Congratulations to vtecmec for winning May/June's Lude Of The Month, with his DIY Turbo BB1 build.

>>> Click Here For Profile <<<

Key cutting

Inside your car, there is an interior. Talk about it here
Danzley0
My Generation: 5G
XBOX GamerTag: Danzley0

Key cutting

Post by Danzley0 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:39 pm

Just been to get a key cut at timsons
Turns out they arent allowed to cut a key you provide
Also i knew the person behind the counter so she did it as a favour then didnt charge me for it. Tried it in the car and it worked but was stiff
Went back into the shop and asked for it to be re done
Turns out apparently she has taken too much off of the key so one is taken off the shelf and a key is re-cut
Now ive had 2 new keys cut for free and both of them work
I call that a good day!!

firstlude
My Generation: 4G

Post by firstlude » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:28 pm

that is a result i have a genuine blank honda key i wont cutting wonder if my timsons will do it :think:
success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm :D :D

Danzley0

Post by Danzley0 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:01 pm

Timsons as a company wont do it try a private company? May charge you extra for bringing your own key though
Plus the blank keys they use for the ef civics work so if you wanted to keep your blank key do it that way

firstlude

Post by firstlude » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:38 pm

went into my local independant key cutters with my honda oem blank only to be told they cant do it , why i said ?? we dont cut customers blanks in case it goes wrong you as a customer will wont a refund , but you cut keys thats your expertise why should it go wrong, ok i said you cut the key what ever the outcome i will be happy no refund , nope still cant cut it he says :facepalm:
success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm :D :D

Danzley0

Post by Danzley0 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:22 am

Thats the problems these days as i said though just keep the blank key and use the same key as the ef civic?

firstlude

Post by firstlude » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:53 am

yeah whats the matter with people these days , home come no one just says yeah ok i can do that for you :D

Return to “Interior”