Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

4g + Kids car seats?

Inside your car, there is an interior. Talk about it here
bb1boy
My Generation: 4G
XBOX GamerTag: adam fantastic

Post by bb1boy » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:40 am

Fair enough dude. You're the first Honda guy I've heard say they don't like them.. Each to their own, of course :)

chrismc

Post by chrismc » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:51 am

Yeah the DC5 always looks a bit bloated to me.

Stock vs stock very little between the 2 & 5 in the real world also. Just not my cuppa tea....

Maybe I'm getting old but the thought of a sleeper BB1 like bennyboys really appeals over my ATR (not saying Benny is old btw :? !)

A minty standard-looking/sounding BB1 with a slip diff/4.64fd etc is my idea of fun!!
95 UKDM BB1 VTEC (retired)
2019 mk7.5 Golf GTD
2000 UKDM CW Integra R

bb1boy
XBOX GamerTag: adam fantastic

Post by bb1boy » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:53 am

That's cool mate, I just can't get enough of mine..

I know what you're saying though, I'll always love a clean 4th too!

Drax

Post by Drax » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:06 pm

2x kids in the back of a 4g, now that's easy - 2x adults in the back of a 4g, as long as they've have had both their legs amputated you'll be fine.
2.2 JDM DOHC SI-VTEC LSD TCS 4WS ABS BB1 MANUAL 1992
FOR PAUL

rrobis

Post by rrobis » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:20 pm

sorry for hijacking topic, but it's similar - any experience with car seats for toddlers in 4g?
can all of them be fitted in the back or only just a few?
wouldn't want to leave lude gathering dust in garage just because baby seat cannot be fitted in :cry:
4gen Prelude JDM H22A LSD Accord CM1 Type-F
Image Image
Sortaflush. offset is something

Drax

Post by Drax » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:17 pm

rrobis wrote:sorry for hijacking topic, but it's similar - any experience with car seats for toddlers in 4g?
can all of them be fitted in the back or only just a few?
wouldn't want to leave lude gathering dust in garage just because baby seat cannot be fitted in :cry:
my 3yr old fitted in the passenger side in his child seat just fine on several occasions, not tried the back as i have no rear seats :lol:
2.2 JDM DOHC SI-VTEC LSD TCS 4WS ABS BB1 MANUAL 1992
FOR PAUL

rrobis

Post by rrobis » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:54 pm

Drax wrote:my 3yr old fitted in the passenger side in his child seat just fine on several occasions, not tried the back as i have no rear seats :lol:
hah, ok :D
4gen Prelude JDM H22A LSD Accord CM1 Type-F
Image Image
Sortaflush. offset is something

bennyboy
Art Mechanic
PSN GamerTag: OCbennyboy

Post by bennyboy » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:05 am

chrismc wrote:Yeah the DC5 always looks a bit bloated to me.

Stock vs stock very little between the 2 & 5 in the real world also. Just not my cuppa tea....

Maybe I'm getting old but the thought of a sleeper BB1 like bennyboys really appeals over my ATR (not saying Benny is old btw :? !)

A minty standard-looking/sounding BB1 with a slip diff/4.64fd etc is my idea of fun!!
Agree on the DC5, I like it a lot and it's practical!, I just feel the lude looks better. :oops:

It's one of the major reasons I have had my car so long and don't worry, you won't offend me, :lol: I'm 39 BTW.
I was 25 when I got my lude though if that counts for anything. :?: :D
Your comment about it being a sleeper is bang on what I like about it too - with the extra work I've had done, it's a fairly practical coupe that really does come alive when you want it to.

Case in point, I was out in mine yesterday with my dad in the passenger seat and my three year old behind him in his child seat.
No probs at all and my lad is very big for his age. Was able to run around, shop a bit, collect some 6 foot lengths of timber and a roll of canvas and still boot it a bit on the b roads on the way home, much to my lads satisfaction. :lol: he laughs like a loon.

It's never going to be as practical as an ATR, but if like me it's a second car (we have an 03 CRV which is ace as a family runabout), you should find no issue with the occasional journey with the kids.
To think 14 years ago, just after I got the lude, I took my mate and a couple of girls up to Liverpool for the weekend. That's four adults and luggage for 200 miles... No-one got deep vein thrombosis and I married one of the girls so something went right. :lol:
UKDM BB1 H22A8 NH561P 244bhp 173lbft

'Nigella'

www.benaskem.co.uk

chrismc

Post by chrismc » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:32 pm

:lol:

Another one in the nearly 40 gang eh!?

Well the car I had my eye on has now sold- raysmith48's old 4g. Clearly it's not meant to be eh?

Il just have to concentrate on the ATR instead. Lightened fly & 4.64fd are now essential mods- then no doubt il speak to Rich about optimising the A7

I just need to rediscover the love for it again. With a newly mapped mk7 GTD as our family-wagon it kinda highlights how things have moved on with modern cars (& the latest dervs especially). It is effortlessly swift, quiet & still returns 50mpg.

The Accord needs its neck wringing, is noisy & returns 25 overall if I'm lucky.....it does sound nice mind you!! :lol:
95 UKDM BB1 VTEC (retired)
2019 mk7.5 Golf GTD
2000 UKDM CW Integra R

Return to “Interior”