Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Sound aystem

Inside your car, there is an interior. Talk about it here
Danielr637
My Generation: 5G

Sound aystem

Post by Danielr637 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:35 am

Hi,

Got a 5th gen 2.2, the sound system standard is actually pretty good but thinking about adding a bass box and a new radio

Does anyone have a bass box for sale on here going cheap?
I'm also after a radio but I want one that fills the gap where the radio fits so that it's a full screen. I have seen one that people have managed to get the Honda logo come on when you switch the radio on, does anyone have any advice on how to do this?

Lastly, just out of interest. I had a 5th gen 2.0 before my 2.2 and the sound system was very poor, did they fit an updated one to the 2.2?

Thanks

Daniel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

norks27
Supporter 2016

Post by norks27 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:30 pm

Danielr637 wrote:Lastly, just out of interest. I had a 5th gen 2.0 before my 2.2 and the sound system was very poor, did they fit an updated one to the 2.2?
I believe the 2.2 had additional tweeters in the doors, (6 speakers vs 4 in the 2.0)

Adding a sub does do wonders for the sound:

To retain space in your boot you can sacrifice the spare wheel and have a sub fitted in there. I'm sure there was a Bose sub that fit the wheel well on sale a while back on the forum.
Looks something like this:

Any double din unit will fit nicely in the space:

The one with the Honda logo on start up, I think that was a custom job using an Android tablet to fill the space, can't recall whose Lude profile I saw that on.

Vtecmec
LotM Winner
My Generation: 4G
XBOX GamerTag: vtecmec

Post by Vtecmec » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:40 pm

Mine has the honda logo on the screen, it's a kenwood double din touch screen. Most of those allow you to import a background pic.

Danielr637

Re: Sound aystem

Post by Danielr637 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:13 pm

Has anyone a sub for sale on here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gayno
Lord Gayness
My Generation: 4G

Post by Gayno » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:59 pm

The Bose sub that Norks posted actually fits INSIDE the spare, so you don't have to give that up. I've got one and while it's not pounding bass, it does give a bit more depth to the sound

Return to “Interior”