dead, RIGHT?

Post by wurlycorner » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:41 pm

It's no.2 on here, btw;

Fault could also be a split in the vacuum line to the actuator, or the diaphragm in the actuator gone, but money is on the rod being corroded/seized.

Return to “Interior”